+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PEQ application delay for CSQ 2018

jckailun

Star Member
Mar 25, 2018
Montreal, QC; Hong Kong
Category........
QSW
Hello everyone, finally and after about 4 months of waiting, i received my csq today !
this is a recap of all the process and how long it took me :
- I sent my application for the PEQ program on late November 2017
- got the payment receipt on 1st of december
- on 4th of december i received that famous letter which states the deeper investigation thing

Just to let you know that i did pass my TEFAQ and my score is C2 in comprehension and C1 in Expression
I think that they went active again for PEQ applications. also last week, someone that knows more about this kind of stuff, told me that they are kind of busy at this time and they have so much applications to treat.
I think that there is nothing much to do from our side, just cross fingers and keep waiting.
Good luck to all of you !
Good to hear that. Did you attend an interview?

Ruscoe24

Feb 18, 2018
Hey everyone, OP here, my update so far:

- sent my application off end of November 2017
- 1 December 2017 I get the 'we've taken the money' letter
- 8 December 2017 I get the 'deeper investigation' letter

This morning I get an email from CCIP telling me my Tefaq oral evaluation had been lowered from a C1 to a B1 as per MIDI's request. I sat the test over 6 months ago, and received the relevant certificate, which CERTIFIES that my level is above the supposed required mark for the PEQ.

Almost six months after applying for the CSQ through the PEQ, with just a few weeks to go before my work permit runs out, I am notified of, what seems to be, a complete arbitrary decision as no linguistic feedback or explanation was provided in the email. This demotion lowers my score not only by one but TWO full marks, which curiously brings me just below the necessary mark for obtaining the CSQ. Now I wonder, could this just be a mere coincidence?

If the examiner was so so off that he assessed my level to be 2 marks higher than what it should have been, then why am I being notified now? If the language level standardisation is flawed that doesn't justify a 6+ month reassessment period the candidate is unaware of. The only other possibility is that MIDI's system is so deeply corrupt that this is their only way of rejecting applications that otherwise wouldn't have a justifiable refusal.

My question is, is there any way one can seek justice for what these crooks are doing? How is this sort of practice even allowed in a western country? Are there any means to appeal against this tyranny and, quite frankly, shocking abuse of power?

ayuki117

Star Member
Mar 15, 2018

This morning I get an email from CCIP telling me my Tefaq oral evaluation had been lowered from a C1 to a B1 as per MIDI's request. I sat the test over 6 months ago, and received the relevant certificate, which CERTIFIES that my level is above the supposed required mark for the PEQ.

Almost six months after applying for the CSQ through the PEQ, with just a few weeks to go before my work permit runs out, I am notified of, what seems to be, a complete arbitrary decision as no linguistic feedback or explanation was provided in the email. This demotion lowers my score not only by one but TWO full marks, which curiously brings me just below the necessary mark for obtaining the CSQ. Now I wonder, could this just be a mere coincidence?

If the examiner was so so off that he assessed my level to be 2 marks higher than what it should have been, then why am I being notified now? If the language level standardisation is flawed that doesn't justify a 6+ month reassessment period the candidate is unaware of. The only other possibility is that MIDI's system is so deeply corrupt that this is their only way of rejecting applications that otherwise wouldn't have a justifiable refusal.

My question is, is there any way one can seek justice for what these crooks are doing? How is this sort of practice even allowed in a western country? Are there any means to appeal against this tyranny and, quite frankly, shocking abuse of power?
please kindly provide your email (no need to be a real one, can be a "new" one if you are concerned) then one of my friend will send you an email regarding your question.

also, could you let us know:
1. where did you take your original test?
2. what was your C1 score (exact score)
3. what is your B1 score now?

lastly, that's why I won't even use my Tefaq C1 result.

to be honest, you are mad at MIDI, me too, but I am even more mad at CCIP (the test centre for tefaq in Paris).
They send out their certificate and don't stand for it and now, if you want to let them make sure your score, you need to pay extra 50 euros to get the contre-evaluation. What the XX is that???

is there any ...I mean any text authorities dose the same thing in the world?!

Tefaq said they use the method "spot check (contre-evaluate)" which means they trust very much their examiners on site. But if your examiners on site can't even do their proper job, like ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS give out a higher score than the what is should be, why Tefaq doesn't change the system?!

it's like I bought a broken TV set and I ask for a refund and you tell me NO, WE CAN'T, because we use the method "spot check", and your TV set was not checked by us, so it's your fault to pick this tv set... and if you want to have a guaranteed quality, you need to pay more...

I don't know what to say...

ayuki117

Star Member
Mar 15, 2018

also, may I know your nationality?

Oui

Mar 27, 2018

On the same boat as you...Received the email this morning too. B2 lowered to B1 after almost 5 months. But from C1 to B1??? seriously. This is totally Fxxked up! Someone somewhere should be responsible for our losses of time and money, and that should NOT be us here!

Reactions: Ruscoe24

Ruscoe24

Feb 18, 2018
also, may I know your nationality?
Hi,

I am a British Citizen, I passed my TEFAQ at MCgill and my results were the following:

Compréhension orale 246 / 360 B2
Expression orale 372 / 450 C1

My ''Expression orale'' was lowered to 241 (niveau B1), that's a lowering of 131 points

ayuki117

Star Member
Mar 15, 2018
Hi,

I am a British Citizen, I passed my TEFAQ at MCgill and my results were the following:

Compréhension orale 246 / 360 B2
Expression orale 372 / 450 C1

My ''Expression orale'' was lowered to 241 (niveau B1), that's a lowering of 131 points
372 to 241.... this is ridiculous.

I don't even want to bother to blame TEFAQ Paris center but I am really upset with the examiner who gave score.
The person should lose his/her job! Because he/she is not doing it well!!!

I suggest you to take another TEFAQ speaking test right now so that if midi ask you to submit a new result, at least you have one. Not sure they will accept it or now but that's the most you can do I think.

Qwerty092

Apr 18, 2018

“C1 to B1” Wow, I have no words. You took TEFAQ at McGill, the top uni in this country and literally the most legit institution to take TEFAQ. There is a pattern that MIDI is discriminanting against applications who have English background. No ones who have French background (those come from French speaking countries or studied in French) face the bullshit that English background applicants are facing. If you read about the history of Quebec and Bill 101, it’s all connected. I mean if this is not discrimination, I dont know what else is.

Federal goverment gives Quebec Immigration ultimate power so they just do whatever they want doesnt matter if it’s unfair.

You should consider a lawsuit against MIDI and gather people. They just lost a lawsuit related to QSW applicants. https://imk.ca/en/rahim-and-rhia-basnet-v-midi/

Reactions: Ruscoe24

Ruscoe24

Feb 18, 2018
“C1 to B1” Wow, I have no words. You took TEFAQ at McGill, the top uni in this country and literally the most legit institution to take TEFAQ. There is a pattern that MIDI is discriminanting against applications who have English background. No ones who have French background (those come from French speaking countries or studied in French) face the bullshit that English background applicants are facing. If you read about the history of Quebec and Bill 101, it’s all connected. I mean if this is not discrimination, I dont know what else is.

Federal goverment gives Quebec Immigration ultimate power so they just do whatever they want doesnt matter if it’s unfair.

You should consider a lawsuit against MIDI and gather people. They just lost a lawsuit related to QSW applicants. https://imk.ca/en/rahim-and-rhia-basnet-v-midi/
Yeah I am pretty sure of this, it's pathetic and rather pedantic IMO. The fact of the matter is that MIDI will only ever make the effort to lower your score if it will bring you below B2. That is just plain and simple.

Immstu

Champion Member
Jul 31, 2017

Sorry to hear about your case.

I also used the word 'crook' against MIDI but a particular member took offence to it. He can call them angels if that gives
him csq.

Better go for ombudsman complaint now and also explore to see if David Chalk can be of any help.
Off late not hearing much from his side also about peq csq cases similar to you. No harm in having
a chat wit him

jckailun

Star Member
Mar 25, 2018
Montreal, QC; Hong Kong
Category........
QSW
Hey guys. Check this out-
www.quebecpeq.com/post-506.html. For those who cannot read Chinese like me, you may wanna translate the page into your language.

It seems quite clear now that MIDI was only ensuring every PEQ applicant has the genuine French ability, and they trust the CCI very much that, as long as your TEFAQ score’s not lowered down to lower than B2, they’ll still issue you the selection certificate. Even if you’re called for an interview, they would cancel it if you prove that your level was truly at B2. You know, TEFAQ scores can only be re-evaluated once, and that’s it.

jckailun

Star Member
Mar 25, 2018
Montreal, QC; Hong Kong
Category........
QSW
What you state is simply untrue. CCIP is the organisation that assessed my C1 in the first place. My score was lowered from a C1 to a B1 on MIDI’s REQUEST. What is clear is that MIDI will ask to arbitrarily lower whichever candidate’s grade so as NOT to issue theM their deserved CSQ in order to fabricate an excuse not to.
Of course, I understand your point, and I, too, hate MIDI's reckless behaviours when it comes to assessing the language ability. It's very sceptical what's now going on with the TEFAQ and their examiners, like it's the examiners that have assigned us the score that's good enough to qualify for the csq, they are literally disqualifying the entire exam system, their examiners, and the CCIP.

However, from what I've been observing, if one re-evaluated on his own and the score wasn't lowered, it should be fine. How do you know or how can you show that MIDI REQUESTED CCIP just to lower your scores out of nothing? They might have their own assessment schemes, but I doubt they are picking on somebody...