+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PEQ application delay for CSQ 2018

niloufar1171

Sep 6, 2017
my timeline:
applied for peq as graduate student on 8th.
recieved at 9th of july
accepted and sent by regular mail on 6th Aug
waiting for canada post ....

Immstu

Champion Member
Jul 31, 2017
tefaq.
Do you have any idea how many days I have to wait for the mail? it is suppose to be only 2 business day.
As your previous comment isn't very clear, can you please tell when you received AOR or the date that MIDI received it. I hope it was before 10th July.

niloufar1171

Sep 6, 2017
As your previous comment isn't very clear, can you please tell when you received AOR or the date that MIDI received it. I hope it was before 10th July.
They received it at 9th july.
Law was executed at 10th of July so they proceed and accept me within 4 weeks. On phone they said it is sent on 6th of Aug .Now I am waiting for the hard copy to arrive by mail, It is 7 business days that I am still waiting for a regular mail to arrive at my address.

Immstu

Champion Member
Jul 31, 2017
They received it at 9th july.
Law was executed at 10th of July so they proceed and accept me within 4 weeks. On phone they said it is sent on 6th of Aug .Now I am waiting for the hard copy to arrive by mail, It is 7 business days that I am still waiting for a regular mail to arrive at my address.
So your csq is approved and you are waiting on hardcopy only. Sometimes it takes 2-3 weeks for hardcopy to arrive. All the best

harvijay1001

May 23, 2016
App. Filed.......
27-10-2016
Thought I'd share my torturous tale of CSQ here for those who might go through the same thing.

Mid April:
Submitted Application under PEQ-Graduate with Concordia's level 6 certification having scores 94,90,96,90 (I began at CEFR 325 directly since I already knew a bit of French)

May 1st Week:
Received a letter informing me of a delay due to a more thorough documentation verification (the excuse for an interview)

May 21st:
MIDI sent a letter inviting me for a French interview which I never received, nor did I receive an email. Thankfully I'd called them on May 30th to follow up and I was informed I have an interview 5 days later (WTF!)

June 4th:
The interview went mostly well when we discussed what I do, what I studied,my role and my duties at work, life back home in India, how did I learn French. F'd up a little bit when she asked me about Indian politics which is a difficult topic and I had to be cautious not to expose my hatred for right-wing politics considering the current QC govt is quite right-wing too. So I wasn't sure whether I passed or not.

June 21st:
Receive a letter and an e-mail inviting me for another interview (Double WTFFFFF!). I thought maybe I've failed by half a point so they're giving me another chance.

July 4th:
I show up for the interview and the guy remarks how strange that my 2nd application got processed so fast to which I replied it is my 1st application. He goes back into the office and clarifies things for about 15 minutes returning to tell me that it was a mistake and that I had already cleared the interview and to go back home and wait for a decision. (Could MIDI BE more incompetent?)

July 21st:
Receive a letter asking for final transcripts, certified copy of diploma (documents which I'd already sent with the initial application). Whatever, I submitted them within 5 days.

August 16th:
I call them up to follow up when they tell me that the CSQ is issued and I should receive it in the post.

I wanna believe that this is the end of "la misere" but I will wait to confirm that they haven't F'd up my name or other details on the CSQ. Or worse, if I magically don't receive it in the post again.

Thank you for coming to my TED talk!

Immstu

Champion Member
Jul 31, 2017
Thought I'd share my torturous tale of CSQ here for those who might go through the same thing.

Mid April:
Submitted Application under PEQ-Graduate with Concordia's level 6 certification having scores 94,90,96,90 (I began at CEFR 325 directly since I already knew a bit of French)

May 1st Week:
Received a letter informing me of a delay due to a more thorough documentation verification (the excuse for an interview)

May 21st:
MIDI sent a letter inviting me for a French interview which I never received, nor did I receive an email. Thankfully I'd called them on May 30th to follow up and I was informed I have an interview 5 days later (WTF!)

June 4th:
The interview went mostly well when we discussed what I do, what I studied,my role and my duties at work, life back home in India, how did I learn French. F'd up a little bit when she asked me about Indian politics which is a difficult topic and I had to be cautious not to expose my hatred for right-wing politics considering the current QC govt is quite right-wing too. So I wasn't sure whether I passed or not.

June 21st:
Receive a letter and an e-mail inviting me for another interview (Double WTFFFFF!). I thought maybe I've failed by half a point so they're giving me another chance.

July 4th:
I show up for the interview and the guy remarks how strange that my 2nd application got processed so fast to which I replied it is my 1st application. He goes back into the office and clarifies things for about 15 minutes returning to tell me that it was a mistake and that I had already cleared the interview and to go back home and wait for a decision. (Could MIDI BE more incompetent?)

July 21st:
Receive a letter asking for final transcripts, certified copy of diploma (documents which I'd already sent with the initial application). Whatever, I submitted them within 5 days.

August 16th:
I call them up to follow up when they tell me that the CSQ is issued and I should receive it in the post.

I wanna believe that this is the end of "la misere" but I will wait to confirm that they haven't F'd up my name or other details on the CSQ. Or worse, if I magically don't receive it in the post again.

Congratulations moreso being from the target group that MIDI loves to refuse. 4 months of nightmare over. Reinforces my view about cert class scores having no value.

Thanks for coming back here with all the minute details.

Good luck with your csq and PR application which I see is another 2 year journey. Quebec loves french speaking refugees more than skilled labor.

All the best

ncat99

Jan 22, 2019

Mid April:

May 1st Week:

May 21st:

June 4th:

June 21st:

July 4th:

July 21st:

August 16th:

Congrats on completing the first level of this catch up game.
Next LEVEL: Federal stage, current processing time is 22 months.
The right wing CAQ government has cut economic immigrants quota by 20%.

Immstu

Champion Member
Jul 31, 2017
Congrats on completing the first level of this catch up game.
Next LEVEL: Federal stage, current processing time is 22 months.
The right wing CAQ government has cut economic immigrants quota by 20%.
Next year onwards quota increasing back again. CAQ has no clue of what they are doing. They will messup Quebec completely

Mouftaou

Jul 17, 2020
Hello everyone!
I quit my PhD program to complete a master's degree in the same department and same university. However, I did not change my CAQ (Quebec Acceptance Certificate). Apparently a new CAQ is required for such a change. I was not aware of that and the university did not ask for it. So, I completed my masters studies with the initial PhD CAQ. I have also applied for and got Post Graduation Work Permit.
However, will my application for CSQ (Quebec Selection Certificate) be rejected for this reason? Please, if anyone has gone through this, kindly tell me how it went for you. Thanks a lot.

Immstu

Champion Member
Jul 31, 2017
Hello everyone!
I quit my PhD program to complete a master's degree in the same department and same university. However, I did not change my CAQ (Quebec Acceptance Certificate). Apparently a new CAQ is required for such a change. I was not aware of that and the university did not ask for it. So, I completed my masters studies with the initial PhD CAQ. I have also applied for and got Post Graduation Work Permit.
However, will my application for CSQ (Quebec Selection Certificate) be rejected for this reason? Please, if anyone has gone through this, kindly tell me how it went for you. Thanks a lot.
Disclaimer - Not gone through it, not an expert.

Every University has expert staff who advises when you make such a move. Pgwp has no relationship with caq or csq.

Logically speaking, you were in the same University but doing a different course to the one in your caq. If you jump institute and do a different course then you certainly need a new caq. My assumption is that you should be fine with this. Have you tried speaking to education counselor at your University? Lawyers - You can book a consultation. It may cost you approximately $ 200 but you can prepare your file and then ask them to vet it. You would get a genuine advice at far lesser money than hiring them for your application.
All the best

Mouftaou

Jul 17, 2020
Disclaimer - Not gone through it, not an expert.

Every University has expert staff who advises when you make such a move. Pgwp has no relationship with caq or csq.

Logically speaking, you were in the same University but doing a different course to the one in your caq. If you jump institute and do a different course then you certainly need a new caq. My assumption is that you should be fine with this. Have you tried speaking to education counselor at your University? Lawyers - You can book a consultation. It may cost you approximately $ 200 but you can prepare your file and then ask them to vet it. You would get a genuine advice at far lesser money than hiring them for your application.
All the best
Thank you for your response. I really appreciate it.
Yes. Generally, the university is aware and forces students to get a new CAQ immediately when they switch from PhD to MA. And they wouldn't allow you to study until you get that new CAQ. But for some strange reason, my case went unnoticed and I pursued my MA just normal and graduated. I realized a new CAQ was required just a few days ago as I was having a conversation with a friend.
I was so scared and I spoke to the immigration advisors at my university. They said there will be no problem for me with the CSQ since I have already earned my degree. They said in the worst case the university will just be fined by the Quebec Immigration for letting me study without a new CAQ. I as a student should be okay, they said.
I am just being skeptical with what they said and wanted to get assurance from students who might have gone through the same situation and got their CSQ.

Immstu

Champion Member
Jul 31, 2017
Thank you for your response. I really appreciate it.
Yes. Generally, the university is aware and forces students to get a new CAQ immediately when they switch from PhD to MA. And they wouldn't allow you to study until you get that new CAQ. But for some strange reason, my case went unnoticed and I pursued my MA just normal and graduated. I realized a new CAQ was required just a few days ago as I was having a conversation with a friend.
I was so scared and I spoke to the immigration advisors at my university. They said there will be no problem for me with the CSQ since I have already earned my degree. They said in the worst case the university will just be fined by the Quebec Immigration for letting me study without a new CAQ. I as a student should be okay, they said.
I am just being skeptical with what they said and wanted to get assurance from students who might have gone through the same situation and got their CSQ.
My assumption is that you may sail through unnoticed.

Prepare your peq file yourself. Get it vetted at Nadia Barrou or David Chalk office. Won't cost you more than $ 250, I assume.

Apply asap if you qualify, as student csq quota is only almost half till now. You may get your csq before Christmas.

All the best.

Mouftaou

Jul 17, 2020
My assumption is that you may sail through unnoticed.

Prepare your peq file yourself. Get it vetted at Nadia Barrou or David Chalk office. Won't cost you more than $ 250, I assume.

Apply asap if you qualify, as student csq quota is only almost half till now. You may get your csq before Christmas.

All the best.
Thanks a lot for your advice. I really appreciate it
I will do as you said and contact Nadia Barrou. Thanks again