+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

serious_cheese

Aug 29, 2019
Hello my parents file is in NDVO. No movement. Waiting for PCC and medical. I have pro-actively requested PCC in Feb. It will expire in August ( 6 months after). Since there is no request for PCC and expiry timeline is looming shall I send the PCC to delhi immigration email without request just to take a chance they may accept and it do not request in future?
yes you can do that. i did that for my application.

Nataliy

Jul 16, 2019
Good morning, have a question for the lawyers here.
yesterday i took my father to Service Ontario for the G1 test. The lady in the entrance told we cannot go together and he need to go by himself and if he need he can call me from there and ask to help with translation. He doesn't speak English at all and this situation added to the stress of the exam. I remember, long time ago, when we just came to Canada, someone told me it is a law, to allow translator in government services. I tried to google it and find only about the court settings.
Can someone point me out for this. I guess we all need to go with our parents to different places and it very stressful for them.

thank you in advance

• Sad
Reactions: imm2019

kkim604

Apr 27, 2010
Vancouver
Visa Office......
Korea
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
[QUOTE="kkim604, post: 8734933, member:

Can we request for 1 year extension of Visitor visa for the first time or it needs to be extended every 6 months?
[/QUOTE]

you can request 1 year at a time.
I've tried requesting 2 years at one time but they only approved 1 year

naticom

Jul 4, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-04-2016
Doc's Request.
27-07-2016 RCMP
AOR Received.
AOR1 26-04-2016 AOR2 14-06-2016
File Transfer...
06-06-2016
I sent a status inquiry through webform on Monday and surprisingly I received a response with CIC agent. Although he didn’t give me too much useful info at least they seem to function now

wxhzk

Star Member
Aug 13, 2015
[/QUOTE]
If you apply 2 years extension, does it mean super visa? Do you need to buy insurance?

respect2019

Jan 29, 2019
Hello to all

My parents will be travelling from India in mid august as they have received COPR.
Can anyone please help me what documents and paperwork do they need at the airport ?

nayr69sg

Champion Member
Apr 13, 2017
Please do not take a taxi for your parents. Think about all the passengers that taxi driver will be driving all day and the next 14 days.
Follow the advised recommendations even if they are inconvenient for you and minimize who your parents come in contact upon arrival.
I agree. When I meant leave a car I meant an actual car not a taxi. My father would have to drive that car himself.

I would say though that the "advised recommendations" are extremely vague. Yes it does say things like avoid public transport eg bus and taxis but it also says that they should minimize getting into contact with anyone.

So the only way that can work is if the parents drive themselves home in a vehicle. Correct? What if the parents cannot drive?

Anyway this is the kind of half hearted type "plans" that the government comes up with. The devil is in details. It is easy to talk big about broad principles and ideals.

kulb

Feb 11, 2018
Hello did u get this through ? apparently my application is stuck because of this ..
I reached out to Ministry of Children, Community and Social Services, my MPP and MP.
Hello did u get this through ? apparently my application is stuck because of this ..
Read my experience here

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/parents-and-grandparents-sponsorship-2019.611761/page-2280#post-8439945

kulb

Feb 11, 2018
I sent a status inquiry through webform on Monday and surprisingly I received a response with CIC agent. Although he didn’t give me too much useful info at least they seem to function now
Same here....sent a status inquiry via web form on Monday and got a response today. So yes the web form team is working for sure.

Hamied

Feb 20, 2016
If you apply 2 years extension, does it mean super visa? Do you need to buy insurance?
[/QUOTE]
Since insurance is mandatory for supervisa, I assume that you would need it for extension as well. I extended insurance on both occasions. You may try without insurance; they might ask you if they need it, and you can then provide it. However, insurance is very important for the well being of the parent. One night at the hospital may cost you $5.000/-. So, I would suggest taking the insurance for extension.

Reactions: wxhzk