September 16, 2015
AOR Received.
January 11, 2016
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
August 23, 2016 - OTTAWA
Med's Request
June 30, 2016 (but I did upfront prior - June 21)
Med's Done....
June 21, 2016
Passport Req..
December 15, 2016
LANDED..........
22-12-2012 - INLAND
hello everyone, I was reading and following this thread and I did not read (or maybe I skipped some unknowingly) anything about RPRF (Rights of permanent residence fee) before you get DM or PPR have you paid the rights of permanent fee? or its not required nowadays?

I am sponsoring my sister (an orphaned/minor)
application submitted Oct 2017 (sponsor approval)
Pre-arrival services email - May 10, 2018,
Medical request and Passed- May 14, 2018.

below is the what status look like :

Interview -
You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.

Biometrics - We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes.
If we need your biometrics, we will send you a message in your account telling you how to submit biometrics.

Review of medical results - You passed the medical exam.

Background check - Not applicable.

Final decision Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

Ricmeanimor

Jun 4, 2018
I know most of you are eager to get PPR, and I don't blame you, I was just as anxious or maybe more when awaiting PPR :) but don't forget to actually sign up for pre-arrival services!

At a recent meeting with IRCC (CIC) and other pre-arrival services we noted that many people just focus on waiting for PPR and disregard the pre-arrival part. It is proven that arriving prepared makes a huge difference when it comes to settling more easily, experiencing less culture shock, integrating better into the community, and finding a job more easily. That's why the government is funding these services. If you're coming to Manitoba, the Immigrant Centre Pre-Arrival Centre can help. For other provinces, I can recommend pre-arrival services in your city :) if you speak French, Spanish, Chinese or Tagalog, I can recommend services in your language too.
Hi..I sponsor my daughter back in the Phils. which is turning 18 yrs old this coming August 2018, We received the free pre-arrival services last april 2018, is it really need to sign up the pre-arrival and Why? even She still minor? Thanks!

Reactions: permafrost_can

Ricmeanimor

Jun 4, 2018
My husband (the principal applicant) emailed the visa office on Monday just to ask if there was any movement in his application for permanent residency. No answer yet.

We are with Manila Visa office since my husband is Pinoy :)

I may have more luck emailing them myself. Since i had emailed them in December to update my address and in their response they stated the application was already in queue to be reviewed by the officer. But that was 2 months ago.
Hi kabayan..have a nice day to you! Can I ask an email address to visa office so I can ask status of my daughter application please and thank you..

Ricmeanimor

Jun 4, 2018
Hi everyone,

I'm sponsoring my two year old son. He is here with me in Canada as a visitor.

Our VO is in Manila, and we received or prearrival letter Dec 7, 2017. And we have not heard anything from them since then.

Hearing others get their PPR in 1-2 months, I feel like our application is taking forever, especially since there is no interview or background check to be done.
Hello Ab80s..just like my daughter We received the pre-arrival letter on April 2018 and its gonna be 2 months this coming June 13 and still waiting for the confirmation for PR..

Ricmeanimor

Jun 4, 2018
I don't know if you are at the end of the process. It is definitely a good sign, but right now everybody is experiencing long delays, both at the start, middle and end of the process (and also those applying for citizenship, for refugee status, etc).

For Ontario I definitely recommend In-Tac www.in-tac.ca and YMCA-YWCA. For employment check out ACCESS employment. Please let them know you were referred by the Immigrant Centre Pre-Arrival Centre (that's me :) ), that will help you, and will let them know how you found out about them.
Hi @permafrost_can just a quick question about my daughter application status back in the Philippines. I sponsor Her and received pre-arrival services last April 13, 2018
Question: Do We need to go and sign up the link that was sent to us by VO? if so, how and do we need a referral from anybody like what I read in your message above.. Even my daughter is a minor? By the way Shes turning 18 this coming August 2018..

Thanks!

Reactions: permafrost_can

permafrost_can

Nov 16, 2017
Category........
Hi @permafrost_can just a quick question about my daughter application status back in the Philippines. I sponsor Her and received pre-arrival services last April 13, 2018
Question: Do We need to go and sign up the link that was sent to us by VO? if so, how and do we need a referral from anybody like what I read in your message above.. Even my daughter is a minor? By the way Shes turning 18 this coming August 2018..

Thanks!
Hello @Ricmeanimor ! Thank you for your question. You can use that link to find all the available pre-arrival services, and you can also click on this one (it may be the same link): http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/newcomers/before-services.asp

It is fine if she is a minor, she could still benefit from pre-arrival services. I wouldn't recommend signing up for the employment ones unless she expects to work right after arriving. If she will go to school, settlement pre-arrival services have specialized information including some pieces of info that you or your family might not have, including school enrollment to finish high school, educational options for post-secondary school (university and college), how to start her enrolling process, the documents that she should send right away if she wishes to go to school in September, deadlines, etc. and also general information about hobbies, sports and cultural activities.

It is definitely up to her and her family if she wishes to enroll, it is not mandatory, and it is not linked to the processing of her application. I would see it this way: it's free and it's online, so she doesn't have to pay, or do any extra effort or attend any sessions. If the information is not useful, she didn't lose anything (money, time, etc) and if the information is useful, it will help her integrate better, which is what all of us immigrants would like in the end :)

Cheryllove

Star Member
Oct 22, 2017
Port Alice, British Columbia
Category........
FAM
I can't answer to your specific case, only IRCC can do that. Among our clients, we have seen that most (not all) people who get the pre-arrival letter are in the last stage of their application. Some get PPR within a few weeks, some wait a few months.

If you are unable to get an appointment within the timeframe given, you should contact them right away to explain your situation.
I have not heard of pre-arrival letter until this thread.... my app was received on February 8 and they are processing everything now..... does everyone Outland supposed to get one?? Passed medical and they have been processing BGC for a month now.....

permafrost_can

Nov 16, 2017
Category........
I have not heard of pre-arrival letter until this thread.... my app was received on February 8 and they are processing everything now..... does everyone Outland supposed to get one?? Passed medical and they have been processing BGC for a month now.....
Yes, everyone gets one. And you may even be able to sign up for some pre-arrival services before you get the letter. I could suggest some based on where you are heading to and what you would like to know (settlement, employment, etc)

Reactions: Cheryllove

Cheryllove

Star Member
Oct 22, 2017
Category........
FAM
Yes, everyone gets one. And you may even be able to sign up for some pre-arrival services before you get the letter. I could suggest some based on where you are heading to and what you would like to know (settlement, employment, etc)
Thanks!! I’m 63 today and retired.... so is my husband up there...but I’m sure I could use the help the services provide!

permafrost_can

Nov 16, 2017
Category........
Thanks!! I’m 63 today and retired.... so is my husband up there...but I’m sure I could use the help the services provide!
Happy birthday! Then you could use having someone who can tell you about old age pension (everyone gets it regardless of whether you worked here) and other benefits provided to residents over 55. To which province are you going?

Cheryllove

Star Member
Oct 22, 2017
Category........
FAM
Happy birthday! Then you could use having someone who can tell you about old age pension (everyone gets it regardless of whether you worked here) and other benefits provided to residents over 55. To which province are you going?
British Columbia Buying a home in Port Alice on Vancouver Island.... And YES I sure could use some tips!! My husband is 66 so already drawing his Pensions

Jemnay

Feb 19, 2018
Kidapawan
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Manila
App. Filed.......
07-12-2017
Doc's Request.
01-02-2018
AOR Received.
31-01-2018
File Transfer...
01-03-2018
Med's Request
17-02-2018
Med's Done....
15-03-2018
Passport Req..
04-09-2018
LANDED..........
02-10-2018

permafrost_can

Nov 16, 2017
Category........
British Columbia Buying a home in Port Alice on Vancouver Island.... And YES I sure could use some tips!! My husband is 66 so already drawing his Pensions
For pre-arrival services, I suggest contacting AEIP https://aeipsuccess.ca/ and maybe Planning for Canada also have info about BC https://www.planningforcanada.ca/ . If they ask how you found out about them, you can reference the organization I work for (Immigrant Centre Pre-Arrival Centre).

I also encourage you to check out these resources once you are in BC:

https://www.welcomebc.ca/Start-Your-Life-in-B-C/Daily-Life
https://www.welcomebc.ca/getmedia/74e159ee-883f-438f-b00a-27fa577ff63c/BC-Newcomers-Guide-English.aspx
https://www.welcomebc.ca/Start-Your-Life-in-B-C/Services-and-Support/For-Permanent-Residents-and-Naturalized-Citizens

If you need help once you are there, I didn't find anything/near Port Alice but there are a few settlement service providers in the island, in case you're ever on the south side of Vancouver Island:

http://prepsociety.org/PRIS/
http://www.icavictoria.org/
http://cis-iwc.org/
http://www.vircs.bc.ca/

And in terms of benefits for people over 55, here is a website where you can find all the ones for which you may be eligible:

http://www.canadabenefits.gc.ca/f.1.2c.6.3z.1rdq.5.2st.3.4ns@.jsp?lang=en

Wish you all the best with your application! I'm jealous, life in Vancouver Island is amazing!