PaoTalamantesh

Star Member
Apr 11, 2020
Quebec
Category........
FAM
LANDED..........
28-12-2019
I don't have first-hand experience with this, but I am going to assume they won't accept it.

Carta de no Antecedentes is at the state level (rather than federal) and the IRCC specifically asks for the other one. I would be very surprised if they accept the Carta de no antecedentes.
I am aware that the one needed is the Antecedentes Registrales, but I have a friend that sent the Antecedentes penales instead and now he is worried. The question is if he will be asked to send the right one, or that was his only chance to get it.

Conaider

Star Member
Mar 22, 2018
I am aware that the one needed is the Antecedentes Registrales, but I have a friend that sent the Antecedentes penales instead and now he is worried. The question is if he will be asked to send the right one, or that was his only chance to get it.
Oh, I see where your question was going. Again, I have no first hand experience with the situation but I don't think he should be worried. They'll probably just ask him to give the correct one later on.

This may vary depending on which kind of application he sent, but most likely he wasn't even required to send it upfront.

Crustacio

Oct 28, 2020
I started my application process in August 2020 and when I emailed them regarding my Mexican Police Certificate, they acknowledged that the IRCC office had received all documents including that on February 9th....yet there haven't been any updates on my profile which is weird since it's already past the 6-month mark...I hope this doesn't take that long

Daly.K

Mar 3, 2021
I started my application process in August 2020 and when I emailed them regarding my Mexican Police Certificate, they acknowledged that the IRCC office had received all documents including that on February 9th....yet there haven't been any updates on my profile which is weird since it's already past the 6-month mark...I hope this doesn't take that long
Same situation here. AOR also in August 2020 and Mexican PC sent on Feb 9th. They started reviewing it on Feb 23rd and still the same status. I applied for GCMS notes 2 days ago to see what’s going on. Only Medical that is passed so far. All other sections are still processing.

Gopal88

Aug 14, 2019
Same situation here. AOR also in August 2020 and Mexican PC sent on Feb 9th. They started reviewing it on Feb 23rd and still the same status. I applied for GCMS notes 2 days ago to see what’s going on. Only Medical that is passed so far. All other sections are still processing.
Hi Daly, Have you got a response from the Canadian embassy from Mexico or you are in Mexico and directly sent Mexico PCC to IRCC?

Gopal88

Aug 14, 2019
Hi Crustacio,
Have you gone through obtaining Mexico PCC through the Canadian embassy in Mexico? For some people in this group took more than 6 months! Hope you are following up with IRCC web form...

mk180

Mar 3, 2021
Guys, hope it helps, here is my timeline...

Oct. 3: sent finger prints and documents to the Canadian Embassy through FedEx.
Oct 5: Documents were received.
Nov 10: Documents were sent to the police by the embassy.
Feb 9: Sent an email asking about the status, embassy replied saying that the police certificate was sent to my visa office...

All the Canadian embassy communications would say that it would take around 60-90 business days... in my case I think it was 60 days exactly...

Cheers... Good luck

Reactions: Gopal88

Daly.K

Mar 3, 2021
Sure.
Nov2nd: Embassy received my documents
Nov10th: Embassy sent my documents to fisilica
Feb9th: Embassy sent documents to IRCC
Feb23rd: My account is updated that IRCC started reviewing my PC

Reactions: Gopal88

Daly.K

Mar 3, 2021
Guys, hope it helps, here is my timeline...

Oct. 3: sent finger prints and documents to the Canadian Embassy through FedEx.
Oct 5: Documents were received.
Nov 10: Documents were sent to the police by the embassy.
Feb 9: Sent an email asking about the status, embassy replied saying that the police certificate was sent to my visa office...

All the Canadian embassy communications would say that it would take around 60-90 business days... in my case I think it was 60 days exactly...

Cheers... Good luck
Thanks for sharing your timeline. Did you receive any update after that?

mclavelmex

Feb 4, 2021
Hello everybody. Is somebody here that has done the process of getting the police certificate while living in the country? I live in Mexico and I'm not sure if I got the process right.

I received the IRCC instruction letter to request my Mexico police certificate last week, and according to the website if i live in the country I must send an email to the visa office in Mexico to get the official letter, which is the one I have to bring personally to the Fiscalia along with other requirements, am I right? The issue is that I've had no response yet from the visa office and I haven't had any luck on the phone. Is there anything else that I must do? Or should I just wait for the reply with the letter? If anyone did this recently, in how much time did the visa office reply?

Thank you in advance!

MexicanInNB

Feb 18, 2021
Hello, everyone. I still haven’t heard back from IRCC.

I am an inland applicant -PNP EE FSW- with April 2020 AOR.

My PCC was sent to IRCC by the Canadian Embassy on February 9th. And no updates at all after that.

Called today again and nothing. Submitted a web form because everything is still in progress or being reviewed.

I will let you know if anything changes. Please do the same to keep the spirits up. I know we have all been through more than enough.

Reactions: Daly.K

Daly.K

Mar 3, 2021
Hello everybody. Is somebody here that has done the process of getting the police certificate while living in the country? I live in Mexico and I'm not sure if I got the process right.

I received the IRCC instruction letter to request my Mexico police certificate last week, and according to the website if i live in the country I must send an email to the visa office in Mexico to get the official letter, which is the one I have to bring personally to the Fiscalia along with other requirements, am I right? The issue is that I've had no response yet from the visa office and I haven't had any luck on the phone. Is there anything else that I must do? Or should I just wait for the reply with the letter? If anyone did this recently, in how much time did the visa office reply?

Thank you in advance!
Make sure you contacted the visa office through this email:
Mxico-im-rau@international.gc.ca
They should reply but might take few days.