Quarantine rules for immigrants

itzraj

Star Member
Dec 15, 2020
You indicated that you are:
  • a foreign national
  • not showing signs and symptoms consistent with COVID-19
  • a temporary foreign worker
Based on your answers, you will likely be allowed to enter Canada; however, the final determination will be made by a government official at the port of entry.

You must have a valid job offer in Canada and be able to start working after you complete your quarantine (unless you’re exempt from quarantine).

Wiggy

Dec 16, 2020
Today also I check with them, they told that ours is inter company transfer... so you have come under exempt.
So that means you can’t catch or pass on Covid-19?
unless you fall into one of the few categories on the government website you will have to quarantine

itzraj

Star Member
Dec 15, 2020

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
i have booked tickets in Air Canada. Pleaes find the information shared in Air Canada
//
If you are connecting to an onward international destination, you are exempt from this requirement, as long as you remain in the secure terminal area.

Only certain travelers will be exempt from the arrival testing and mandatory hotel stay. For official details, please visit the Government of Canada’s travel assistance siteExternal site which may not meet accessibility guidelines..

//
Your links are based on current guidelines not the guidelines beginning on the 22nd.

Reactions: canuck78

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
True but it is highly unlikely that people will be able to avoid quarantine as easily as they think.
I agree that most expecting that students, WP holders, people reuniting with family will all be exempted. The word essential is confusing people. It isn't a policy only for people going on vacation. There have been multiple cases now where covid variants have spread through buildings very easily and there is genuine fear of the variants. Although most people are following the rules there are still many who are not. Canada has been pretty lax when it comes to quarantine enforcement up to this point.