+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PGWP Extension

Pujaholy

Apr 1, 2021
I have sent my application for pgwp extension after getting my new passport to:

Student work permit extensions (includes co-op, internships and post-graduation work permits)
Send your application to:
Case Processing Centre in Edmonton
Immigration Refugees and Citizenship Canada
c/o Student work permits/Same employer, Station 202
9700 Jasper Avenue NW, Suite 55
Edmonton, AB T5J 4C3

I was granted work permit in just 1 month even though it was paper application. I received it on 20th arpil.

Note: Do not apply online for pqwp extension. Clearly tell about your situation that you got your work permit till passport expiry.

For any other enquiries ask me.

arun557

May 8, 2021

Student work permit extensions (includes co-op, internships and post-graduation work permits)
Edmonton, AB T5J 4C3

I was granted work permit in just 1 month even though it was paper application. I received it on 20th arpil.

Note: Do not apply online for pqwp extension. Clearly tell about your situation that you got your work permit till passport expiry.

hi, thanks for the info. How did you pay the application fees and which documents did you sent in mail.
thanks in advance

Pujaholy

Apr 1, 2021
hi, thanks for the info. How did you pay the application fees and which documents did you sent in mail.
thanks in advance
I paid application fee online. There is an option for that at the website. You need to pay for both work permit and open work permit. For just the permit it is 100 dollars and open work permit is 150, total 250. After payment, save the receipt as PDF. You need to take out the print of it and include that with your application.

Documents:
Receipt (Photocopy)
Transcripts (Photocopy)
Request letter
Old Passport (Photocopy)
New passport(Photocopy)
Work permit (Photocopy)
Expired student permit(Photocopy)
If I'm missing few docs then include all the docs that you think can explain your situation very clearly.

I hope this helps. Good luck!!

nickfinite

May 31, 2021
I just got my PGWP extended!
Initially, my PGWP was given for 9 months because of my old passport validity. I renewed my passport in Canada and applied for PGWP extension ONLINE. I filled the form exactly the same way as I did when I applied PGWP for the first time but I did attach a letter of explanation.
so did you apply just like applying again for the PGWP?

beemomo

Jun 2, 2021
I paid application fee online. There is an option for that at the website. You need to pay for both work permit and open work permit. For just the permit it is 100 dollars and open work permit is 150, total 250. After payment, save the receipt as PDF. You need to take out the print of it and include that with your application.

Documents:
Receipt (Photocopy)
Transcripts (Photocopy)
Request letter
Old Passport (Photocopy)
New passport(Photocopy)
Work permit (Photocopy)
Expired student permit(Photocopy)
If I'm missing few docs then include all the docs that you think can explain your situation very clearly.

I hope this helps. Good luck!!
Hi, I also recently renewed my passport and need to extend my PGWP (only get 16 months instead of 3 years due to passport expiry)

1. I'm wondering which document checklist did you use when applying for the pgwp extension?
I found two links about applying for a work permit on paper, one is for work and one is for students:
- For students:
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/guide-5580-applying-work-permit-student-guide-paper.html
Used IMM 5583
- For workers:
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/work-canada/permit/temporary/extend/alternate-format.html
Used IMM 5556

2. In the form IMM 5710, page 1 section 3, "I'm applying for one or more of the following:"
- Apply for a work permit with the same employer
- Apply for a work permit for the first time or with a new employer
- Restore my status as a worker
I'm not too sure which one I should select?

Thanks very much for your help in advance!

-

Pujaholy

Apr 1, 2021
Hi, I also recently renewed my passport and need to extend my PGWP (only get 16 months instead of 3 years due to passport expiry)

1. I'm wondering which document checklist did you use when applying for the pgwp extension?
I found two links about applying for a work permit on paper, one is for work and one is for students:
- For students:
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/guide-5580-applying-work-permit-student-guide-paper.html
Used IMM 5583
- For workers:
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/work-canada/permit/temporary/extend/alternate-format.html
Used IMM 5556

2. In the form IMM 5710, page 1 section 3, "I'm applying for one or more of the following:"
- Apply for a work permit with the same employer
- Apply for a work permit for the first time or with a new employer
- Restore my status as a worker
I'm not too sure which one I should select?

Thanks very much for your help in advance!

-
1) No student please, never. Always use worker's checklist IMM 5556 because you are not a student anymore. But please note that you have to write a letter of request explaining your situation very clearly. With that letter include your photocopy of transcripts,old student permit copy old passport copy, new passport copy, work permit copy, ltr of graduation.
2)Apply for a work permit with the same employer and in the "current employee" box, write "post graduation work permit"

mymonika4

Star Member
Mar 17, 2021

Edmonton, AB T5J 4C3

Hey, So I also applied for pgwp extension, how many days after you sent the application did you get your application number? I imagine it would be through an email.

Pujaholy

Apr 1, 2021
Hey, So I also applied for pgwp extension, how many days after you sent the application did you get your application number? I imagine it would be through an email.
Actually, I never received my application number. Before that I received an approval mail at my email address. It just took a month. So just relax and wait for it.