+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Quarantine rules for immigrants

AkkiV

Star Member
Dec 3, 2017
Hi, I am planning to land in Canada as a permanent resident on 26th Feb. as per the latest information, non-essential travelers need to quarantine in hotel for 3 days. Will I need to do the same as I think my travel is not non essential? I did my short landing 3 years ago.

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi, I am planning to land in Canada as a permanent resident on 26th Feb. as per the latest information, non-essential travelers need to quarantine in hotel for 3 days. Will I need to do the same as I think my travel is not non essential? I did my short landing 3 years ago.
Hotel quarantine has not yet came into effect. You would need to check the developments in a daily basis.

Amrrox

Feb 10, 2021
Hi I’m traveling next day too, no quarantine at hotel is asked until now. Please let me know if you find out something new. Thank you and good luck!
(were you issued the COPR after March 2020 too ?)

Reactions: itzraj and AkkiV

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Your travel is considered non essential. There are very few examples where travel is essential. You should be prepared to pay if the quarantine hotels are finally up and running.

Reactions: AkkiV

AkkiV

Star Member
Dec 3, 2017
Hi I’m traveling next day too, no quarantine at hotel is asked until now. Please let me know if you find out something new. Thank you and good luck!
Yes, nothing decided yet, hope it remains this way. No, I obtained my COPR way back in 2017.

AkkiV

Star Member
Dec 3, 2017
Your travel is considered non essential. There are very few examples where travel is essential. You should be prepared to pay if the quarantine hotels are finally up and running.
Thank you. Yes, it is better to be prepared for the worst.

itzraj

Star Member
Dec 15, 2020

I am travelling on 02/25.. did you guys get any update about hotel quarentine

Amm2020

Apr 18, 2020
I will be travelling 2.26 from usa. I think hotel booking will be available from 2.18. I hope it wont cost me $2kcad.

itzraj

Star Member
Dec 15, 2020
I will be travelling 2.26 from usa. I think hotel booking will be available from 2.18. I hope it wont cost me $2kcad.
I already booked hotel near to airport only... is it applicable?

2000 CAD is for a family or one person?

Amm2020

Apr 18, 2020
I booked my hotel too near airport but what I have read it saying private hotel will be available starting 2.18 thursday to book for 3 days wait results. No information has posted yet so wait till thursday. Even though they say 2k cad cost no idea how much will it going to cost those 3 days expensive stay hotel just to wait for results. Cost will be include your foods, security, pickup from airport, testing and etc. 24hrs service.

Canada2020eh

Champion Member
Aug 2, 2019
I already booked hotel near to airport only... is it applicable?

2000 CAD is for a family or one person?
After Feb 22 your self booked hotel to quarantine is no good, You have to use one designated by the Federal gov't. As mentioned you can book starting on Feb 18. The estimated $2,000 is per person, has to be booked and paid in advance or you will not be allowed on the airplane.

tan412

Nov 14, 2018
Any idea until when this 3-day hotel quarantine is going to last. I received COPR last month and have plans to move by May. I did read earlier that it might be until 30th April but you never know.

Also, if I move and don't do a soft landing, I would have quit my job. There must be provisions for such cases such as people landing first time without a job in hand or facing a financial crunch. I also heard that students might get an exemption too. Any thoughts or information around this?

Wiggy

Dec 16, 2020
Any idea until when this 3-day hotel quarantine is going to last. I received COPR last month and have plans to move by May. I did read earlier that it might be until 30th April but you never know.

Also, if I move and don't do a soft landing, I would have quit my job. There must be provisions for such cases such as people landing first time without a job in hand or facing a financial crunch. I also heard that students might get an exemption too. Any thoughts or information around this?
until COVID is under control around the world probably. They are only trying to protect their population from further risk of the pandemic.