+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Procedural fairness letter, what to expect

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
I emailed the abu dhabi office today, lets see how long it takes for them to reply. i hope not too long. it would be funny if the status is updated on the website before their reply :)
thanks Bryanna
Okay. Do keep us posted.

Hope you get a positive decision/approval

llawa

Jun 22, 2018
I got a response from them. Their response states to make a case specific enquiry online. Does anyone know how long it takes to hear back if you make a case specific enquiry? If it takes over a month then I might as well order the GCMS notes

llawa

Jun 22, 2018
Hey Bryanna,

If I order GCMS notes, will I only get info related to the current application or past applications as well. If current application only, how can I request GCMS notes to include notes for the past refused applications.

thanks

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Hey Bryanna,

If I order GCMS notes, will I only get info related to the current application or past applications as well. If current application only, how can I request GCMS notes to include notes for the past refused applications.

thanks
Your GCMS notes will be for the application that you have sought information. You can request these notes for the current application in-process or the previous applications.

That said, it is possible that some pages of the GCMS notes might not be released to you if IRCC believes it should not be made available.

It would be a good idea to send the IRCC web form to your visa office as advised by IRCC

llawa

Jun 22, 2018
Your GCMS notes will be for the application that you have sought information. You can request these notes for the current application in-process or the previous applications.

That said, it is possible that some pages of the GCMS notes might not be released to you if IRCC believes it should not be made available.

It would be a good idea to send the IRCC web form to your visa office as advised by IRCC
I did send the IRCC web form last week when they requested it. Do you have any idea how long it takes to hear back. They did say about 28 days. Wondering if they respond sooner than that...

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
I did send the IRCC web form last week when they requested it. Do you have any idea how long it takes to hear back. They did say about 28 days. Wondering if they respond sooner than that...
It's difficult to say especially for a response to a PFL case

llawa

Jun 22, 2018
Hi Bryanna,

This morning we got request for medical. below i pasted what the processing status looks like. Do you think their application will now be approved. curious what you are thoughts are on this. thanks

Review of eligibility: We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.
Review of medical results: We have requested a medical exam.
Review of additional documents : We do not need additional documents.
Interview: You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes
Biometrics: We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes
Background: We are processing your background check.
Final decision: Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.Help -

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Hi Bryanna,

This morning we got request for medical. below i pasted what the processing status looks like. Do you think their application will now be approved. curious what you are thoughts are on this. thanks

Review of eligibility: We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.
Review of medical results: We have requested a medical exam.
Review of additional documents : We do not need additional documents.
Interview: You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes
Biometrics: We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes
Background: We are processing your background check.
Final decision: Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.Help -
Besides the medicals, was the timeline like this earlier too when you got the PFL?

Did you get the request for medicals?

llawa

Jun 22, 2018
Besides the medicals, was the timeline like this earlier too when you got the PFL?

Did you get the request for medicals?
Except the background check, the time line was like this. As soon as we submitted the response to the PFL, the background check was initiated.

Yes, we did receive the documents to get a medical for both my FIL and MIL.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Except the background check, the time line was like this. As soon as we submitted the response to the PFL, the background check was initiated.

Yes, we did receive the documents to get a medical for both my FIL and MIL.
In that case, fingers crossed..... their applications are on the right track

llawa

Jun 22, 2018
I remember reading about a case on the board that an application was refused after the medical for misrepresentation (for not declaring a previous visa refusal). It would be waste of time and money if this is what they plan to do here.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
I remember reading about a case on the board that an application was refused after the medical for misrepresentation (for not declaring a previous visa refusal). It would be waste of time and money if this is what they plan to do here.
I don't think so