+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PEQ application delay for CSQ 2018

Ruscoe24

Feb 18, 2018
Hey all. Here’s the thing I don’t understand. Why can one’s score be lowered by that much? From C1 to B1? By more than a hundred points? That sounds insane.

If they no longer trust the test, they should’ve slashed and stop accepting it as a reflection of French ability.

What the f.
it's just disgusting, these people have no consideration for human lives whatsoever, all we can do is hope they get what is coming for them

jckailun

Star Member
Mar 25, 2018
Montreal, QC; Hong Kong
Category........
QSW
I’ve also heard that most applicants whose TEFAQ scores were lowered by CCIP/MIDI took the test last year, and that the same situatution rarely happened this year.

anazard

Sep 11, 2018
Hi everyone, Id just like to share my (negative so far) experiences with the PEQ. I took TEFAQ last year, got b2/b2 and applied this year as soon as I completed 1 year experience at work. They lowered my speaking mark to b1 and gave me 20ish days to resend new proofs I spoke french. Knowing this was going on (thanks to you guys and friends who also applied), I took the test again a couple days before knowing my score had been lowered and got b2/c2 (speaking, listening). I send the new results and, for my surprise, a couple weeks later got a letter saying my dossier has been refused for not showing enough compétences in french. The reason they stated was my first test, which shows they completely ignore the new one I sent.
My work permit expired and I can’t apply again. My lawyer wrote a letter saying there was some kind of human mistake in the hope of having them reconsider the decision, but I honestly don’t think it will go anywhere. I wish better luck for everyone here and consider the province of quebec a money stealing joke that treat people with no respect whatsoever.

Last edited:

jckailun

Star Member
Mar 25, 2018
Montreal, QC; Hong Kong
Category........
QSW
Hi everyone, Id just like to share my (negative so far) experiences with the PEQ. I took TEFAQ last year, got b2/b2 and applied this year as soon as I completed 1 year experience at work. They lowered my speaking mark to b1 and gave me 20ish days to resend new proofs I spoke french. Knowing this was going on (thanks to you guys and friends who also applied), I took the test again a couple days before knowing my score had been lowered and got b2/c2 (speaking, listening). I send the new results and, for my surprise, a couple weeks later got a letter saying my dossier has been refused for not showing enough compétences in french. The reason they stated was my first test, which shows they completely ignore the new one I sent.
My work permit expired and I can’t apply again. My lawyer wrote a letter saying there was some kind of human mistake in the hope of having them reconsider the decision, but I honestly don’t think it will go anywhere. I wish better luck for everyone here and consider the province of quebec a money stealing joke that don’t take qualified people seriously.
Shocked. When did you take your 2nd test?

Qwerty092

Apr 18, 2018
My work permit expired and I can’t apply again. My lawyer wrote a letter saying there was some kind of human mistake in the hope of having them reconsider the decision, but I honestly don’t think it will go anywhere. I wish better luck for everyone here and consider the province of quebec a money stealing joke that treat people with no respect whatsoever.
I think your chance is to take a legal action against them. Yes, it would take a while plus other resources. But the your chance of winning is pretty high since they refused your application based on the first test and disregard your second one.

Or smething else you can do if they dont response (they usually dont) is that send the letter again by using ‘’Act respecting access to documents’’. Found about this on another page: https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/follow-this-process-to-get-information-from-midi-about-your-csq-application-similar-to-gcms-notes.565969/

You might want to discuss with your lawyer as I don’t know the actual intepretation of this law. However, what it does is that it make Qc Imm legally bounded to give an answer within 30 days and they can’t fk around anymore. Peace!

jckailun

Star Member
Mar 25, 2018
Montreal, QC; Hong Kong
Category........
QSW
I took it in July, not exactly sure on the date. Got the official letter saying they had lowered my scores of the first one less than a week later.
Actually you can re-apply within 24 months leaving your job. Just don’t give up.

However, you should seriously consider taking legal actions over MIDI because it’s not your fault at all.

Immstu

Champion Member
Jul 31, 2017
Appalling.

Since Midis first priority is refugees it's better you resort to legal action. Try consulting David Chalk.

All the best

Jennso

Sep 17, 2018
Hi I wanted to share my experience here, reading all of the experiences here makes me really worried about my application my nationality is Mexican and my first language is Spanish and this is my situation right now.

I did a DEP in Soutien Informatique (1800), 1 year and a half of full time study, my initial application was sent on march, with the status of

(Étudiant étranger ou étudiante étrangère prévoyant obtenir son diplôme ou son attestation de réussite dans les six prochains mois),

I received a letter to provide them with my attestation of reussite and the releve des notes final before the 23rd of October 2018, I finished my study program on August 3th, and asked for this two last documents, received them on the 22nd of August and I sent them right away both documents with the signature of the dean and with the 3D stamp of CSDM and they received them on august 23rd according to my tracking code from Canada post, and on my attestation de reussite it clearly states that the whole study program was completely instructed in french, at the time that I applied the requirements for french where the french tests or to provide a proof like the attestation de reussite saying that the program was entirely in french.

Original ou copie certifiée conforme, par le bureau du registraire, du relevé de notes final
attestant la réussite d’un programme d’études admissible au PEQ, effectué entièrement en français
au Québec (incluant le mémoire de maîtrise et la thèse de doctorat, le cas échéant) ;

as stipulated in my original application, so that's what I provided, I did not provided any other test scores as proof but from what I've read in forums Immigration is really strict on the french proficiency even double checking score with CCIP, I've read from people having their scores lowered from B2 to B1 and getting refused.

So I'm getting worried that my application will be delayed or set for further investigation or an interview because I didn't even sent tests scores also I have a job offer waiting for me that is not going to be there for much long and I can lose that opportunity.

Today is September 17th and I have not got a response from immigration, I called them last Friday 14th and they told my that they received the two last letters that I sent and that there was no estimated time for a decision, and from what I've read online there are some delays aside from that I have not received any other letters from MIDI so I don't know the status of my application, I want to call them today to see if I can get more answers.

Thanks for all the great Information!

Immstu

Champion Member
Jul 31, 2017
Hi I wanted to share my experience here, reading all of the experiences here makes me really worried about my application my nationality is Mexican and my first language is Spanish and this is my situation right now.

I did a DEP in Soutien Informatique (1800), 1 year and a half of full time study, my initial application was sent on march, with the status of

(Étudiant étranger ou étudiante étrangère prévoyant obtenir son diplôme ou son attestation de réussite dans les six prochains mois),

I received a letter to provide them with my attestation of reussite and the releve des notes final before the 23rd of October 2018, I finished my study program on August 3th, and asked for this two last documents, received them on the 22nd of August and I sent them right away both documents with the signature of the dean and with the 3D stamp of CSDM and they received them on august 23rd according to my tracking code from Canada post, and on my attestation de reussite it clearly states that the whole study program was completely instructed in french, at the time that I applied the requirements for french where the french tests or to provide a proof like the attestation de reussite saying that the program was entirely in french.

Original ou copie certifiée conforme, par le bureau du registraire, du relevé de notes final
attestant la réussite d’un programme d’études admissible au PEQ, effectué entièrement en français
au Québec (incluant le mémoire de maîtrise et la thèse de doctorat, le cas échéant) ;

as stipulated in my original application, so that's what I provided, I did not provided any other test scores as proof but from what I've read in forums Immigration is really strict on the french proficiency even double checking score with CCIP, I've read from people having their scores lowered from B2 to B1 and getting refused.

So I'm getting worried that my application will be delayed or set for further investigation or an interview because I didn't even sent tests scores also I have a job offer waiting for me that is not going to be there for much long and I can lose that opportunity.

Today is September 17th and I have not got a response from immigration, I called them last Friday 14th and they told my that they received the two last letters that I sent and that there was no estimated time for a decision, and from what I've read online there are some delays aside from that I have not received any other letters from MIDI so I don't know the status of my application, I want to call them today to see if I can get more answers.

Thanks for all the great Information!
Sad to hear your story.

Don't stress out as it might take some delay but you will be allright in the end as your nationality is
not in the target group of MIDI. You were just a random pick to show that MIDI doesn't discriminate.
MIDI knows for spanish speaking people French is easy and it's right as well.

All the best

Ruscoe24

Feb 18, 2018
Hey mate, that is just horrible, but not surprising in the least - same thing happened to me. Have you tried filing a complaint to the Protecteur du Citoiyen? They may be able to help you given your situation and the way MIDI treated you. What is your nationality just out of interest? I am trying to work out if there is a pattern related to this

Jennso

Sep 17, 2018
Sad to hear your story.

Don't stress out as it might take some delay but you will be allright in the end as your nationality is
not in the target group of MIDI. You were just a random pick to show that MIDI doesn't discriminate.
MIDI knows for spanish speaking people French is easy and it's right as well.

All the best
Hi everyone

I just wanted to give an update on my file, I just received my CSQ today exactly 20 days, On the letter It says that It was delivered on the 18 of September but I received it in the mail today the 21st of September.

Reactions: Immstu

Immstu

Champion Member
Jul 31, 2017
Hi everyone

I just wanted to give an update on my file, I just received my CSQ today exactly 20 days, On the letter It says that It was delivered on the 18 of September but I received it in the mail today the 21st of September.
Congratulations. I told you before that you are random pick by MIDI to show their "All are equal" strategy. Very few in the target crackdown group succeed in getting csq.

All the best in your next journey

Feri12

Aug 9, 2018
Hi there,
I applied for CSQ through PEQ. After almost 3 weeks I received the letter saying that my application needs deeper investigation. Is it a definite sign of an interview? I had followed French courses eligible for PEQ at university.
Merci