NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-02-2013
AOR Received.
09-05-2013
Umer Shahzad said:
well i have applied and my file application no is HK00087xxxx and their is friend of mine who got interview call last time he have application no HK0006xxxx

there is round about 27k application difference he applied in july 2010 got interviewed in nov 2012

i supposted it will be a large no of applicants cos most people from India will get effected ! u ll see i am sorry for the no but they will according to cambell cohen website there was a backlog of round about 65k application from all over the world in 2010 i cannot find the link leme search it for u and its for sure that such kind of nos will get effected
First letters can be different as well, my file number is VA00005xxxx (you're talking about dossier number, right?). So the difference can be even larger.

Umer Shahzad

Aug 20, 2011
Pakistan
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
alexey_nathan said:
First letters can be different as well, my file number is VA00005xxxx (you're talking about dossier number, right?). So the difference can be even larger.
yes it can be it varies from visa office 2 visa office

alexey_nathan

Star Member
Aug 20, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Montreal
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-02-2013
AOR Received.
09-05-2013
Umer Shahzad said:
yes it can be it varies from visa office 2 visa office

Oh, I see, HK = Hong Kong, VA = Vienna, right?

alexey_nathan

Star Member
Aug 20, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Montreal
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-02-2013
AOR Received.
09-05-2013
Umer Shahzad said:
Why are you only talking about Asian applicants being "fooled" by this new language requirement? All other applicants are affected as well. I guess, not francophone countries really, but a lot of others!

Umer Shahzad

Aug 20, 2011
Pakistan
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
alexey_nathan said:
Why are you only talking about Asian applicants being "fooled" by this new language requirement? All other applicants are affected as well. I guess, not francophone countries really, but a lot of others!
cos from asia no interview is conducted in the last mission where there was the biggest backlog plus the office shifted from HK-Montreal they stopped processing applications they just took there fees and put the files in the cub-boards ! in 2011 no indian applicant got interview call neither he got shortlisted ! they are waiting worse is from pakistan people applied since 2010 Sept are waiting why the hell paris people get prority treatment ? we have paid the equal amount of fee why discrimination

signalmaker

Apr 19, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Montreal
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 19th 2012
Doc's Request.
October 28th 2012 - Changed Check / and added a Child.
AOR Received.
Nov 26th 2012
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
Interview........
@ Waiting list since September 17th 2013
LANDED..........
Hopefully April 2017.
Umer Shahzad said:
cos from asia no interview is conducted in the last mission where there was the biggest backlog plus the office shifted from HK-Montreal they stopped processing applications they just took there fees and put the files in the cub-boards ! in 2011 no indian applicant got interview call neither he got shortlisted ! they are waiting worse is from pakistan people applied since 2010 Sept are waiting why the hell paris people get prority treatment ? we have paid the equal amount of fee why discrimination

c'est le racisme cheri ! :) .. but when you ask they say ; Qutoa stuff , backlog .. number of applicants .. number of employees .. Priority stuff .. and many things ..

Dipolog

Aug 16, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Montreal
NOC Code......
U118
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 2013
AOR Received.
Waiting!!!!
IELTS Request
Sent with my application
my application was pass in july 26 2013, its is my application will hit by new rules?
it is french exam required to pass in every application or they will continue to process my application without french exam?
please guys i need some advice? ???

gates1580

Star Member
May 13, 2013
Umer Shahzad said:

Is it that difficult to understand? Quebec wants people who can speak french fluently and contribute to their province. And they know that if they bring in french speaking applicants, they are more likely to stay in the province after getting their residency than using this process as a backdoor and moving on to other parts of Canada. Otherwise, it would be a waste of their operational time value of money.
There is no discrimination. Like every other country in the world, the final decision as to whom to let into their land rests with Quebec.

raistlin17phil

Jul 17, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-10-2012
Doc's Request.
27-05-2014
Nomination.....
CSQ 15-09-2014
AOR Received.
14-03-2014
IELTS Request
submitted with the application
File Transfer...
01-01-2013
Med's Request
02-07-2015
Med's Done....
07-07-2015
Interview........
Waived (QSWP)
Dipolog said:
my application was pass in july 26 2013, its is my application will hit by new rules?
it is french exam required to pass in every application or they will continue to process my application without french exam?
please guys i need some advice? ???
New rules, more than likely, if you look at the FAQ's in their French website. If you are not going to claim points for French upon submission of your application, you must make sure you have 49 or 57 points at least, without it ( I reached this conclusion because they said somewhere in their site, "applicants who wish to claim points). Then you can just update your file later and get additional points. But without French, you may be at a disadvantage because Quebec is very particular with this. They'll accept your application but may put other files with French ahead of yours.

Dipolog

Aug 16, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Montreal
NOC Code......
U118
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 2013
AOR Received.
Waiting!!!!
IELTS Request
Sent with my application
raistlin17phil said:
New rules, more than likely, if you look at the FAQ's in their French website. If you are not going to claim points for French upon submission of your application, you must make sure you have 49 or 57 points at least, without it ( I reached this conclusion because they said somewhere in their site, "applicants who wish to claim points). Then you can just update your file later and get additional points. But without French, you may be at a disadvantage because Quebec is very particular with this. They'll accept your application but may put other files with French ahead of yours.
if my application will process by the new rules my points will increase into 66 points (without french exam) because there is increase points for nurses, is there a chance that my application will process without french exam?
Please give me some advice :(

swamik

Star Member
Nov 30, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Dipolog said:
if my application will process by the new rules my points will increase into 66 points (without french exam) because there is increase points for nurses, is there a chance that my application will process without french exam?
Please give me some advice :(
Unfortunately no one can advice on this, even if there is some suggestions its more speculative and not actual, Only the immigration dept can give the right info, which they never do. Best thing is to keep cool wait patiently.

swamik

Star Member
Nov 30, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
gates1580 said:
Is it that difficult to understand? Quebec wants people who can speak french fluently and contribute to their province. And they know that if they bring in french speaking applicants, they are more likely to stay in the province after getting their residency than using this process as a backdoor and moving on to other parts of Canada. Otherwise, it would be a waste of their operational time value of money.
There is no discrimination. Like every other country in the world, the final decision as to whom to let into their land rests with Quebec.
I can never accept this, in any civilized society, people will find no reason to leave a place unless there exists any other discrimination based on origin, race, religion language. I dont think Quebec is one such place. Imagine, lot of Indians, Pakistanis, Chinese, Filipinos, Bangladeshis, living in Main land Europe, Without knowing German, French, Spanish, Portuguese etc. In fact I have friends who have no knowledge of any local languages and successfully established in these places. Quebec, will also be one such place with a beautiful mix of religion, color, race, origin, language and can be a definite success over other province.

If Quebec purposefully rejects people based on the origin and language, they are deciding to kill their own economy and definitely I do not want to be part of it. Note that, I am not saying the new rules has any such intentions, Since Quebec still provide points for English, Which makes me feel they dont discriminate based on language. If what ever you have told turns to be true I would definitely withdraw my application. And I am better off not going to Quebec.

Titoualfruk

Star Member
Feb 5, 2013
Toulouse
Category........
Visa Office......
Montréal
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26/03/2013
Doc's Request.
March 2014
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
CSQ 16/8/2013 PR 01/04/2015
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
01/04/2015
Med's Request
12/06/2015
Med's Done....
29/06/2015
Interview........
25/11/2014
Passport Req..
No passport request visa exempt
VISA ISSUED...
10/07/2015
LANDED..........
13/10/2015
Folks

Québec is a democaracy and they have the right to change the rules to suit them. IF they want higher level of French then it is their right to demand this.

Yeah it stinks but hey if you are genuinely seeking to live in Québec then learning French to a higher level is an advantage. It is more than obvisous from some of the postings that certain people are using the QSW just to enter Canada without any intention of staying in Québec.

Even though Canada is officially a bilingual country Québec is predominantley French speaking, you just can't integrate fully not knowing French, other of course will contradict this and there are cases where this has happened. The majority of people will have problems.

Has anyone bothered to look at some of the jobs available in Québec and how many ask for bilingualism both spokend and written??? nearly all of the jobs in the domain I work in demand both spoken and written French and trust me I do not do a lot of writing in my field.

I have tefaq C1 & C2 and have lived and worked in France for nearly 7 years and trust me, I think I am going to have problems!!! Just understanding Québec French is a challenge and not to mention the use of words that in France French means something completely different.

As for those of you who want interview waiver. If you believe your case to be strong then you can get the points for adaptability and are genuinely interested in Québec then the interviw will be a doddle as you will of course have been studying and preparing already for moving to Québec and should be well advanced in understanding the Québec culture, québec life and Québec values. I think that most of the people who are cacking it and are annoyed are those that have tried to play the game of easyness for entering Canada and here Québec has just made the game a little bit harder.

I know that what I have said may not apply to everyone but it does apply to some, but the moral of the story is you gotta try harder folks, learn French if you genuinely want to integrate into Québec and if your intention is to move to another province as soon as you have arrive, then do us all who genuinely want to live in Québec a favour and bugger off to the FSW route.

TIP: for those genuinely trying to learn French the a Besscherelle is 100% neccesarry. CO?JUGAISON, ORTHOGRAPH et SYNTAXE.

Food For Thought: Just imagine in your country if a French person arrived who only spoke French, how would they integrate into your culture not knowing your language or your way of life???.