NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-11-10
Doc's Request.
BD has been cashed out(Nov.10,2010)
Nomination.....
In Process(February 23,2011),Centralized Intake Office Sydney (CIO-S) Eligibility Review Complete (February 26,2011)
AOR Received.
PER received February 23,2011,2nd AOR(Per) March 17,2011
IELTS Request
submitted with the rest of the documents
File Transfer...
March 24,2011
Med's Request
July 13,2011
Med's Done....
July 28,2011.Payment for processing and RPRF for my wife done in SEPT.16,2011
Interview........
i hope not
Passport Req..
Nov.28,2011
VISA ISSUED...
Jan 11,2011
LANDED..........
April 30,2012..Successfully completed and became a permanent resident holder.
HI Guys,

I am new in Quebec Federal Skilled Program, I am thinking to help my love ones to apply for Quebec, so my first question will be, the IELTS requirements should be required as soon as possible before the immigration officer process your documents and my second question, if granted my love ones will have a visa, she can move to another province in Canada right away.

signalmaker

Apr 19, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Montreal
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 19th 2012
Doc's Request.
October 28th 2012 - Changed Check / and added a Child.
AOR Received.
Nov 26th 2012
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
Interview........
@ Waiting list since September 17th 2013
LANDED..........
Hopefully April 2017.
Dipolog said:
if my application will process by the new rules my points will increase into 66 points (without french exam) because there is increase points for nurses, is there a chance that my application will process without french exam?
Please give me some advice :(
they depend on points only

swamik

Star Member
Nov 30, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Titoualfruk said:
Folks

Québec is a democaracy and they have the right to change the rules to suit them. IF they want higher level of French then it is their right to demand this.

Yeah it stinks but hey if you are genuinely seeking to live in Québec then learning French to a higher level is an advantage. It is more than obvisous from some of the postings that certain people are using the QSW just to enter Canada without any intention of staying in Québec.

Even though Canada is officially a bilingual country Québec is predominantley French speaking, you just can't integrate fully not knowing French, other of course will contradict this and there are cases where this has happened. The majority of people will have problems.

Has anyone bothered to look at some of the jobs available in Québec and how many ask for bilingualism both spokend and written??? nearly all of the jobs in the domain I work in demand both spoken and written French and trust me I do not do a lot of writing in my field.

I have tefaq C1 & C2 and have lived and worked in France for nearly 7 years and trust me, I think I am going to have problems!!! Just understanding Québec French is a challenge and not to mention the use of words that in France French means something completely different.

As for those of you who want interview waiver. If you believe your case to be strong then you can get the points for adaptability and are genuinely interested in Québec then the interviw will be a doddle as you will of course have been studying and preparing already for moving to Québec and should be well advanced in understanding the Québec culture, québec life and Québec values. I think that most of the people who are cacking it and are annoyed are those that have tried to play the game of easyness for entering Canada and here Québec has just made the game a little bit harder.

I know that what I have said may not apply to everyone but it does apply to some, but the moral of the story is you gotta try harder folks, learn French if you genuinely want to integrate into Québec and if your intention is to move to another province as soon as you have arrive, then do us all who genuinely want to live in Québec a favour and bugger off to the FSW route.

TIP: for those genuinely trying to learn French the a Besscherelle is 100% neccesarry. CO?JUGAISON, ORTHOGRAPH et SYNTAXE.

Food For Thought: Just imagine in your country if a French person arrived who only spoke French, how would they integrate into your culture not knowing your language or your way of life???.
Hi,

I think its a joke on people who have applied for Quebec.. Come on, you have spent 6 -7 years to learn the level of french you have and you where in a French speaking environment to attain this feet. Imagine people from other places who do not have any scent of french in their life and they have put effort in learning and attaining level A2 or B1, are they not superior ?? Have they put the effort just to move on to Canada ignoring Quebec ?? We need to be practical Titoualfruk. I know you are in a strong wicket, but, definitely, the level of knowledge one possesses in the AOT should weight more and also the effort they have put in attaining B2 B1 etc. America, has more number of people without English, and they have built the nation to its might.

Also, if Quebec wants people to spend 5 years for attaining B2 then they only need French language and no other skills for the success of the Economy

raistlin17phil

Jul 17, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-10-2012
Doc's Request.
27-05-2014
Nomination.....
CSQ 15-09-2014
AOR Received.
14-03-2014
IELTS Request
submitted with the application
File Transfer...
01-01-2013
Med's Request
02-07-2015
Med's Done....
07-07-2015
Interview........
Waived (QSWP)
swamik said:
Unfortunately no one can advice on this, even if there is some suggestions its more speculative and not actual, Only the immigration dept can give the right info, which they never do. Best thing is to keep cool wait patiently.
Dipolog,

Look at p. 40 of the Selection Guide. http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=hu&sl=fr&tl=en&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww2.publicationsduquebec.gouv.qc.ca%2FdynamicSearch%2Ftelecharge.php%3Ftype%3D7%26file%3DGPI-3-1.pdf&sandbox=1.

"Candidates who do not submit certificates of test results standardized French and English must confirm by checking the box provided for this purpose in their DCS."

"Candidates (principal applicants and spouses) who wish to see assess skills in French, must submit at the time of presentation of their immigration application, verification of results for one of six assessment tests recognized by the French Ministry, namely xxx"

Based on this translated document, it is clear to me that the guidelines, if followed, actually allow people to submit applications without French results provided they successfully pass the "tiers" for selection mentioned elsewhere in the said document. It did not say that those applications without B2 level are going to be disqualified, but it did not say, either,that they are going to be selected. I believe the trick lies on whether these guidelines are actually going to be followed, or Quebec Immigration has additional other guidelines that they are not sharing to the public, such as how they are going to compromise between the French language and Quebec's drastic need for professions listed in the AOT. In this light I agree with Swamik that only the Immigration Dept. can actually give the right info. I guess that if you have already submitted, just study French and update them later on (as soon as you can) with an exam even if it is not yet B2; at least you can show them that there is progress in your French skills and you are serious about succeeding once already in Quebec. Just my thoughts ;)

Titoualfruk

Star Member
Feb 5, 2013
Toulouse
Category........
Visa Office......
Montréal
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26/03/2013
Doc's Request.
March 2014
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
CSQ 16/8/2013 PR 01/04/2015
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
01/04/2015
Med's Request
12/06/2015
Med's Done....
29/06/2015
Interview........
25/11/2014
Passport Req..
No passport request visa exempt
VISA ISSUED...
10/07/2015
LANDED..........
13/10/2015
swamik said:
Hi,

I think its a joke on people who have applied for Quebec.. Come on, you have spent 6 -7 years to learn the level of french you have and you where in a French speaking environment to attain this feet. Imagine people from other places who do not have any scent of french in their life and they have put effort in learning and attaining level A2 or B1, are they not superior ?? Have they put the effort just to move on to Canada ignoring Quebec ?? We need to be practical Titoualfruk. I know you are in a strong wicket, but, definitely, the level of knowledge one possesses in the AOT should weight more and also the effort they have put in attaining B2 B1 etc. America, has more number of people without English, and they have built the nation to its might.

Also, if Quebec wants people to spend 5 years for attaining B2 then they only need French language and no other skills for the success of the Economy
I agree with what you are saying, with intensive courses you can get a higher level. I know I have an advantage due to my experience but even at my level I have worries about integrating. I know it's not going to be easy, I just don't see how someone who has basic French will find a job, friends and settle down. I am not saying it is impossible, I am saying that it will be hard.

I have had work experience that most people could only dream of in my demain and have a CV which is worth its weight in gold. I am paid peanuts here but when I can put on my CV the kinds of things and people I have encountered it is woth the hard life. I know one day that it will be worth it, just not sure when that will be. In québec maybe, hopefully and with lots of good luck. Even withh all of this I think integration will still be harder and maybe will be made harder by future PQ policies.

You also have to look at the politics. You have the PQ who's ultimate goal is independence, an independant French speaking state and they are doing all they can to majoritise and francacise everything. It really is no surprise that they have made changes that some may deem unfair, but life is not fair.

I guess you never know, I am not trying to discourage people I just want to try and give people a few pointers. I moved from the UK to France nearly 7 years ago and trust me it's wasn't and still isn't easy. I worked hard got my head down and learnt and learnt. I do not have English Friends, I speak 99% of the time in French. I am forced to write in English for work so hence although I speak good French the Written stuff ain't that good.

I will give you one example: I have a very good qualification in my domain of work, and would be paid 3 times as much in the UK. Here in France the company I work for refuses to recognise my UK qualifications and we are European neighbours, and as such I am paid less than my qualified collegues!!!

I hope that all those who wish to move to Québec and really want to live there I hope that they all get the chance, but as with all things in life you just never know. the world changes and unfirtunately it is for us, the little people to adapt everytime.

I do find it unfair that the rules will be applied retroactively though.

Titoualfruk

Star Member
Feb 5, 2013
Toulouse
Category........
Visa Office......
Montréal
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26/03/2013
Doc's Request.
March 2014
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
01/04/2015
Med's Request
12/06/2015
Med's Done....
29/06/2015
Interview........
25/11/2014
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
10/07/2015
LANDED..........
13/10/2015
Good nes for Avrilistes they have started the files for April! Ours was received the 8th April and we have been charged to our CC the 19th August.

Good luck folks

lemans207

Champion Member
Oct 21, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
gates1580 said:
Is it that difficult to understand? Quebec wants people who can speak french fluently and contribute to their province. And they know that if they bring in french speaking applicants, they are more likely to stay in the province after getting their residency than using this process as a backdoor and moving on to other parts of Canada. Otherwise, it would be a waste of their operational time value of money.
There is no discrimination. Like every other country in the world, the final decision as to whom to let into their land rests with Quebec.
Guys its clear, the new parti quebecois wants only french speaking, because everyone immigrant doesnt speak french, will not vote to them and for their plans,

Titoualfruk

Star Member
Feb 5, 2013
Toulouse
Category........
Visa Office......
Montréal
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26/03/2013
Doc's Request.
March 2014
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
01/04/2015
Med's Request
12/06/2015
Med's Done....
29/06/2015
Interview........
25/11/2014
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
10/07/2015
LANDED..........
13/10/2015
raistlin17phil said:
Dipolog,

Look at p. 40 of the Selection Guide. http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=hu&sl=fr&tl=en&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww2.publicationsduquebec.gouv.qc.ca%2FdynamicSearch%2Ftelecharge.php%3Ftype%3D7%26file%3DGPI-3-1.pdf&sandbox=1.

"Candidates who do not submit certificates of test results standardized French and English must confirm by checking the box provided for this purpose in their DCS."

"Candidates (principal applicants and spouses) who wish to see assess skills in French, must submit at the time of presentation of their immigration application, verification of results for one of six assessment tests recognized by the French Ministry, namely xxx"

Based on this translated document, it is clear to me that the guidelines, if followed, actually allow people to submit applications without French results provided they successfully pass the "tiers" for selection mentioned elsewhere in the said document. It did not say that those applications without B2 level are going to be disqualified, but it did not say, either,that they are going to be selected. I believe the trick lies on whether these guidelines are actually going to be followed, or Quebec Immigration has additional other guidelines that they are not sharing to the public, such as how they are going to compromise between the French language and Quebec's drastic need for professions listed in the AOT. In this light I agree with Swamik that only the Immigration Dept. can actually give the right info. I guess that if you have already submitted, just study French and update them later on (as soon as you can) with an exam even if it is not yet B2; at least you can show them that there is progress in your French skills and you are serious about succeeding once already in Quebec. Just my thoughts ;)
I have not read anywhere on eityher the CIC or immigration site in French or English that the language tests are obligatory. I believe that if you have enough points with the rest of the criteria then it does not matter.

In my opinion people should not study to A1 level and then say ok got A1 thats enough, even if you get B2 level I would say continue to study, aim higher it can only help you in the end. practice, practicze and mpre practice. It is easy to forget what we have learned, I know this from experience. if I watch too much English TV for example I find that my French listening and speaking skills suffer.

Titoualfruk

Star Member
Feb 5, 2013
Toulouse
Category........
Visa Office......
Montréal
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26/03/2013
Doc's Request.
March 2014
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
01/04/2015
Med's Request
12/06/2015
Med's Done....
29/06/2015
Interview........
25/11/2014
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
10/07/2015
LANDED..........
13/10/2015
lemans207 said:
Guys its clear, the new parti quebecois wants only french speaking, because everyone immigrant doesnt speak french, will not vote to them and for their plans,
Almost correct, they are also realist and know that they need to have diversity in order to fill the jobs that need to be filled. I think that they may take more French speaking people to keep the majority but are not stupid enough to shut the door on the real talent that they need.

Dipolog

Aug 16, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Montreal
NOC Code......
U118
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 2013
AOR Received.
Waiting!!!!
IELTS Request
Sent with my application
swamik said:
Unfortunately no one can advice on this, even if there is some suggestions its more speculative and not actual, Only the immigration dept can give the right info, which they never do. Best thing is to keep cool wait patiently.
what i mean is, it is obligatory to take french exam to make your application process? Or its just a part of the points system of qsw?

swamik

Star Member
Nov 30, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Dipolog said:
what i mean is, it is obligatory to take french exam to make your application process? Or its just a part of the points system of qsw?
Definitely it will be processed, French is not mandatory...

Titoualfruk

Star Member
Feb 5, 2013
Toulouse
Category........
Visa Office......
Montréal
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26/03/2013
Doc's Request.
March 2014
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
01/04/2015
Med's Request
12/06/2015
Med's Done....
29/06/2015
Interview........
25/11/2014
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
10/07/2015
LANDED..........
13/10/2015
Dipolog said:
Like I said I have not read any where that it is mandatory, otherwise it would say ELIMINATOIRE on the application form, like it says already for the financial bit.

Titoualfruk

Star Member
Feb 5, 2013
Toulouse
Category........
Visa Office......
Montréal
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26/03/2013
Doc's Request.
March 2014
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
01/04/2015
Med's Request
12/06/2015
Med's Done....
29/06/2015
Interview........
25/11/2014
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
10/07/2015
LANDED..........
13/10/2015
I do have another question if anyone has experience or knows the response.

We have applied for CSQ, do we have to wait for the certificate before we can do the RP demand? I ask this as on the RP application form which I tool a look at yesterday it has the question have you got your CSQ if no when did you apply!

Can we apply for RP without the certificate and then send them it once we have it?

mrahul

Aug 23, 2013
hi guys i am new to this forum ..... i am also interested in QSW ... i and my spouse have taken IELTS test where in I got over 7 bands and her 5 bands and now as the rules are changed and it is mandatory to show French language proficiency I would like to know that if do we both need to take the TEFAQ test or I being the main applicant is ok...... please let me know.

swamik

Star Member
Nov 30, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Titoualfruk said:
I do have another question if anyone has experience or knows the response.

We have applied for CSQ, do we have to wait for the certificate before we can do the RP demand? I ask this as on the RP application form which I tool a look at yesterday it has the question have you got your CSQ if no when did you apply!

Can we apply for RP without the certificate and then send them it once we have it?
Even i have read that somewhere, but, it it only for students who are already there with their CSQ application in process, or Temporary workers who are in their CSQ queue, but not for off shore applicants i believe..