+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PGWP Extension

ojlfc

Nov 24, 2020
Hi,
You can send it to station 555. I recently got approved and send my docs to same address.
WHHAAT!

Hey Dave& Sarah,
How are you guys extending your PGWP? I thought we can't renew it or are there new rules that I am not aware of??
If yes what forms did you guys fill?

Thanks in advance

Dave1111

Star Member
Aug 2, 2017
WHHAAT!

Hey Dave& Sarah,
How are you guys extending your PGWP? I thought we can't renew it or are there new rules that I am not aware of??

Thanks in advance
Hi,
You can only extend your pgwp if you were given less than 3 years initially. I hope it clears your confusion.
Thank you.

sarah12345

Nov 23, 2020
WHHAAT!

Hey Dave& Sarah,

Thanks in advance
When I apply my PGWP, my passport had only 1year left so I could get only a year of PGWP. Thus, I am claiming the rest of two years.

Rabu123

Dec 27, 2019
Hi,
You can send it to station 555. I recently got approved and send my docs to same address.
Shouldn't it be the first address?

One is For extensions including: work permit extension, open work permit extension
Case Processing Centre in Edmonton
Immigration Refugees and Citizenship Canada
c/o Work permits/Same employer, Station 202
9700 Jasper Avenue NW, Suite 55
Edmonton, AB T5J 4C3

because it clearly mentions-for extensions...and now on the site it is ...

Address the envelope as follows:
  • Student work permit extensions (includes co-op, internships and post-graduation work permits)
    Send your application to:
    c/o Student work permits/Same employer, Station 202
    Edmonton, AB T5J 4C3
???

Reactions: SatoshiNakamoto
Oct 16, 2020
Shouldn't it be the first address?

One is For extensions including: work permit extension, open work permit extension
c/o Work permits/Same employer, Station 202
Edmonton, AB T5J 4C3

because it clearly mentions-for extensions...and now on the site it is ...

Address the envelope as follows:
  • Student work permit extensions (includes co-op, internships and post-graduation work permits)
    Send your application to:
    c/o Student work permits/Same employer, Station 202
    Edmonton, AB T5J 4C3
???
Oh man I had the same question, I think they changed the instructions recently and looks like they clearly want PGWP extensions to be sent to 202. Everywhere on CanadaVisa they mention unit 555, but now they included PGWP in the extension section so I guess unit 202?
I will wait till end of day and decide but most likely I will go with unit 202.

Rabu123

Dec 27, 2019
Oh man I had the same question, I think they changed the instructions recently and looks like they clearly want PGWP extensions to be sent to 202. Everywhere on CanadaVisa they mention unit 555, but now they included PGWP in the extension section so I guess unit 202?
I am considering to call up CIC ... Let's see ... Otherwise even I would go with unit 202

Rabu123

Dec 27, 2019
What are the documents you are submitting?

jlaureanne

Oct 22, 2020
Hi all,
Hi,
You can only extend your pgwp if you were given less than 3 years initially. I hope it clears your confusion.
Thank you.
Hi All,

So glad to find your comment. I have to extend my PGWP since I have less than 3 years. I read the instruction at the site but it would be helpful if I can get the steps from someone who applied already. I hope you will help me out here. I have so many questions and I would like to keep in contact with someone who experienced it already.

Thank you.

jlaureanne

Oct 22, 2020
I have applied for PGWP extension as per the instructions on this forum. Now, my PGWP expires in 2 months and application processing time is 3-4 months. Will I have applied status after my PGWP expires and while my application is being processed? Thank you.
Hi,

did you get an implied status during that time?

jlaureanne

Oct 22, 2020
Hello,

A quick question... I am in similar situation where I have to apply for the PGWP extension. I am confused as what to choose for "Current status in Canada" in IMM5710 form. Should I choose Student or worker??

Will it confuse CIC if I choose "Student" as my current status is "Worker" and my study permit expiry date is an year ago?

Any response will be appreciated. Please Help....

Thank You
Sony

Hi Sony,

I pretty sure you got your extension by now, I have the same question as had before. I hope you could answer it. Thank you.