Procedural fairness letter, what to expect

Wonderland_1010

Champion Member
Aug 24, 2015
Regina, SK
Category........
PNP
Hi Brynna,

I replied to your message that they did withheld this piece of info in their previous applications. Does this mean that their previous apps could have been rejected because of this?
My in laws are under the impression that this letter means that if we send IRCc the related documents and state that we weren't aware of the question..the Visa will be granted.
That excuse has been used so many times by other applicants. IRCC will not give your in laws leniency because applicants are responsible for the accuracy of information and submission of documents. They will definitely go back to the previous applications to compare whether they have declare the past refusals and deportation.

It doesn't look good and a 5 years ban could be the most possible result as of now.

Reactions: llawa

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Hi Brynna,

I replied to your message that they did withheld this piece of info in their previous applications. Does this mean that their previous apps could have been rejected because of this?
My in laws are under the impression that this letter means that if we send IRCc the related documents and state that we weren't aware of the question..the Visa will be granted.
Your in-laws had not declared the US deportation for four consecutive Canada visa applications. Although IRCC does not condone such oversight for even a single application, your in-laws ignored the good advice given by you to declare the US deportation. They will now have to pay a huge price for their mistakes.

Their previous TRV applications were not refused for non-declaration of the US deportation. IRCC would have likely banned them if it was discovered for their first applications.

Your in-laws cannot take the 'I did not see this visa refusal question' approach. It will not work.

No, their super visas will not be granted. At best they can expect another visa refusal (super visas) but because they concealed the US deportation (intentionally or unintentionally), they will most likely be banned.

This misrepresentation ban will severely affect their chances of getting visas to other visa-required countries

Reactions: llawa

llawa

Jun 22, 2018
Thanks Bryanna and wonderland (and everyone else) for your help. The deadline for the reply to the letter was Jan 25th. The letter stated to respond to the embassy via the address provided at the top of the letter page. but there was no address stated at the top of the page. They did provide the Abu Dhabi embassy address plus their email id. We submitted the response via email. However, going through old posts, I noticed that the reply could be uploaded online as well. Which I did a little while ago (past the deadline). Will there be a problem with this, or the email reply (which stated the UCI number and the application number and was submitted before the deadline) be accepted?

Also one more quick question. My father in law and mother in law both applied. My father in law was the principle applicant and he is the one that received the procedural fairness letter. If the visa is refused, will both of them be refused, or mil still has a chance?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Thanks Bryanna and wonderland (and everyone else) for your help. The deadline for the reply to the letter was Jan 25th. The letter stated to respond to the embassy via the address provided at the top of the letter page. but there was no address stated at the top of the page. They did provide the Abu Dhabi embassy address plus their email id. We submitted the response via email. However, going through old posts, I noticed that the reply could be uploaded online as well. Which I did a little while ago (past the deadline). Will there be a problem with this, or the email reply (which stated the UCI number and the application number and was submitted before the deadline) be accepted?

Also one more quick question. My father in law and mother in law both applied. My father in law was the principle applicant and he is the one that received the procedural fairness letter. If the visa is refused, will both of them be refused, or mil still has a chance?
Both will be refused.

llawa

Jun 22, 2018
Bryanna, could you please shed some light on the below question I asked earlier.

"The deadline for the reply to the letter was Jan 25th. The letter stated to respond to the embassy via the address provided at the top of the letter page. but there was no address stated at the top of the page. They did provide the Abu Dhabi embassy address plus their email id. We submitted the response via email. However, going through old posts, I noticed that the reply could be uploaded online as well. Which I did a little while ago (past the deadline). Will there be a problem with this, or the email reply (which stated the UCI number and the application number and was submitted before the deadline) be accepted?"

this morning there was a request for medical insurance documents, which we had submitted in the original file. I resubmitted them online. I am assuming this means they have a chance still.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Bryanna, could you please shed some light on the below question I asked earlier.

"The deadline for the reply to the letter was Jan 25th. The letter stated to respond to the embassy via the address provided at the top of the letter page. but there was no address stated at the top of the page. They did provide the Abu Dhabi embassy address plus their email id. We submitted the response via email. However, going through old posts, I noticed that the reply could be uploaded online as well. Which I did a little while ago (past the deadline). Will there be a problem with this, or the email reply (which stated the UCI number and the application number and was submitted before the deadline) be accepted?"
Actually, the reply to the Procedural Fairness letter should have been uploaded through the online account. It's good that you emailed it to the visa office as well because that went on record first. It's not a problem that you uploaded it a couple of days beyond the deadline.

this morning there was a request for medical insurance documents, which we had submitted in the original file. I resubmitted them online. I am assuming this means they have a chance still.
That's good. Hopefully they have a chance although your mom-in-law might have higher chances than your dad-in-law. But, do hope for the best

llawa

Jun 22, 2018
Actually, the reply to the Procedural Fairness letter should have been uploaded through the online account. It's good that you emailed it to the visa office as well because that went on record first. It's not a problem that you uploaded it a couple of days beyond the deadline.

That's good. Hopefully they have a chance although your mom-in-law might have higher chances than your dad-in-law. But, do hope for the best
I will update you when we hear back on a decision. It might aid you in helping others here. It is weird that the medical insurance documents were submitted in the original application and they requested them again. so that's why I assumed that their file might have passed the procedural fairness stage.

roadrunner21

Dec 8, 2017
How long did it take for you to receive the reply after you submitted your response to your PF. We have passed the 28 working days processing times until now we haven't receive any reply from CIC.

llawa

Jun 22, 2018
How long did it take for you to receive the reply after you submitted your response to your PF. We have passed the 28 working days processing times until now we haven't receive any reply from CIC.
Hi Roadrunner,

sorry for the late reply. we replied before january 25th, and we still have not heard back. I was reading previous posts, once you get a PFL, the processing time does not follow the regular processing time schedule. We are hoping we will find out by end of April hopefully.

roadrunner21

Dec 8, 2017
We submitted ours 9th of January and I was expecting the 28 working days would end on Feb 15th. I asked my consultant to make a follow up but it seems they didn't do so. I am on implied status now because of the delay.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
We submitted ours 9th of January and I was expecting the 28 working days would end on Feb 15th. I asked my consultant to make a follow up but it seems they didn't do so. I am on implied status now because of the delay.
There is no delay. The standard timelines do not apply to PFL cases.

Have you tried contacting the IRCC call centre. They might be able to tell you the current status of your application. Hope you are aware that PFLs are a serious matter and the pre-step to being banned for misrepresentation

Reactions: k.h.p. and scylla

llawa

Jun 22, 2018
I thought the only we could inquire about the application status was through GCM notes...or is this specific to roadrunner's case?

There is no delay. The standard timelines do not apply to PFL cases.

Have you tried contacting the IRCC call centre. They might be able to tell you the current status of your application. Hope you are aware that PFLs are a serious matter and the pre-step to being banned for misrepresentation

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
I thought the only we could inquire about the application status was through GCM notes...or is this specific to roadrunner's case?
If a final decision has been made then you would know it either through a communication from the visa office or GCMS notes.

You could email your visa office to ask about the final decision

llawa

Jun 22, 2018
If a final decision has been made then you would know it either through a communication from the visa office or GCMS notes.

You could email your visa office to ask about the final decision
I emailed the abu dhabi office today, lets see how long it takes for them to reply. i hope not too long. it would be funny if the status is updated on the website before their reply :)
thanks Bryanna