+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

POLICE CERTIFICATE MEXICO

Daly.K

Mar 3, 2021
I received an email yesterday from IRCC saying that they are unable to provide accurate processing times on individual applications at this time due to COVID-19 and that it will take them longer than usual to get back to me regarding my CEC application.
« As a result, we have removed the progress bar in the online account of Economic Class – Canadian Experience Class (EE) clients »-they saying in the email.
The email also included a link where they post weekly updates on expected processing delays by type of application. For CEC applications, they are now processing applications received between May24 and 30, 2020.

The email BTW arrived in my junk mail (spam), so always check it as well. I even remember that someone before has received PPR email in the junk mail!

That’s my latest update so far.

Gopal88

Aug 14, 2019
I received an email yesterday from IRCC saying that they are unable to provide accurate processing times on individual applications at this time due to COVID-19 and that it will take them longer than usual to get back to me regarding my CEC application.
« As a result, we have removed the progress bar in the online account of Economic Class – Canadian Experience Class (EE) clients »-they saying in the email.
The email also included a link where they post weekly updates on expected processing delays by type of application. For CEC applications, they are now processing applications received between May24 and 30, 2020.

The email BTW arrived in my junk mail (spam), so always check it as well. I even remember that someone before has received PPR email in the junk mail!

That’s my latest update so far.
I too got the same e-mail by Friday. And I got two e-mails with the same subject. One e-mail is in my primary folder and another in my updates folder. Sounds like they sent to all CEC (EE) Candidates! I am not sure why they mentioning Economic class!! Is there any Express class or Business class available within Express entry? lol

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
2020-12-20: Applied for PR and received AOR
2021-01-22: Medical passed & IRCC-letter received to apply for Mexico PC
2021-01-28: Bio-metric completed & Mexico PC application Delivered to the Canadian embassy in Mexico
2021-02-16: Canadian embassy acknowledged the receipt of the Mexico-PC application

Last edited:
Reactions: Paullbelafonte

Paullbelafonte

Oct 18, 2020
I too got the same e-mail by Friday. And I got two e-mails with the same subject. One e-mail is in my primary folder and another in my updates folder. Sounds like they sent to all CEC (EE) Candidates! I am not sure why they mentioning Economic class!! Is there any Express class or Business class available within Express entry? lol

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
2021-01-22: Medical passed & IRCC-letter received to apply for Mexico PC
2021-01-28: Bio-metric completed & Mexico PC application Delivered to the Canadian embassy in Mexico
2021-02-16: Canadian embassy acknowledged the receipt of the Mexico-PC application
Hello!
Just wondering, the email you for from the Canadá embassy was saying this:

Dear Sir/Madame,

Please be informed that your documents were received in our offices, they will be reviewed as soon as possible and if everything is correct they will be sent to Mexican authorities shortly. Processing time for a federal police certificate from Mexico takes from 75-90 business days. Results will be sent directly to the IRCC office processing your application.

Please note that due to the high volume of applications we receive in our office, we cannot provide you with personalized assistance or detailed information. We kindly request you to be patient and keep your correspondence to a minimum.
So that means they can’t give us like a exact time or status of our application, like they don’t gonna let us know when is complete?

thank you

my timeline is:
January 26th 2021-send documents to Canada embassy
January 28th 2021-DHL envelope arrived to Canada Embassy
February 16th 2021-Embassy send me a email confirmation

and they didn’t send me an email after that...

Last edited:

Gopal88

Aug 14, 2019
Hello!
Just wondering, the email you for from the Canadá embassy was saying this:

Dear Sir/Madame,

Please be informed that your documents were received in our offices, they will be reviewed as soon as possible and if everything is correct they will be sent to Mexican authorities shortly. Processing time for a federal police certificate from Mexico takes from 75-90 business days. Results will be sent directly to the IRCC office processing your application.

Please note that due to the high volume of applications we receive in our office, we cannot provide you with personalized assistance or detailed information. We kindly request you to be patient and keep your correspondence to a minimum.
So that means they can’t give us like a exact time or status of our application, like they don’t gonna let us know when is complete?

thank you
Yes, whoever applied recently(last 3 months) getting exactly the same e-mail. And yes they will not give any e-mail confirmation on the status, we will have to e-mail them back after 75-90 business days if they sent our Police certificate to IRCC.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
2021-01-22: Medical passed & IRCC-letter received to apply for the Mexico PC

Paullbelafonte

Oct 18, 2020
Yes, whoever applied recently(last 3 months) getting exactly the same e-mail. And yes they will not give any e-mail confirmation on the status, we will have to e-mail them back after 75-90 business days if they sent our Police certificate to IRCC.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
2021-01-22: Medical passed & IRCC-letter received to apply for the Mexico PC
We have very similar dates, let’s keep in touch to inform each other about our process, what’s your email? :)

Reactions: Gopal88

MexicanInNB

Feb 18, 2021
Hello again everyone. Just called IRCC to see if they had any updates regarding the reception of my Police Certificate on February 9th. Unfortunately nothing has changed since. My application is still the same it’s been since July 2020. Wish you all the best. I just wanted to let you guys know. Take care!

Gopal88

Aug 14, 2019
Hello again everyone. Just called IRCC to see if they had any updates regarding the reception of my Police Certificate on February 9th. Unfortunately nothing has changed since. My application is still the same it’s been since July 2020. Wish you all the best. I just wanted to let you guys know. Take care!
Hi MexicanInNB,

Most of the EE applicants got the status e-mail from IRCC last week, the below link is to see the delays in processing:
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/check-status.html?utm_campaign=LOBcapacity&utm_medium=email&utm_source=processing-LOB-capacity-210323&utm_content=english-check-status

Select the "Immigration" in the drop-down and scroll to see "All other Express Entry applications". I am a CEC-EE applicant and they are processing applications received from May-24-2020 to May-30-2020!!

star_sky

Apr 6, 2021
Hi Everyone! does anyone know if the embassy will accept the fingerprint pages done digitally and then printed or do they need to be ink? Currently living in Canada and the police station will only do digital. Trying to get the "Constancia de datos registrales"

Thanks for any help :)

Conaider

Star Member
Mar 22, 2018
Hi Everyone! does anyone know if the embassy will accept the fingerprint pages done digitally and then printed or do they need to be ink? Currently living in Canada and the police station will only do digital. Trying to get the "Constancia de datos registrales"

Don't know for sure, my guess would be that they won't accept it. Have you looked at fingerprinting agencies? Doing fingerprints is their whole business.

You can see in their website if they do ink fingerprints; if they don't state that specifically, search if they mention doing fingerprints for foreign police certificates.

star_sky

Apr 6, 2021
Don't know for sure, my guess would be that they won't accept it. Have you looked at fingerprinting agencies? Doing fingerprints is their whole business.

You can see in their website if they do ink fingerprints; if they don't state that specifically, search if they mention doing fingerprints for foreign police certificates.

I have, I was kinda hoping I didn't have to go to another city to get that done tbh. The pain of not living in a mayor city I suppose haha

Reactions: Diego_yeyo

gothamneedsme

Dec 3, 2020
Hello, everyone. I still haven’t heard back from IRCC.

I am an inland applicant -PNP EE FSW- with April 2020 AOR.

My PCC was sent to IRCC by the Canadian Embassy on February 9th. And no updates at all after that.

Called today again and nothing. Submitted a web form because everything is still in progress or being reviewed.

I will let you know if anything changes. Please do the same to keep the spirits up. I know we have all been through more than enough.
Did you apply for GCMS?

Csanchez

May 6, 2020

For the Constancia de Datos Registrales the Mexican Consulate in Vancouver gave me some free ink fingerprints but I was also recommended to get the digital ones by the police which cost $55. So I did. I'm glad I did. I sent all my papers to Mexico with a "Carta Poder" so my dad could do the processing. They only took the digital fingerprints by the police, the consulate ones were not properly taken. If I were you I would send both just to be safe. I guess it also depends on the officer reviewing your papers. I had the Constancia 10 days later and I submitted it to the profile. If you have someone in Mexico is faster than sending it to the Canadian consulate in Mexico City.

Conaider

Star Member
Mar 22, 2018
For the Constancia de Datos Registrales the Mexican Consulate in Vancouver gave me some free ink fingerprints but I was also recommended to get the digital ones by the police which cost $55. So I did. I'm glad I did. I sent all my papers to Mexico with a "Carta Poder" so my dad could do the processing. They only took the digital fingerprints by the police, the consulate ones were not properly taken. If I were you I would send both just to be safe. I guess it also depends on the officer reviewing your papers. I had the Constancia 10 days later and I submitted it to the profile. If you have someone in Mexico is faster than sending it to the Canadian consulate in Mexico City.
I upvote the getting it done through someone in Mexico, if possible. Ours took over 4 months (we did it through the Embassy), and we saw people in other forums for which it took around 8 months... if you don't mind the wait it's ok, but I think it's worth it to get someone in Mexico to help you out with this.

Reactions: star_sky

star_sky

Apr 6, 2021
This is of great help, thanks! One question, do you have a template for the "carta poder"? Is it something along "I authorize Name to do this process for me etc" with id photocopies and signed?

Reactions: Diego_yeyo