Pre-Arrival Services Email Timeline

Cheryllove

Star Member
Oct 22, 2017
Port Alice, British Columbia
Category........
FAM
British Columbia Buying a home in Port Alice on Vancouver Island
Thank you so much!! I’ll check these out now! It was a difficult decision we made to reside in Canada instead of the US. We both love our countries and actually considered retiring abroad briefly. My daughter lives in Washington state so BC is a logical choice. David is helping me a lot in getting to know some things but I know it’s going to be a cultural shock even tho our two countries are so much alike! Now we just wait and pray a decision is made soon so we can finally be together! I miss my husband and best friend!!

permafrost_can

Nov 16, 2017
Category........
Thank you so much!! I’ll check these out now! It was a difficult decision we made to reside in Canada instead of the US. We both love our countries and actually considered retiring abroad briefly. My daughter lives in Washington state so BC is a logical choice. David is helping me a lot in getting to know some things but I know it’s going to be a cultural shock even tho our two countries are so much alike! Now we just wait and pray a decision is made soon so we can finally be together! I miss my husband and best friend!!
I definitely know how you feel. Luckily you will be very close to Washington State! The culture in Vancouver Island is very easy-going, very connected to nature and the land, people care a lot about the environment and love the outdoors. Wish you all the best :)

Reactions: Cheryllove

Cheryllove

Star Member
Oct 22, 2017
Port Alice, British Columbia
Category........
FAM
I definitely know how you feel. Luckily you will be very close to Washington State! The culture in Vancouver Island is very easy-going, very connected to nature and the land, people care a lot about the environment and love the outdoors. Wish you all the best :)
Thanks! As an Environmentalist and a Wildlife Major I know I will feel right at home there!!

Reactions: permafrost_can

Ab80s

Dec 9, 2017
Hi @Ab80s - dont let that worry you. Many people hit the 3 month mark or more.

In our case, we got pre arrival on Jan 9th and PPR on March 5. On the visa stamped in his passport it said it was issued on Feb 28th. So it could be that the file is just sitting in a pile waiting to be processed. All the best and keep us updated!
Hi everyone, my childs sponsorship application has been updated so wanted to share my timeline with you all. It was a long 6 months since getting that pre-arrival invite!

Application received: July 17, 2017
Linked account online: August 26, 2017
Sponsor eligibility requirements met: August 29, 2017
Medical exam request: September 1, 2017
Application forwarded to VO in Manila: September 12, 2017
Request for a copy of my husband's passport: October 20, 2017
Invitation to Pre-arrival Services: December 7, 2017
Request For Passport: June 26, 2018

Reactions: arimame

arimame

Aug 31, 2017
Japan
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Manila
App. Filed.......
21-08-2017
AOR Received.
07-10-2017
Med's Request
17-10-2017
Hi everyone, my childs sponsorship application has been updated so wanted to share my timeline with you all. It was a long 6 months since getting that pre-arrival invite!

Yay! That is awesome. Congrats!

JM22

Nov 19, 2017

hi Ab80s! Congrats! Bwt, i'd like to know if you noticed any changes on your eCas before you get a passport request.. Like in your background check..

I'm a september applicant and i got pre arrival invitation in february 2018.

Thanks in advance. :)

Ab80s

Dec 9, 2017
hi Ab80s! Congrats! Bwt, i'd like to know if you noticed any changes on your eCas before you get a passport request.. Like in your background check..

I'm a september applicant and i got pre arrival invitation in february 2018.

Thanks in advance. :)
Hi JM22! I am sponsoring my 3 year old so he does not require a background check so we got to skip filling out Schedule A and all that stuff. I didn't notice any changes to our GCkey online status even after we got our PPR. The letter for Request for Passport was sent via email directly from the VO in Manila.

Hope this helps. And good luck to us both!!

Reactions: JM22

angiiee

Jun 26, 2018
Hi i just registered one of the pre arrival services, and i am confused if this is not a scam or phishing. I would like you to know that i just chose AEIP services. I was wondering because my settlement practitioner is from Taipei. I wonder why not from Canada?, they have email for me, if what would be i prefer like calls or thru emails, and i feel like not to continue the services but just got registered, Anyone can give me some idea?

TPeAcE

Mar 11, 2018
Hello,

I've been searching all around the forums to find an average time frame about this letter.

Can anyone who received the pre-arrival services email just add the date they received the letter - and any updates since?

I will start:
Received the letter: Jan 9, 2018
Updates: none yet.

In addition, @permafrost_can has been so helpful as they work in the offices that provide this service, and mentioned the rough timeline between getting the letter and any further correspondence ranges from a week to a month. I also know there are some anomalies where people have been waiting for an update for months. I'd just like to get an idea of everyone's experiences.

Thanks so much!
SAME HERE
Received the letter: Jan 8, 2018
Updates: none yet.
:(

angiiee

Jun 26, 2018
ops. i think you should call them because it's been 5 months now? You should call, are you in Philippines?

angiiee

Jun 26, 2018
Hello, I just registered one of the pre arrival services, I chose AEIP, is it ok and it wouldn't matter if i don't want to continue with it? I just received an email if what i prefer for, if it's like calls or emails. I didn't replied yet, Because I plan not to continue with it.

angiiee

Jun 26, 2018
Hi.

What do you understand when my online account stated "In Process" the last update we had was the pre arrival services. And now still waiting for another move.