+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
That's why people who has flown across the world should be screened by the government to test if they have covid along the way. The parents do not have to strip if the government get people screened in the first place. For taxi, both driver and passengers should wear mask properly (covering just the chin is not acceptable).

People who has flown across the world is not necessary likely covid along the way. A relative of mine recently traveled from YVR to Hong Kong and was tested upon arrival and proceeded to the quarantine place after being told the result was negative.

Furthermore, they should follow Hong Kong example require people from high risk countries such as Pakistan and India to obtain Nucleic acid amplification testing within 72 hours before the flight (to ensure they don't have covid).
I said exposed to covid. Taxi and Uber drivers will only accept you as a passenger if you are wearing a mask and you don’t sit up front of behind them. It is very hard to test people in transit. Getting a test result a few days before means the test is essentially obsolete by the time you fly. Stripping once you enter your quarantine location is to keep the germs out of your quarantine environment. Most hospital workers do the same.

Anne21

Star Member
Jun 28, 2020
Any updates on Manila Visa Office?

I ordered GCSM notes, on ASSESSMENT it says
Eligibility: Passed
Criminality: Passed
Medical: Passed
Info Sharing: Complete

On the NOTES section the recent update was Feb 24, Outstanding: IME result.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017

newandold

Jan 30, 2017
Finally I received PPR from Warsaw visa office today, but the problem is that my mom is in Canada. Was anybody in such situation? Should I email passports or what is the process now? I was expecting to receive a letter that she is a PR already. During the all process she was in Canada and her address was in Canada address in IRCC files too.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Finally I received PPR from Warsaw visa office today, but the problem is that my mom is in Canada. Was anybody in such situation? Should I email passports or what is the process now? I was expecting to receive a letter that she is a PR already. During the all process she was in Canada and her address was in Canada address in IRCC files too.
You must reply back to the that she is actually in Canada not abroad.

newandold

Jan 30, 2017
You must reply back to the that she is actually in Canada not abroad.
I emailed 2 days ago to Warsaw office and advised that she is in Canada and will stay in Canada at least for a year, and wrote that what I can expect, they advised that I'll receive PPR with instructions. Now where should I email for future instructions?

robertp

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2019
Canada
congratulation...
please share your DM2 date ( Decision made for PR application)

IheartCanada

Jun 4, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks, Did you submit any supporting documents for the reason of extension? I want to see if pandemic is enough as a reason of extension
no particular reasons, just visiting family.
supporting documents, med test if required and we have bank account under their names, and submitted bank statement to show they have enough money to stay 1 year.
[/QUOTE]
Sorry, I'm a bit confused. My parents are here on visitor visa not super visa. Can I still apply for one year extension?

Tangguoer

Star Member
Jun 10, 2020
Follow the ppr, send the passport to Ottawa

TYCanada

Jul 24, 2020
I agree. When I meant leave a car I meant an actual car not a taxi. My father would have to drive that car himself.

I would say though that the "advised recommendations" are extremely vague. Yes it does say things like avoid public transport eg bus and taxis but it also says that they should minimize getting into contact with anyone.

So the only way that can work is if the parents drive themselves home in a vehicle. Correct? What if the parents cannot drive?

Anyway this is the kind of half hearted type "plans" that the government comes up with. The devil is in details. It is easy to talk big about broad principles and ideals.
It is very difficult for government to legislate for common sense. We should be thankful that government is allowing parents to land even if they are coming from Corona mis-managed countries. They could have easily said that parents will be allowed only once corona vaccine is out and parents are vaccinated. That would have been a very valid policy but government is humane enough not to insist on the same.

nayr69sg

Champion Member
Apr 13, 2017
It is very difficult for government to legislate for common sense. We should be thankful that government is allowing parents to land even if they are coming from Corona mis-managed countries. They could have easily said that parents will be allowed only once corona vaccine is out and parents are vaccinated. That would have been a very valid policy but government is humane enough not to insist on the same.
Vague policies have been the cause for the spread of covid 19.

As we speak the number of cases all across Canada continues to climb.

Common sense is no longer applicable in today's world where we see people making protests and vandalism in the name of their "common sense". I am loathe to rely on "common sense" these days. In fact I would say common sense is generally bad. Too many people are more concerned with their personal benefits and gains and can't be bothered about other people. The world has changed.

In any case it does look like there is a bit of disagreement from the "common sense" side of things as to whether taking a taxi is appropriate and safe for asymptomatic travelers arriving in Canada.

I would prefer that travelers not take taxis because a taxi driver is going to be taking several different people as passengers throughout the day and week. This means that the potential for spread is going to be there if the driver caught covid-19.

Private vehicles would be the best way. Again choosing who drives the private vehicle would be important as well. preferably someone who is not likely to be in contact with many people in the next 14 days.

So I am not going to be using taxis for my parents. The safest is still to have them drive themselves to the site for isolation.

Last edited:

kkim604

Apr 27, 2010
Vancouver
Visa Office......
Korea
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
no particular reasons, just visiting family.
supporting documents, med test if required and we have bank account under their names, and submitted bank statement to show they have enough money to stay 1 year.
Sorry, I'm a bit confused. My parents are here on visitor visa not super visa. Can I still apply for one year extension?
[/QUOTE]

yes, visitor or super visa, process is same, super visa just a piece of paper that say this person "may" stay up to 2 years.
ultimately it's up to the person making the decision at CIC, if they believe your parents have financial support to stay longer, and not work illegally, they will most likely approve. Especially in times like this.
They can apply and continue to stay, even if visa is expired, until decision is made. Since everything is very slow right now, I'm guessing it will take more than few months to get an extension.

geol

Dec 18, 2014
I didn't book any tickets yet but I am thinking to book it in mid of august.
I did talk to emirates and they said that there are chances of international flights start again in first week of august.
No, it’s not true. I have cancelled Emirates ticket for 13th Aug. Yesterday I enquired with Etihad and they said probably after 15th Aug but not sure. Once you cancel the ticket refund takes more than 60 days.