+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Procedural fairness letter, what to expect

Jets13

Dec 12, 2016
I did it by myself and I sincerely didn’t know. All I thought of was my first rejected application
You can only hope they just refuse you and not ban you. The situation is they cannot tell if it was an honest mistake or done on purpose. There is not way to find out which scenario it was.
Scenario A) made honest mistake, got caught and now will answer back explaining it was ignorance.
Scenario B) purposely withheld information in hopes it would increase chances, got caught and now will answer it was honest mistake.

How could they tell what happened? They really cant so often even honest mistakes get 5 year ban.

Ifisco

Nov 20, 2019
You can only hope they just refuse you and not ban you. The situation is they cannot tell if it was an honest mistake or done on purpose. There is not way to find out which scenario it was.
Scenario A) made honest mistake, got caught and now will answer back explaining it was ignorance.
Scenario B) purposely withheld information in hopes it would increase chances, got caught and now will answer it was honest mistake.

How could they tell what happened? They really cant so often even honest mistakes get 5 year ban.
thank you for your contribution .
I will keep my hopes alive

Harry 1906

Nov 5, 2019
Hi All,
Need some advice here...
I applied for spouse open work permit which was refused due to lack of one document on 25/11/19...I reapplied for same with the missing document on 26/11/19 however while re filling the imm 1295 form for the question have u been refused visa or permit to Canada or any other country or territory i marked no instead of yes by mistake and submitted my application. however i realised my mistake with a couple of hours and send a web form to New Delhi visa office and next day upon speaking with the visa office sent them a email as well as instructed by them....kindly advice if i will have any issues...

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi All,
Need some advice here...
I applied for spouse open work permit which was refused due to lack of one document on 25/11/19...I reapplied for same with the missing document on 26/11/19 however while re filling the imm 1295 form for the question have u been refused visa or permit to Canada or any other country or territory i marked no instead of yes by mistake and submitted my application. however i realised my mistake with a couple of hours and send a web form to New Delhi visa office and next day upon speaking with the visa office sent them a email as well as instructed by them....kindly advice if i will have any issues...
No you should be fine.

Muhammad Shoaib

Aug 11, 2015
Pakistan
Category........
Visa Office......
London Visa Office
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11 June 2014
Doc's Request.
25 August 2015
Nomination.....
23 June 2014
AOR Received.
16 October 2014
IELTS Request
Submitted with file
File Transfer...
21 October 2014
Med's Request
13 October 2015 for PA/ 8 January 2016 for Spouse
Med's Done....
28 October 2015 for PA/ 27 January 2016 for Spouse
Interview........
9 October 2015
Passport Req..
15 February 2016
VISA ISSUED...
Very Soon
LANDED..........
April 2016
Hello, I am in the same boat and I was filling the information for my MIL and I knew she was refused for visitor visa in January and thats what I mentioned only and then when I got the PFL, I asked them and she told me she applied for US visa in 2019 as well and was refused.

Can you please share your letter or a template that I can use to write the explanation letter. That would be great help.

Thanks

Jets13

Dec 12, 2016
Hello, I am in the same boat and I was filling the information for my MIL and I knew she was refused for visitor visa in January and thats what I mentioned only and then when I got the PFL, I asked them and she told me she applied for US visa in 2019 as well and was refused.

Can you please share your letter or a template that I can use to write the explanation letter. That would be great help.

Thanks
that's unfortunate, why didn't you ask her about all visas before filling it out? You can really just tell the truth as to what happened and hope they accept it. The fact you mentioned the Canadian refusal might work in your favor. Otherwise could be 5 years before she is allowed to come.
Also I echo what someone wrote in the other thread, you do not want to mention that she was coming to help take care of your kid.

Muhammad Shoaib

Aug 11, 2015
Pakistan
Category........
Visa Office......
London Visa Office
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11 June 2014
Doc's Request.
25 August 2015
Nomination.....
23 June 2014
AOR Received.
16 October 2014
IELTS Request
Submitted with file
File Transfer...
21 October 2014
Med's Request
13 October 2015 for PA/ 8 January 2016 for Spouse
Med's Done....
28 October 2015 for PA/ 27 January 2016 for Spouse
Interview........
9 October 2015
Passport Req..
15 February 2016
VISA ISSUED...
Very Soon
LANDED..........
April 2016
Thanks everyone. I have the draft response created.

Should I upload the updated visa form listing the refusals as well or just my response?

shiv22

Jan 28, 2020
Hey

The same thing happen to me back in 2016. I applied for visitor visa and forgot to mention about USA refusal. However I sent them a letter stating it was honest mistake and i didn't meant to do any cheating. And after 1 month i got the approval.
So its better if you can just right a good letter and explain your self.
I am struggling with the same case. I replied via email and state my point. Then, after a week, I got Visitor Acknowledgement letter from embassy which states that "your application is proceeding normally". Now, its been 18 days I havent hear anything.

Edris_Usaf

Feb 24, 2020
Hi All,
i got PFL today..in the past i got Canadian Business which is expired .now i applied again but today they sent PFL and said , i deliberately tried to mislead the visa office to hide Australian Visa refusal.
i applied Australia visa in 2003 and didn't remember because in 2013 i got Australian Visa which i used in 2014.. after that i applied Canadian visa and got approval , even that time i didnt mentioned about my Australian visa refusal of 2003.. i thought as i have obtained after it and also it was long time before.also i didnt had any stamp or reference on my passport from Australian Embassy so it was hard to remember. i wrote letter with this explanation and also attached Australian Visa Grant letter .. please advise.. what are the chances.. consider i have very strong travel history.. having 2 USA visas. which is valid until 2025 also.. dozen of Schengen and other Countries visas also.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi All,
i got PFL today..in the past i got Canadian Business which is expired .now i applied again but today they sent PFL and said , i deliberately tried to mislead the visa office to hide Australian Visa refusal.
i applied Australia visa in 2003 and didn't remember because in 2013 i got Australian Visa which i used in 2014.. after that i applied Canadian visa and got approval , even that time i didnt mentioned about my Australian visa refusal of 2003.. i thought as i have obtained after it and also it was long time before.also i didnt had any stamp or reference on my passport from Australian Embassy so it was hard to remember. i wrote letter with this explanation and also attached Australian Visa Grant letter .. please advise.. what are the chances.. consider i have very strong travel history.. having 2 USA visas. which is valid until 2025 also.. dozen of Schengen and other Countries visas also.
You will have to respond and hope that you justget refused and not a ban.

Reactions: Edris_Usaf

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
It's hard to say. Most people who get a PFL like this are rejected because there was misrepresentation; a good response to a PFL may avoid being banned for five years.

Edris_Usaf

Feb 24, 2020
You will have to respond and hope that you justget refused and not a ban.
Thanks for the reply but this is confirm that i will get refusal.. because i applied 17 years ago and i didnt remember.. also i got Visa from Australia.. also i did same application for my previous canadian visa and got it.. than why this time?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Thanks for the reply but this is confirm that i will get refusal.. because i applied 17 years ago and i didnt remember.. also i got Visa from Australia.. also i did same application for my previous canadian visa and got it.. than why this time?
Nobody can confirm anything. If you just get refused that would be a good thing. Nothing you can do but explain that it was a long time ago so you forgot.