+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Info: Unfair treatment by MIDI ? . You can complain to Quebec Ombudsman.

cherti

Aug 25, 2015
Category........
QSW
Hello all,

I have come across many posts where people get unfair treatment from MIDI. For ex: MIDI loses the documents that you sent them, says they didn't get any document even though you have the delivery proof. Not returning original documents. Rejects applications without specifying reason. Your federal stage application went "magically" missing or if its in limbo.

All these unfair treatments can be bought to the attention of Quebec Ombudsman. I didn't know about this until today.

Important:
This is Ombudsman, not a complaint resolution or customer care service. So use this service judiciously as a last resort only when all other doors are closed.

https://protecteurducitoyen.qc.ca/en/make-a-complaint/complaint-forms

Note that this is not only for citizens, but also for everyone who was treated unfair by any services listed on that website.

See some of the complaints against MIDI and its resolution here

https://protecteurducitoyen.qc.ca/en/investigations-and-recommendations/investigation-results?conclusion=15&key=

Last edited:

vishalptl21

Nov 7, 2015
Let us know about the progress. I haven't reached the time limit yet to raise a complaint. Once I reach, I will do too.
I have crossed the limit. I will update the thread. As of now, within 2 days, an investigator is assigned to my case who will be looking into it.

vishalptl21

Nov 7, 2015
what is ur timeline and location?
Inland applicant
Orginial CSQ- Sept,2016
Federal PR application- Dec,2016
Added spouse to the Federal application- Jan 2017
Applied for spouse CSQ- March 2017

I am waiting for spouse CSQ for a year and my pr application is getting delayed because of this.

cooolideal

Jul 2, 2014
Inland applicant
Orginial CSQ- Sept,2016
Federal PR application- Dec,2016
Added spouse to the Federal application- Jan 2017
Applied for spouse CSQ- March 2017

I am waiting for spouse CSQ for a year and my pr application is getting delayed because of this.
any reponse of complain?

vishalptl21

Nov 7, 2015
Same here, seems that the lady who is investigating the situation didn't get any answers from them though... I've been waiting for 10 business days.
From my past experience with MIDI, they will take time to give information. Before going to Ombudsman, i filed complain with MIDI complain commissioner and for them as well it took a month to revert back. So i am assuming same thing will happen with Ombudsman as well. I just want to know how Ombudsman will treat the case?

jerrynomenon

Star Member
Oct 13, 2016
From my past experience with MIDI, they will take time to give information. Before going to Ombudsman, i filed complain with MIDI complain commissioner and for them as well it took a month to revert back. So i am assuming same thing will happen with Ombudsman as well. I just want to know how Ombudsman will treat the case?
What happened with MIDI complaint commissioner? Were they able to finalize your application?