+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Procedural fairness letter, what to expect

Testy123

Star Member
Jan 6, 2019
Absolutely great news :):)

You can expect passport request soon
Hello Bryanna, I will really appreciate if my question can be looked into as I am really confused right now. My spouse applied for an open work permit in October 2018 with the help of an immigration lawyer and got PFL in Nov 2018, because he innocently didn't declare that he was refused a US visa, the same lawyer responded to the PFL. It's more than 5 months now, and we haven't heard any response from the immigration officer. We asked the lawyer and he said we have to keep waiting. Presently, I'm also expecting and we are really confused on what to do. Can my spouse conduct a CSE about the application? Can he state/ include evidence that I'm expecting, may be it can expidite the response? Or should he pay the lawyer to conduct case specific enquiry? I'm very sorry for coming under someond else's trend. I hope I get a response from any one that has useful information on cases like this. Thank you.

Testy123

Star Member
Jan 6, 2019
When did you actually stop working? Submitting multiple letters that say different end dates will make things worse, especially if you did not work until June 2018.
Hello there, I will really appreciate if my question can be looked into as I am really confused right now. My spouse applied for an open work permit in October 2018 with the help of an immigration lawyer and got PFL in Nov 2018, because he innocently didn't declare that he was refused a US visa, the same lawyer responded to the PFL. It's more than 5 months now, and we haven't heard any response from the immigration officer. We asked the lawyer and he said we have to keep waiting. Presently, I'm also expecting and we are really confused on what to do. Can my spouse conduct a CSE about the application? Can he state/ include evidence that I'm expecting, may be it can expidite the response? Or should he pay the lawyer to conduct case specific enquiry? I'm very sorry for coming under someond else's trend. I hope I get a response from any one that has useful information on cases like this. Thank you.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hello Bryanna, I will really appreciate if my question can be looked into as I am really confused right now. My spouse applied for an open work permit in October 2018 with the help of an immigration lawyer and got PFL in Nov 2018, because he innocently didn't declare that he was refused a US visa, the same lawyer responded to the PFL. It's more than 5 months now, and we haven't heard any response from the immigration officer. We asked the lawyer and he said we have to keep waiting. Presently, I'm also expecting and we are really confused on what to do. Can my spouse conduct a CSE about the application? Can he state/ include evidence that I'm expecting, may be it can expidite the response? Or should he pay the lawyer to conduct case specific enquiry? I'm very sorry for coming under someond else's trend. I hope I get a response from any one that has useful information on cases like this. Thank you.
You should request your case notes yourself to see where things stand with the application. Don't rely on the lawyer.

A pregnancy won't expedite the application. If anything, it may make it more difficult to get an approval.

Reactions: k.h.p.

Testy123

Star Member
Jan 6, 2019
Thank you for your prompt response. I don't mean to ask a stupid question, but I don't want to make more mistakes, what should the content of the note look like if you don't mind please?

Testy123

Star Member
Jan 6, 2019
Or do you think I don't need to write a brief letter to support my enquiry? And does it do any harm than good if I enquire?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Thank you for your prompt response. I don't mean to ask a stupid question, but I don't want to make more mistakes, what should the content of the note look like if you don't mind please?
The content varies from applicant to applicant. Once you receive the notes, you should copy and paste them here (with any personal information removed) and we'll be able to tell you exactly what the status of your application is. These notes will tell you if your application is still being reviewed and what the status is. If a decision has been made, the notes will also make it clear if a misrepresentation ban has been given.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Or do you think I don't need to write a brief letter to support my enquiry? And does it do any harm than good if I enquire?
No letter is required. That's not how it works. You simply submit a form requesting your notes.

Testy123

Star Member
Jan 6, 2019
The content varies from applicant to applicant. Once you receive the notes, you should copy and paste them here (with any personal information removed) and we'll be able to tell you exactly what the status of your application is. These notes will tell you if your application is still being reviewed and what the status is. If a decision has been made, the notes will also make it clear if a misrepresentation ban has been given.
Okay, is it the same thing as Case Specific Enquiry? Or can you share the link of the form with me please???

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010

Testy123

Star Member
Jan 6, 2019
Because the lawyer said he can make a case specific enquiry for my spouse, adding the pregnancy informations and request for urgent processing and of course we are going to pay him for that service.

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
A case specific inquiry is you sending IRCC a message. Requesting GCMS notes is you filing an Access to Information Act request to get the visa officer's notes on your file.

Testy123

Star Member
Jan 6, 2019
A case specific inquiry is you sending IRCC a message. Requesting GCMS notes is you filing an Access to Information Act request to get the visa officer's notes on your file.
Okay, thank you. So which one is the best in my situation? Or can I use either of the 2 means to enquire?