Jun 4, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
you can request 1 year at a time.
I've tried requesting 2 years at one time but they on
I've tried requesting 2 years at one time but they only approved 1 year
[/QUOTE]
Thanks, Did you submit any supporting documents for the reason of extension? I want to see if pandemic is enough as a reason of extension

Feb2004

Feb 27, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa (OPNP)
NOC Code......
NA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-8-2014
Nomination.....
11-8-2014
AOR Received.
29-10-2014
IELTS Request
Med's Request
31-10-2014
Med's Done....
1-12-2014
Interview........
PCC & RPRF 21-5-2015 (in process);PCC reached 4th June, RPRF paid 5th June.
Passport Req..
DM & PPR 13 Aug
VISA ISSUED...
20 Aug 2015. PP & COPR recd 26-8-2015
LANDED..........
6 Sept 2015
Hello @YULIA-2016 @robertp

Here is my recent updates

Medical request - June 9, 2020
Medical pass on June 25, 2020
Invitation pre arrival letter - July 1, 2020
Passport request letter - July 1, 2020
Passport sent on July 1, 2020
Passport returned on July 20, 2020
still waiting for COPR
Hi, what's your application received date? And, which visa office?

kkim604

Apr 27, 2010
Vancouver
Visa Office......
Korea
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I've tried requesting 2 years at one time but they on

Thanks, Did you submit any supporting documents for the reason of extension? I want to see if pandemic is enough as a reason of extension
[/QUOTE]

no particular reasons, just visiting family.
supporting documents, med test if required and we have bank account under their names, and submitted bank statement to show they have enough money to stay 1 year.

kkim604

Apr 27, 2010
Vancouver
Visa Office......
Korea
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If you apply 2 years extension, does it mean super visa? Do you need to buy insurance?
[/QUOTE]

even if you have super visa, you wont give you 2 years extension.
They never did for us, it's always 1 year when we apply for extension.
insurance is optional, they don't ask for it.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
If you apply 2 years extension, does it mean super visa? Do you need to buy insurance?
Since insurance is mandatory for supervisa, I assume that you would need it for extension as well. I extended insurance on both occasions. You may try without insurance; they might ask you if they need it, and you can then provide it. However, insurance is very important for the well being of the parent. One night at the hospital may cost you $5.000/-. So, I would suggest taking the insurance for extension.
[/QUOTE]

Insurance will be required for any supervisa extension. Agree that it is a huge risk for anyone not to have medical insurance, especially for parents, unless they have a couple extra hundred thousand dollars.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Please do not take a taxi for your parents. Think about all the passengers that taxi driver will be driving all day and the next 14 days.
Follow the advised recommendations even if they are inconvenient for you and minimize who your parents come in contact upon arrival.
Most taxis wipe down their whole car between people, wear a mask and keep the windows down when driving. If someone has just flown across the world they have been exposed to many people and likely covid along the way. The parents will need to essentially strip and go into the shower whenever they enter their quarantine location and put their clothes in a bag for washing and then wipe down all their bags. Believe @nayr69sg is a physician so her immediate family bubble can’t risk exposure if she is seeing patients.

Last edited:

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I agree. When I meant leave a car I meant an actual car not a taxi. My father would have to drive that car himself.

I would say though that the "advised recommendations" are extremely vague. Yes it does say things like avoid public transport eg bus and taxis but it also says that they should minimize getting into contact with anyone.

So the only way that can work is if the parents drive themselves home in a vehicle. Correct? What if the parents cannot drive?

Anyway this is the kind of half hearted type "plans" that the government comes up with. The devil is in details. It is easy to talk big about broad principles and ideals.
You can use taxis and ubers just not public transportation (Bus, subways, streetcar and train).

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Most taxis wipe down their whole car between people, wear a mask and keep the windows down when driving. If someone has just flown across the world they have been exposed to many people and likely covid along the way. The parents will need to essentially strip and go into the shower whoever they enter their quarantine location and put their clothes in a bag for washing and then wipe down all their bags. Believe @nayr69sg is a physician so her immediate family bubble can’t risk exposure if she is seeing patients.
That's why people who has flown across the world should be screened by the government to test if they have covid along the way. The parents do not have to strip if the government get people screened in the first place. For taxi, both driver and passengers should wear mask properly (covering just the chin is not acceptable).

People who has flown across the world is not necessary likely covid along the way. A relative of mine recently traveled from YVR to Hong Kong and was tested upon arrival and proceeded to the quarantine place after being told the result was negative.

Furthermore, they should follow Hong Kong example require people from high risk countries such as Pakistan and India to obtain Nucleic acid amplification testing within 72 hours before the flight (to ensure they don't have covid).

Last edited:

Miracles19

Jan 26, 2019
Hello Everyone, They received my application on June 11th, they asked for cosigner Option C form which I sent, till now SA in process, I ordered g notes and it showed nothing, I sent web form and they said Mississauga office still processing your file, I wonder why all that delay, some files after me already finished.

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello Everyone, They received my application on June 11th, they asked for cosigner Option C form which I sent, till now SA in process, I ordered g notes and it showed nothing, I sent web form and they said Mississauga office still processing your file, I wonder why all that delay, some files after me already finished.
Perhaps different Visa office? Or due to covid?

shovon0014

Star Member
Oct 25, 2014
Saskatoon
Visa Office......
Singapore
File Transfer...
12-06-14
Med's Request
20-10-14
Med's Done....
22-10-14
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
09-12-14
VISA ISSUED...
02-03-15
LANDED..........
04-04-15
Hello there,

Anyone here who's application being processed by Singapore Visa Office getting updates?
I haven't received any updates since June 11 2020. when they updated "Medical Pass".

Thank you

respect2019

Jan 29, 2019
Hello Everyone,
Can anyone please tell me if any of your parents recently arrived from India
and what documents you prepared or they asked at the airport..?

that would be help for me , please reply