+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

QUEBEC 2019 OUTLAND SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP

SKRPrince09

Star Member
Feb 12, 2020
Guys what do you guys think?
Do you think we should ask your spouses to apply for a visa.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/trudeau-families-border-1.5602988
I think this is only for CANADA-US border restriction. In case its not, we still need to apply for visitor visa anyway and follow the standard.

I think this exemption will mostly help those who already have some sort of visas to enter Canada. May not help others much as this seems there is a window for this exemption.

Reactions: Canada&CO

SumitJ

May 21, 2020
[QUOTE = "SumitJ, message: 8659820, membre: 979861"]
Bonjour à tous,

Documents envoyés au MIDI - 17 février 2020
CC Charged- 8 juin 2020
Le paiement a été déduit mais je n'ai encore reçu aucun AOR de MIDI.
Qu'est-ce que l'AOR? Vais-je le recevoir dans l'e-mail ou la boîte aux lettres?

Veuillez aider
[/CITATION]
Bonjour tu l as déposé ou envoyé le 17 février ?
merci
I dropped it in their Box myself

Reactions: Arnaud87

Laurahd

Jun 26, 2019
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
15-10-2019
AOR Received.
03-12-2019
Med's Done....
23-10-2019
Yes hopefully cause if I'm not mistaken march 23 2020
The last time they change the date is March 17, 2020. I think someone wrote that an MIFI agent told them that the date on the website will not be changed until all applications received by November 20 are processed. So, yes, there are many applications received after who have been assigned or "start processing" but they are mainly processing those who were received before. That's my understanding. I am not calling to check my application except the other day, I called as I saw some people on the forum with similar CSQ timeline saying their application start processing in April and I found out mine was processing since April 2. There is nothing we can do so we just have to be patient. It will come out at some point. I'm expecting maybe 2-3 weeks for the approval (not to receive it at home) if they start going back to the office as opposed to work from home.

Reactions: Nkpj and Canada&CO

Canada&CO

Star Member
Nov 22, 2019
The last time they change the date is March 17, 2020. I think someone wrote that an MIFI agent told them that the date on the website will not be changed until all applications received by November 20 are processed. So, yes, there are many applications received after who have been assigned or "start processing" but they are mainly processing those who were received before. That's my understanding. I am not calling to check my application except the other day, I called as I saw some people on the forum with similar CSQ timeline saying their application start processing in April and I found out mine was processing since April 2. There is nothing we can do so we just have to be patient. It will come out at some point. I'm expecting maybe 2-3 weeks for the approval (not to receive it at home) if they start going back to the office as opposed to work from home.
I believe you're right. We have no choice then to wait. Mine started processing April 16 so I hope to receive it by the end of July...hopefully

Reactions: Nkpj

kylaviet

Dec 4, 2019
Drove by the building today... my blood boiled knowing my file is in there waiting to be approved :(
I understand 100%. My wife's life is on hold. My life is on hold. Everything is on hold.

I was so insulted when I saw the news yesterday about Canada opening up the borders to spouses (who already have a visa)... this quote from Prime Minister Justin Trudeau made me angry beyond words: "This is an incredibly difficult time to be apart from a spouse, a child, or mom or dad." YEAH EXACTLY! Doesn't this apply to us as well? Are we less important? Second class citizens?

All that's keeping me away from my spouse is a simple CSQ application.

Jamal A.

Star Member
Jan 13, 2019
Like why they don't just accept them to come in without CSQ and here we will wait for the CSQ together with them??
It is so frustrating that the procedure that supposed to be 25 days is after that 5-6 months of wait now what? 1 year?

Reactions: Nkpj

kylaviet

Dec 4, 2019
We all miss our spouses and many of us cannot travel to our spouse's country because of COVID-19 travel restrictions. I can't stand being apart so long, so I found a solution which may also be of interest to those of you whose spouses are in Europe, Africa, the Middle East or Asia.

Turkey is opening back up to tourism next week. Applying for a Turkish e-visa is quick and easy (including for Vietnamese citizens!). Turkish Airlines is flying again with direct flights from Montreal to Istanbul. By the way, I love Turkish Airlines, they are awesome. While our CSQ applications snail along, meeting our spouses in Turkey might be the only solution for some, including myself. Therefore, my wife and I have decided to travel to Turkey soon, where we will finally be together.

Tanzania is another option, but with more complicated flight connections.

Reactions: Nina12 and Jamal A.

kylaviet

Dec 4, 2019
Like why they don't just accept them to come in without CSQ and here we will wait for the CSQ together with them??
It is so frustrating that the procedure that supposed to be 25 days is after that 5-6 months of wait now what? 1 year?
Yes, I have suggested this before. I think we should pressure our MP's (federal) to ask them for special temporary residence visas for our spouses to come to Canada while their application is processed.

"This is an incredibly difficult time to be apart from a spouse, a child, or mom or dad." - Justin Trudeau

Ok Justin, enough words. I want a travel visa.