+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Quarantine rules for immigrants

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
There isn't a large airport close to Coutts where Canadians will fly in and cross the land border easily.
Is there a need to have a large airport close to Coutts? It's just an hour drive from Lethbridge, AB and there are many hotels there.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Is there a need to have a large airport close to Coutts? It's just an hour drive from Lethbridge, AB and there are many hotels there.
The comment was about people flying to a US airport and then coming through a land border. Coutts isn't Detroit, there isn't an easy way to land in the US and easy get to Canada by land to get home.

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
The comment was about people flying to a US airport and then coming through a land border. Coutts isn't Detroit, there isn't an easy way to land in the US and easy get to Canada by land to get home.
Buffalo is also an alternative. One could walk on foot across the rainbow bridge from the US to get home.

Btw, there are no US airport on the other side (Sweet Grass).

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Buffalo is also an alternative. One could walk on foot across the rainbow bridge from the US to get home.

Btw, there are no US airport on the other side (Sweet Grass).
I know there are no airports in the US if you tried to enter at Coutts which is what I said in my post.

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
I think they are using the term essential in 2 different ways. And that confused most people.
Some are allowed to enter because they are doing "essential travel" into Canada.

BUT They are not exempt from the 3 days hotel or the 14 days quaratine because they are not on the list to enter as "essential for CANADA".

Check the list online and read carefully. I think MOST people are NOT exempted if they travel via air.

Reactions: canuck78 and Wiggy

itzraj

Star Member
Dec 15, 2020
How to book the hotel? I call the below number but no response.

//Hotel stopover bookings are managed by American Express Global Business Travel and available by phone only. To book your mandatory 3-night hotel stopover, call 1-800-294-8253.//

Opearoba

Feb 19, 2021
Hello,

Please can anyone advise if a CoPR holder in 2021 require travel authorization to land in Canada?

Also, if there is an adequate quarantine plan in place considering the 3days mandatory quarantine in a government approved facility and the remaining 11days in an Airbnb at their final destination, will this concerned fellow have a seamless movement at the Port of Entry?

Finally, I heard some flights have been instructed to turn people (CoPR holders) back because of the travel restrictions in place. How true is this please?

Thank you.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hello,

Please can anyone advise if a CoPR holder in 2021 require travel authorization to land in Canada?

Also, if there is an adequate quarantine plan in place considering the 3days mandatory quarantine in a government approved facility and the remaining 11days in an Airbnb at their final destination, will this concerned fellow have a seamless movement at the Port of Entry?

Finally, I heard some flights have been instructed to turn people (CoPR holders) back because of the travel restrictions in place. How true is this please?

Thank you.
You need travel authorization in order to come to Canada - or you need to fall under an exemption (e.g. having an immediate family member such as a spouse who is in Canada).

Yes, you should assume that you will be refused boarding by the airline if you don't have written authorization from IRCC or don't fall under an exemption.

Individuals with COPRs issued after March 2000 are not allowed to travel to Canada at this time.

ITGuy4mDelhi

Apr 19, 2020
Finally booked the mandatory hotel

it took nearly 4 hours.
Hey. How much are they charging for a single person. Plus did they mention if a family of 2 with a child would mean that each one has to pay the cost separately or is it that the cost covers people quarantining together and its just that food cost etc are different.
I know you might not have gathered this much info, but just trying my luck if u got into any discussion.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hey. How much are they charging for a single person. Plus did they mention if a family of 2 with a child would mean that each one has to pay the cost separately or is it that the cost covers people quarantining together and its just that food cost etc are different.
I know you might not have gathered this much info, but just trying my luck if u got into any discussion.
It is per person although some hotels seem to be charging less for additional person if they are sharing a room.

Reactions: ITGuy4mDelhi

Opearoba

Feb 19, 2021
You need travel authorization in order to come to Canada - or you need to fall under an exemption (e.g. having an immediate family member such as a spouse who is in Canada).

Yes, you should assume that you will be refused boarding by the airline if you don't have written authorization from IRCC or don't fall under an exemption.

Individuals with COPRs issued after March 2000 are not allowed to travel to Canada at this time.

Thank you for your honest response. However, I am struggling to understand why PR visas with a short expiration date were issued to applicants in the first place since there are still travel restrictions in place.

Also, I happen to be on a WhatsApp group where applicants share their landing stories which includes being requested of a landing authorization at PoE but are eventually being allowed to go without the authorization.

The question now is does anyone know the timeline involved to get this landing authorization if it is requested?

Thank you