+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Follow this process to get information from MIDI about your CSQ application (similar to GCMS Notes)

cherti

Aug 25, 2015
Category........
QSW
When it comes to immigration, MIDI of Quebec is infamous with their lack of transparency in their selection process. MIDI is a government organization and bureaucracy plays a huge role in their operations. We have seen various instances where MIDI have failed miserably and now there are class action suits against them.

Since MIDI is perceived to be a black box, no one really knows (atleast I didnt) how to get information out of MIDI about your application status.Traditionally everyone calls their customer service and gets to hear the same reply "Wait".or they login to Mon Project and see their status. This is all what you can know about your file up until now.

I have done some research on utilizing an "Act respecting Access to documents". Think of it as GCMS notes equivalent at the Federal level.When you ask for your information with this method, they cannot get rude or play their bureaucracy games, because they are legally bound to give out this information within 30 days.

This is what the law is about in short:
https://www.educaloi.qc.ca/en/capsules/access-documents-public-bodies
In 1982, a Quebec law called the Act respecting Access to documents held by public bodies and the Protection of personal information was adopted. Since then, organizations in the public sector have had to give citizens access to certain kinds of information.

Many countries have this kind of law.
In US, its called FOIA, Freedom of Information Act.
In India, its called RTI , Right to Information

Recently someone asked for number of CSQs issued by years and MIDI provided them with the information because they are legally bound to provide it within 30 days.

Here is the full link to the PDF. And its from MIDI's own website where they are legally bound to publish it for the public, this proves it's authentic, transparent & verifiable.

http://www.midi.gouv.qc.ca/publications/fr/ministere/acces-information/14142_lettre.pdf

From the above PDF its clear that they have a huge backlog and they have cut down processing applications in 2017 and 2018 as compared to 2016. So expect huge delays, unless they do something about this problem.

Here is the link where anyone can ask for information. Since most applicants do not know French, no one knows or bothers to ask MIDI. It is something equivalent of GCMS notes in Express Entry. You can ask MIDI about the notes on your file and all the information related to it. Again, its in French so that many people don't know how to use it. Take some effort, use a translator and do it if you really want to know about your file.

Steps:

1. Introduction: http://www.midi.gouv.qc.ca/fr/ministere/acces-protection-info/index.html
2. Various forms to get information about your CSQ Application or general CSQ statistics http://www.midi.gouv.qc.ca/fr/formulaires.html
3. The exact PDF to order your CSQ information http://www.midi.gouv.qc.ca/publications/fr/ministere/acces-information/Acces-Renseignements-dyn.pdf

FAQs
----

1. Can I ask information about my CSQ application.

Yes ! Dont forget to quote your CSQ file number and all the correct information and your contact information for them to reply.

2. Can non Canadian citizens and non-residents apply for this ?

Yes, because its your file, it doesnt matter if you are not a citizen or non-resident. They are bound to give information to you.

3. Can I ask any other information ?

It depends, you cannot ask for other people's personal information, or something they are not legally required to give. They will mention it in the reply if they cannot give it.

4. What are some examples of information that people have asked for ?

Many types, here is the full PDFs of information that people have asked for. ( No personal information files are here as they are only given to the person who asks for it, like gcms notes are given only to you.)
But all the public information about MIDI's process is published here. Its just that you need some patience to go thru the documents.

All PDFs can be accessed here:

http://www.midi.gouv.qc.ca/publications/fr/ministere/acces-information/

5. Will it affect my application in anyway like slow it down ?

No, they cannot do anything to your application like slow it down or speed it up if you ask for information. You can know if anything is wrong with your file and take corrective actions, there by speeding up your process.

So, go ahead and order your information from MIDI and know the exact status of your file rather than the uncertainty & stress.This process much easier and authentic than asking "updates" and comparing other applicant's timelines with yours.

Finally, I am not a lawyer and this is not legal advice.

Don't forget to spread this information and like this post if you found this information useful :)

Last edited:

s-ingh

Star Member
Feb 6, 2018
When it comes to immigration, MIDI of Quebec is infamous with their lack of transparency in their selection process. MIDI is a government organization and bureaucracy plays a huge role in their operations. We have seen various instances where MIDI have failed miserably and now there are class action suits against them.

Since MIDI is perceived to be a black box, no one really knows (atleast I didnt) how to get information out of MIDI about your application status.Traditionally everyone calls their customer service and gets to hear the same reply "Wait".or they login to Mon Project and see their status. This is all what you can know about your file up until now.

I have done some research on utilizing an "Act respecting Access to documents". Think of it as GCMS notes equivalent at the Federal level.When you ask for your information with this method, they cannot get rude or play their bureaucracy games, because they are legally bound to give out this information within 30 days.

In 1982, a Quebec law called the Act respecting Access to documents held by public bodies and the Protection of personal information was adopted. Since then, organizations in the public sector have had to give citizens access to certain kinds of information.

Recently someone asked for number of CSQs issued by years and MIDI provided them with the information because they are legally bound to provide it within 30 days.

Here is the full link to the PDF. And its from MIDI's own website where they are legally bound to publish it for the public, this proves it's authentic, transparent & verifiable.

http://www.midi.gouv.qc.ca/publications/fr/ministere/acces-information/14142_lettre.pdf

From the above PDF its clear that they have a huge backlog and they have cut down processing applications in 2017 and 2018 as compared to 2016. So expect huge delays, unless they do something about this problem.

Here is the link where anyone can ask for information. Since most applicants do not know French, no one knows or bothers to ask MIDI. It is something equivalent of GCMS notes in Express Entry. You can ask MIDI about the notes on your file and all the information related to it. Again, its in French so that many people don't know how to use it. Take some effort, use a translator and do it if you really want to know about your file.

Steps:

1. Introduction: http://www.midi.gouv.qc.ca/fr/ministere/acces-protection-info/index.html
2. Various forms to get information about your CSQ Application or general CSQ statistics http://www.midi.gouv.qc.ca/fr/formulaires.html
3. The exact PDF to order your CSQ information http://www.midi.gouv.qc.ca/publications/fr/ministere/acces-information/Acces-Renseignements-dyn.pdf

FAQs
----

Yes ! Dont forget to quote your CSQ file number and all the correct information and your contact information for them to reply.

Yes, because its your file, it doesnt matter if you are not a citizen or non-resident. They are bound to give information to you.

It depends, you cannot ask for other people's personal information, or something they are not legally required to give. They will mention it in the reply if they cannot give it.

Many types, here is the full PDFs of information that people have asked for. ( No personal information files are here as they are only given to the person who asks for it, like gcms notes are given only to you.)
But all the public information about MIDI's process is published here. Its just that you need some patience to go thru the documents.

No, they cannot do anything to your application like slow it down or speed it up if you ask for information, Canada is not a banana republic. You can know if anything is wrong with your file and take corrective actions, there by speeding up your process.

So, go ahead and order your information from MIDI and know the exact status of your file rather than the uncertainty & stress.This process much easier and authentic than asking "updates" and comparing other applicant's timelines with yours.

Don't forget to spread this information and like this post if you found this information useful :)
I appreciate your research and effort in gathering all this data. Thanks again.

Incidentally, did you get any update regarding your personal CSQ file through this act of information?

I mean to say any additional information other than the one got by calling a customer service agent or by checking the mon project file status online.

Anyway if it seems a personal question you please feel free not to answer it.

cherti

Aug 25, 2015
Category........
QSW
I appreciate your research and effort in gathering all this data. Thanks again.

Incidentally, did you get any update regarding your personal CSQ file through this act of information?

I mean to say any additional information other than the one got by calling a customer service agent or by checking the mon project file status online.

Anyway if it seems a personal question you please feel free not to answer it.
I did this recently and I know the notes/remarks on my file exactly rather than waiting years & years and its a lost cause for me as they have screwed up the application. I am a temporary skilled worker in Quebec with an Engineering Degree and work experience of 12 years. From the looks of it, its not enough for Quebec to process my file in priority stream. So I have raised an Ombudsman complaint against MIDI.

Consequently, I have applied & received Express Entry ITA and moving out of Quebec soon because Quebec is not keen on attracting or retaining skilled workers.

It was a huge mistake on my part coming to Quebec to work in the first place without proper research about Quebec's immigration & language idiosyncrasies.

manik1203

Star Member
Feb 21, 2018
I did this recently and I know the notes/remarks on my file exactly rather than waiting years & years and its a lost cause for me as they have screwed up the application. I am a temporary skilled worker in Quebec with an Engineering Degree and work experience of 12 years. From the looks of it, its not enough for Quebec to process my file in priority stream. So I have raised an Ombudsman complaint against MIDI.

Consequently, I have applied & received Express Entry ITA and moving out of Quebec soon because Quebec is not keen on attracting or retaining skilled workers.

It was a huge mistake on my part coming to Quebec to work in the first place without proper research about Quebec's immigration & language idiosyncrasies.
Hi,

Can we apply for express entry while CSQ is in process.

cherti

Aug 25, 2015
Category........
QSW
Hi,

Can we apply for express entry while CSQ is in process.
Yes you can with certain caveats. There are other threads discussing that in this forum.
Please ask questions related to the context of this thread.

quebecRN

Star Member
Feb 12, 2017
Now 22199 files waiting for treatment ???. Then what about paper old application ???? How long it will take to complete ?

cherti

Aug 25, 2015
Category........
QSW
Now 22199 files waiting for treatment ???. Then what about paper old application ???? How long it will take to complete ?
Probably that's the total count including paper. Someone have to petition them to get the right numbers, like ask them

"How many paper based applications are pending as of today by country" ?

If you really have time, you can go thru the pdfs here http://www.midi.gouv.qc.ca/publications/fr/ministere/acces-information and it will probably have documents which has paper application backlog counts as well as many eye opening informations about MIDIs process.

goodboy97

Feb 12, 2017
Montreal, Canada
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
App. Filed.......
26-05-2017
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
15-08-2017
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
NA
Interview........
Not Required
Hi Altruists,

According to the GCMS notes, what does "Due Date" mean? Thanks in Advance

cherti

Aug 25, 2015
Category........
QSW
I have an update about this. Sorry for posting this late, but someone asked about what happened to my information request recently.

I got the response within 2 weeks from MIDI after I asked for it.

Steps:

FAQs
----

No, they cannot do anything to your application like slow it down or speed it up if you ask for information. You can know if anything is wrong with your file and take corrective actions, there by speeding up your process.

Surprisingly they responded fast to this access to information request and I exactly know where my case stands.

See the attached screenshots of how I made the request and the response they gave. Maybe I should have asked more information. It was an experiment and it worked. I will ask more information next time. So here is to all the skeptics and naysayers who are reluctant to contact MIDI fearing it will have detrimental effect on your application. There isn't such a thing. Its your right to know and they will give it to you. Its just that you have to ask.

Last edited:

monyao

Star Member
Aug 1, 2017
I have an update about this process.

So here is an update about this process. Surprisingly they responded fast to this access to information request and I exactly know where my case stands.

See the attached screenshots of how I made the request and the response they gave. Maybe I should have asked more information. It was an experiment and it worked. I will ask more information next time. So here is to all the skeptics and naysayers who are reluctant to contact MIDI fearing it will have detrimental effect on your application. There isn't such a thing. Its your right to know and they will give it to you. Its just that you have to ask.

That's a precious research you've done. Thank you very much for the post.
From my very limited French, does it mean that your files are completed and maybe soon you'll have your CSQ?
And what's exactly LP & MAJ mean?

cherti

Aug 25, 2015
Category........
QSW
That's a precious research you've done. Thank you very much for the post.
From my very limited French, does it mean that your files are completed and maybe soon you'll have your CSQ?
And what's exactly LP & MAJ mean?
I also do not know French. I am planning to ask a colleague of mine about what all those means.

It doesn't mean my files are completed, I think they took it to examine from some physical storage.

Since I am not pursuing my CSQ anymore and have applied Express Entry , I didn't bother to understand what all those status means.

mbkingsnake

Oct 23, 2017
Good afternoon,

I followed the instructions on this thread for myself, and received a communication from the MIDI already.

I submitted the request for information form, alongside documentation, and after 8 working days I received a letter from MIDI acknowledging they received my request.

I hope this adds to the communal knowledge bank. I will post more as I receive more from the MIDI

Thanks all,

Reactions: s-ingh and cherti

cherti

Aug 25, 2015
Category........
QSW
Good afternoon,

I followed the instructions on this thread for myself, and received a communication from the MIDI already.

I submitted the request for information form, alongside documentation, and after 8 working days I received a letter from MIDI acknowledging they received my request.

I hope this adds to the communal knowledge bank. I will post more as I receive more from the MIDI

Thanks all,
If possible, please post back your redacted results like I did, so that we have an idea about your processing status.

s-ingh

Star Member
Feb 6, 2018
Good afternoon,

Thanks all,
Thanks for sharing the information.