+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PGWP Extension

KRIS 2012

Aug 18, 2013
Hi, anybody knows what is the processing time for changing the conditions in an PGWP. I applied on papers .My application was received on July 13th 2020 , and I have no update till today . Are the suppose to send an email to us that they received the application and also send us the application nr ?
I also was trying to link this application to my online account and the message I get is that : this application is already linked . But I don't see it yet in the account . I am changing the conditions because I want to work in health care field very soon .

gurveerjhim

Sep 5, 2020
Thanks swgley_09 for your reply. I called CIC today and they confirmed that I have to apply by paper.

Quick question, do I need to enclose a personal photo with the application? I recall submitting one when filling the application online last year but it doesn't seem that it is on the checklist (IMM5556).

For payment, I should be paying 155 (Work Permit fee) + 100 (Open Work Permit Holder fee), right? Did I miss anything?

Thanks again.

Cheers,
Mohamed
Hi Mohamed,
Can you please confirm the extra $100 is for open work permit holder fee?
Thank you

jlaureanne

Oct 22, 2020
Hi Omorod,

Do you know what happens if the current PGWP expires before getting the result of the extension of PGWP validity? Can we still continue to work?

jlaureanne

Oct 22, 2020
Hi, anybody knows what is the processing time for changing the conditions in an PGWP. I applied on papers .My application was received on July 13th 2020 , and I have no update till today . Are the suppose to send an email to us that they received the application and also send us the application nr ?
I also was trying to link this application to my online account and the message I get is that : this application is already linked . But I don't see it yet in the account . I am changing the conditions because I want to work in health care field very soon .
Hi Kris, do you got updates on your application?

jlaureanne

Oct 22, 2020
Hi,

Yes, you should provide the same documents you submitted when you applied first. Just add on your explanation letter that you are claiming the remaining years.
Hi,

I am new here. I am trying to completely read the thread, but I got lost. Could you state the steps on how you applied?
I received my PGPW today (October 22, 2020) and it will expire April 2021, I got a few months to apply. I need help!

Omorod

Jan 7, 2019
Hi Omorod,

Do you know what happens if the current PGWP expires before getting the result of the extension of PGWP validity? Can we still continue to work?
Yea you can continue to work. You will be under applied status just provide your employer proof that you have submitted an application to extend your pgwp. You’re fine.

jlaureanne

Oct 22, 2020
Today I got the confirmation that I do not need biometrics. I was able to link my application to day to my online account. Hopefully I will have news soon
.If I got it right? The extension of the validity is the same procedure of PGWP application? Except it is a paper based application.

jlaureanne

Oct 22, 2020
Hi there, I have the same question and could not find any info. Should I include a personal photo in a mail package to renew PGWP? Can you please advise what you did? Can someone please help me? I really appreciate. Thank you so much
Hi, How did your application go?
I was wondering if you could walk me through the steps to extend the validity. I have been reading the thread but I couldn't find what links should I open or forms should I gather.

I would really appreciate it big time. Thank you.

jlaureanne

Oct 22, 2020
I provided exactly the same as described here in the thread while applying for the PGWP extension. I am a bit worried I didn't provide my degree requirement letter or transcript for the extension. Any suggestion or idea it might reject/refuse my application?
Hi there, I'm just curious about the update of your application?

I would appreciate the information.

sarah12345

Nov 23, 2020
Hi, I have a question about the address where I should send my PGWP extension materials.
On the website,
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/guide-5553-applying-change-conditions-extend-your-stay-canada-worker-paper.html

There are two addresses which mention "work permit".
One is For extensions including: work permit extension, open work permit extension
Case Processing Centre in Edmonton
Immigration Refugees and Citizenship Canada
c/o Work permits/Same employer, Station 202
9700 Jasper Avenue NW, Suite 55
Edmonton, AB T5J 4C3

Another is New employer work permits including: work permit, initial open work permit
c/o Work permits/New employer, Station 555
Edmonton, AB T5J 4C3

Which I should send my documents to?

Thank you,

Dave1111

Star Member
Aug 2, 2017
Hi, I have a question about the address where I should send my PGWP extension materials.
On the website,
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/guide-5553-applying-change-conditions-extend-your-stay-canada-worker-paper.html

There are two addresses which mention "work permit".
One is For extensions including: work permit extension, open work permit extension
c/o Work permits/Same employer, Station 202
Edmonton, AB T5J 4C3

Another is New employer work permits including: work permit, initial open work permit
c/o Work permits/New employer, Station 555
Edmonton, AB T5J 4C3

Which I should send my documents to?

Thank you,
Hi,
You can send it to station 555. I recently got approved and send my docs to same address.