+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Quarantine rules for immigrants

itzraj

Star Member
Dec 15, 2020
I heard from my employer's attorney.. those who are come in WP visa / PR are come under essential travel. so quarantine rule will not be applicable.

please share your comments

Reactions: tham_son

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I heard from my employer's attorney.. those who are come in WP visa / PR are come under essential travel. so quarantine rule will not be applicable.

How does your employer's attorney know when it hasn't been announced?

Wiggy

Dec 16, 2020

If you check the Canadian immigration website it clearly says that if you are performing an essential service then you MAY be exempt but people can come in on WP provided that they can commence work and the work is available after 14 days quarantine which suggests that most will be need to quarantine.

If all workers on WP were exempt from quarantine, it would make quarantine pointless so I seriously doubt that this is correct

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020

Does your attorney have some inside contact with the government. If all WP visas/PRs come under as essential, then all Canadian citizens entering Canada should also come under essential as they need to return to their jobs too. This means everyone is essential.

AkkiV

Star Member
Dec 3, 2017

I would love to believe this is true.....

AkkiV

Star Member
Dec 3, 2017

@itzraj could you please reconfirm if this is actually the case?

Amm2020

Apr 18, 2020

To be on safe side if you already booked your hotel keep it if hotel allow you change booking on last minute. Wait today and see what the information they post. If you have to book hotel 3 days than change booking regular hotel to 11 days and 3 days from gov site. Confusion will be if incase test come up P than you stuck and god knows how much we will have to pay on top of that $2k. They should just do what NZ did 14 days 3K total.

itzraj

Star Member
Dec 15, 2020
To be on safe side if you already booked your hotel keep it if hotel allow you change booking on last minute. Wait today and see what the information they post. If you have to book hotel 3 days than change booking regular hotel to 11 days and 3 days from gov site. Confusion will be if incase test come up P than you stuck and god knows how much we will have to pay on top of that $2k. They should just do what NZ did 14 days 3K total.
This rule is not applicable for road travel right? only via air has to do the mandatory 3 day quarantine

itzraj

Star Member
Dec 15, 2020
It's NOT the case. If you want to go you will have to quarantine unless you qualify from a VERY small number of exceptions. If that was true EVERYBODY would be exempt.
Today also I check with them, they told that ours is inter company transfer... so you have come under exempt.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Today also I check with them, they told that ours is inter company transfer... so you have come under exempt.
Please ask where your lawyer is getting this info. ICT doesn't mean you are an essential worker. Until the government actually announces this I would take all these confirmations with a grain of salt.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
This rule is not applicable for road travel right? only via air has to do the mandatory 3 day quarantine
Currently. So many people are going to try and go through the land border I think they may need to change things. Not sure why they didn't require returning Canadians/PRs to go through certain borders if they are not essential workers. There are hotels close to the major border crossings where the majority cross.

Reactions: YVR123