+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Procedural fairness letter, what to expect

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
No.

@scylla suggested that you get the GCMS notes for your file to see what's going on with it. You will not get that information from a CSE.

You need to file an ATIP request to get the visa officer's notes on your file since you are not sure what your lawyer has done with it and you need to see the visa officer's notes to understand if they have made any comments about the PFL and misrepresentation issue.

A CSE will not give you those notes, nor tell you what the visa officer noted about your lawyer's response.

Reactions: EE12345 and scylla

Testy123

Star Member
Jan 6, 2019
No.

@scylla suggested that you get the GCMS notes for your file to see what's going on with it. You will not get that information from a CSE.

You need to file an ATIP request to get the visa officer's notes on your file since you are not sure what your lawyer has done with it and you need to see the visa officer's notes to understand if they have made any comments about the PFL and misrepresentation issue.

A CSE will not give you those notes, nor tell you what the visa officer noted about your lawyer's response.
Okay, I get. But what if the officer hasn't made any decision yet? Will GCMS note be helpful in any way?

Reactions: Immigration_guru

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
It's been five months. If there are notes in the file about the misrepresentation for not declaring a US refusal, you will not get them via CSE. A CSE will not prompt the officer into making a decision.

Reactions: Immigration_guru

Testy123

Star Member
Jan 6, 2019
It's been five months. If there are notes in the file about the misrepresentation for not declaring a US refusal, you will not get them via CSE. A CSE will not prompt the officer into making a decision.
Okay, so we literally have to keep waiting. We will fill out the ATIP form and keep waiting. Thank you so much! Will sure keep you posted

Jss592

Star Member
Dec 16, 2018
Okay, I get. But what if the officer hasn't made any decision yet? Will GCMS note be helpful in any way?
Notes are the best mean to know what is going on i feel. CSE give half information and call never gets connected lol

Testy123

Star Member
Jan 6, 2019
Notes are the best mean to know what is going on i feel. CSE give half information and call never gets connected lol
Okay. I just think in cases where the officer hasn't made any decision or abandoned the application for whatever reason, ATIP won't necessarily do anything either. My application was also delayed, although I didn't get a PFL like my spouse, however I sent an email directly to the officer quoting my application number on Tuesday and I got an approval response that same week on Thursday. Which I believe ATIP won't probably have given me that result. Although, I stand to be corrected.

Immigration_guru

Champion Member
Apr 26, 2019
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Okay. What is the difference between gcms notes and case specific enquiry?
CSE will just give you a small view of your profile, where as GCMS will give you the details.
GCMS is a system in which IRCC has to record all the steps which they are taking on an application. Even if you order the notes that will be mentioned in the gcms notes. So it gives you a detail description. The officer has to refer to the Law under which he is stating a statement in the notes

Reactions: scylla

Testy123

Star Member
Jan 6, 2019
CSE will just give you a small view of your profile, where as GCMS will give you the details.
GCMS is a system in which IRCC has to record all the steps which they are taking on an application. Even if you order the notes that will be mentioned in the gcms notes. So it gives you a detail description. The officer has to refer to the Law under which he is stating a statement in the notes
Okay. Thank you for your response

afsheen khan

Star Member
Feb 1, 2019
Hi dear friend
I got second procedural fairness letter from cic immigration.
I need help. In that letter they didn't mention the time frame such as 30 days 90 days there is nothing at all.
What should I do now can any one have been gone through such situation thank you

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi dear friend
I got second procedural fairness letter from cic immigration.
I need help. In that letter they didn't mention the time frame such as 30 days 90 days there is nothing at all.
What should I do now can any one have been gone through such situation thank you
We can't help you unless you post the full procedural fairness letter so that we can see what it says.

afsheen khan

Star Member
Feb 1, 2019
I forgot to sign in one documents and just realized that I didn't sign that I'm really worried. I want to insert that procedural fairness letter here but I don't know how to insert it.
Thank you

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I forgot to sign in one documents and just realized that I didn't sign that I'm really worried. I want to insert that procedural fairness letter here but I don't know how to insert it.
Thank you
You need to copy and paste the text or retype it.