+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Pre-Arrival Services Email Timeline

ehab2222

Jan 15, 2017
Well, maybe. It is the last thing that will happen before PPR, so in theory you are close, but "close" could mean two weeks away, or three months away, depending on your general application, whether they are still conducting your background check or that of your spouse, and their workload.
I have PM'd you,does they do a BGC for the sponsor also after SA? i mean the Canadian partner

permafrost_can

Nov 16, 2017
Category........
I have PM'd you,does they do a BGC for the sponsor also after SA? i mean the Canadian partner
Saw your message :) I am not an expert on family sponsorship but as far as I understand they do investigate that you can in fact support your spouse, so that is what they would research in terms of yourself. To check anything else, like a criminal record check, they would need your written consent, and if they didn't ask for it in the application then they are not conducting it.

Reactions: ehab2222

nabeesar

Nov 30, 2016
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
11-07-2017
Nomination.....
12-02-2017
AOR Received.
30-08-2017
Med's Request
12-02-2018
Med's Done....
22-02-2018
SINP OID Nominee
IRCC received application 11 July 2017
AOR 30 Augsust 2017
Medical Request 12 Feb 2018
Background check from "start" to "in process" 13 Feb 2018
Pre arrival email 13 Feb 2018..
Medical Pass 26 Feb 2018...

it has been almost 3 and half months since Pre arrival email. And still waiting and waiting and waiting for PPR..

Danfon

Sep 7, 2017
Hello guys,
I am just wondering if anyone has received a Pre-Arrival Service letter by an inland application in Canada? I am actually in that case with sole applicant myself, and I think that I do not need this service at all. Should I just ignore it? Or it means something else?

Thank you all :)

permafrost_can

Nov 16, 2017
Category........
Hello guys,
I am just wondering if anyone has received a Pre-Arrival Service letter by an inland application in Canada? I am actually in that case with sole applicant myself, and I think that I do not need this service at all. Should I just ignore it? Or it means something else?

Thank you all :)
I have a few inland clients :) it is true that you already have lots of info about Canada and your province since you already live and work there, but they may have information you don't know yet :) I was an inland applicant too and there are a few things I now know because of my job, that I wish someone had told me back then.

You can definitely ignore it if you don't want it. IRCC does know who uses it and who doesn't but it won't affect your application. However, they are free, so why not give it a shot? If they send you info that you didn't need, at least you didn't waste any time or money :)

Danfon

Sep 7, 2017
Thanks for your reply, permafrost_can! I think you are making a good point right here. However, it looks like is exclusive service for outland applicants. I have quoted the following sentence from the service page(http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/newcomers/before-services.asp?utm_source=slash-pre-arriv)
"
To use pre-arrival services
To access these free in-person and online services, you must be outside Canada,
"
Now, these services maybe are only about to help the applicants outside Canda, which is sad for inland guys...:(

permafrost_can

Nov 16, 2017
Category........
Thanks for your reply, permafrost_can! I think you are making a good point right here. However, it looks like is exclusive service for outland applicants. I have quoted the following sentence from the service page(http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/newcomers/before-services.asp?utm_source=slash-pre-arriv)
"
To use pre-arrival services
To access these free in-person and online services, you must be outside Canada,
"
Now, these services maybe are only about to help the applicants outside Canda, which is sad for inland guys...:(
That's interesting. I for sure have a few people who are inland, including a provincial nominee and some sponsorship ones. I can suggest two things: contact the pre-arrival service of your preference and ask if they can provide you with services even though you are an inland applicant, see what they say. Or - send me a message and let me know which ones you like, and if we have a partnership with them I will contact them and ask if they can help you :)

Sroyston121

Jun 4, 2018
Hello there,

I’m just abit confuse about the process of my application for PR, I receive pre arrival email a week ago, and today I receive an email requesting medical examination, I have done medical medical examination once already in March 2016, and now again the ciC is asking me to do one, why does this taking such a long time and 2 months ago, they wanted me to do my acro police clearance and finger prints done, and I have also given that! Can anyone tell me if they got an idea what’s the process and steps are! And if this is going to take more time for me to get my pr
Many thanks

permafrost_can

Nov 16, 2017
Category........
Hello there,

I’m just abit confuse about the process of my application for PR, I receive pre arrival email a week ago, and today I receive an email requesting medical examination, I have done medical medical examination once already in March 2016, and now again the ciC is asking me to do one, why does this taking such a long time and 2 months ago, they wanted me to do my acro police clearance and finger prints done, and I have also given that! Can anyone tell me if they got an idea what’s the process and steps are! And if this is going to take more time for me to get my pr
Many thanks
Medical examinations have a one-year expiry date. If you did yours in March 2016 for this same application, then it is already expired, so they need you to re-take it. I would advice doing it right away so that you can receive PPR as soon as possible.

Sroyston121

Jun 4, 2018
Medical examinations have a one-year expiry date. If you did yours in March 2016 for this same application, then it is already expired, so they need you to re-take it. I would advice doing it right away so that you can receive PPR as soon as possible.
So do u think this is the last stage of my application? They given me 30 days to submit the medical and here in uk not many places does the medical for visas,
Rang one places up and the the appointment end of the month. Thanks

permafrost_can

Nov 16, 2017
Category........
So do u think this is the last stage of my application? They given me 30 days to submit the medical and here in uk not many places does the medical for visas,
Rang one places up and the the appointment end of the month. Thanks
I can't answer to your specific case, only IRCC can do that. Among our clients, we have seen that most (not all) people who get the pre-arrival letter are in the last stage of their application. Some get PPR within a few weeks, some wait a few months.

If you are unable to get an appointment within the timeframe given, you should contact them right away to explain your situation.

Reactions: Cheryllove

Sroyston121

Jun 4, 2018
I can't answer to your specific case, only IRCC can do that. Among our clients, we have seen that most (not all) people who get the pre-arrival letter are in the last stage of their application. Some get PPR within a few weeks, some wait a few months.

If you are unable to get an appointment within the timeframe given, you should contact them right away to explain your situation.
Thank you, and I will contact the embassy tomorrow, thanks again

Reactions: permafrost_can