+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PGWP Extension

beemomo

Jun 2, 2021
1) No student please, never. Always use worker's checklist IMM 5556 because you are not a student anymore. But please note that you have to write a letter of request explaining your situation very clearly. With that letter include your photocopy of transcripts,old student permit copy old passport copy, new passport copy, work permit copy, ltr of graduation.
2)Apply for a work permit with the same employer and in the "current employee" box, write "post graduation work permit"
Thanks so much for your help!

mymonika4

Star Member
Mar 17, 2021
Anybody here who applied for work permit extension and was able to link application to online IRCC account???

Kazmanowk

Star Member
Apr 6, 2020
Hello, i am applying for pgwp, under the employment section, I stopped working may after my graduation but I am still employed, should I put May as the day my work ends or June?

xhalae

Jul 20, 2017
I paid application fee online. There is an option for that at the website. You need to pay for both work permit and open work permit. For just the permit it is 100 dollars and open work permit is 150, total 250. After payment, save the receipt as PDF. You need to take out the print of it and include that with your application.

Documents:
Receipt (Photocopy)
Transcripts (Photocopy)
Request letter
Old Passport (Photocopy)
New passport(Photocopy)
Work permit (Photocopy)
Expired student permit(Photocopy)
If I'm missing few docs then include all the docs that you think can explain your situation very clearly.

I hope this helps. Good luck!!
Do you have to submit a photo of yourself like what we did in the initial PGWP application?

dyannebansal

Jun 1, 2017
Hello Pujaholy... Im going to send my application through mail as well to get the full length of my pgwp validity. Just want to confirm, so i have to complete and fill out the forms in Checklist IMM555 plus the documents you said earlier? Thank you! :)

dyannebansal

Jun 1, 2017
Hello Pujaholy... Im going to send my application through mail as well to get the full length of my pgwp validity. Just want to confirm, so i have to complete and fill out the forms in Checklist IMM555 plus the documents you said earlier? Thank you! :)

Pujaholy

Apr 1, 2021
Exactly. There's no harm in sending extra supporting documents.