+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PEQ application delay for CSQ 2018

Ruscoe24

Feb 18, 2018
Hi there,

I applied for the CSQ as a skilled worker through the PEQ, supposedly fast track programme. I sent all my documentation off at the end of November 2017. A week after receiving the confirmation of receipt, I get a letter from MIDI saying how it will take a deeper investigation on their part before they can determine whether or not I am eligible for the CSQ. In the letter they also mentioned that they were unable to tell me how long this was going to take. It has now been 3 months and my current visa is about to expire and I don't know what to do.

My application was complete, I passed the Tefaq with a C1 in speaking and a B2 in the listening (higher than the required mark) at McGill, from my understanding, the most legit institution one can get the certificate from. I tried contacting the helpline but they were utterly useless. I found nothing on their website or on the forums about a similar situation to mine. Usually applicants get this treatment if they provide a French certificate form an unrecognised institution, which isn't the case for me.

Any thoughts on this? Anyone know if there is someone I could go to who could help me?

Cheers

jerrynomenon

Star Member
Oct 13, 2016
Hello,

I am pretty much in same situation as you (applied late November and still waiting). Have you tried to contact your MNA? They might be able to inquire MIDI about your file.

Mar 1, 2018
Hi folks,

I'm in the same situation as you all. I've just called the number informed in the letter, useless. I tried to explained my situation and they started being rude.
Its really disgusting, at the same time Quebec says they welcome new immigrants, they don't care who's already here, working. More than that, they get your money, delay your process, don't give an estimation or justification and are rude on the phone.

Don't know what to do too.

Last edited:

AliJ

Mar 8, 2018
Hi there !
i am in the same situation as yours.
I sent my application for the PEQ program on late November 2017, got the payment receipt on 1st of december. 3 days after that they sent me a letter in which they say that my application needs deeper investigation.
It's more that 3 months and still no answer...
For information, i passed the Tefaq exam in Point3 institute, my score is C2 in comprehension and C1 in Expression.
I suggest we share our applications progressions so this will help us evaluate how long it takes to get a CSQ with current
circumstances..

Reactions: Ruscoe24
Mar 1, 2018
I've just called the immigration, still nothing.
I think this is happening with everyone that applied as a worker, since late November. I saw other persons that applied as a student and they got in 21 days.

If at least they give use a reason for the delay, fine, but they don't.

Reactions: Ruscoe24

cherti

Aug 25, 2015
Category........
QSW
I've just called the immigration, still nothing.
I think this is happening with everyone that applied as a worker, since late November. I saw other persons that applied as a student and they got in 21 days.

If at least they give use a reason for the delay, fine, but they don't.
As mentioned in my previous link, they are delaying all temporary worker applicants from inland too. Unless we bring this to the public, they wont act on this. Probably tip the media.

But then again, because this issue is not affecting the citizens, no one cares what MIDI does.

They are happily giving CSQs for all those refugees within a week at the olympic park though.

Ruscoe24

Feb 18, 2018
Thanks for all the comments people, it's good to know I am not the only one who is getting this treatment. Will give updates soon as I have any. Cheers