+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

dhillozcanada22

Star Member
Jun 24, 2016
Hello everyone I got GCMS Notes and it shows FC4 Pending - SSC (social security check) Alberta - I believe they are waiting for a leter or confirmation that we never been on social assistance while we lived in alberta. How do i get it ? What can i do? Anyone in similar situation.

I would greatly appreciate it, my file has been stuck for over a year.

dhillozcanada22

Star Member
Jun 24, 2016
Important - Alberta Social Assistance:
@bdidol @robertp

I was in touch with the person who was helping me to get the Response to IRCC for Alberta social assistance.
I requested her to find a solution as there are more people stuck with the same issue from Alberta.
She told me she will bring this to her management and find a solution and she asked me if I could share the link of this forum.

Can we get people from Alberta waiting for social assistance check to reply to this post mentioning the date on which the request was sent. I know a couple of people @Smileforu and @kwgcda who are waiting SSC-AB response
I am waiting for AB Social check as well - for myself and my husband

as187

Star Member
Apr 2, 2015
Hello my parents file is in NDVO. No movement. Waiting for PCC and medical. I have pro-actively requested PCC in Feb. It will expire in August ( 6 months after). Since there is no request for PCC and expiry timeline is looming shall I send the PCC to delhi immigration email without request just to take a chance they may accept and it do not request in future?

wwww

Star Member
Apr 2, 2020
Hi,

i have a peculiar question and I would be grateful if someone can advise

My friend's mother is on super-visa in Canada and he extended her visa once.

Now due to pandemic her PCC from India is stuck and he is unable to file for her PR. Can he further extend her visa?

thanks.

charmy123

Aug 28, 2015
Hello,

I have applied for my mother in law's PR on June 20,2019. I have received the application number and a request to resubmit IMM5476. I have not received any update ever since I sent that form. when I log in online it shows the application is in progress. Should I worry about this? I know due t COVID things are super slow but the issue is she is currently in Canada on Supervisa and she will complete her 2 years on March 1st. I was under an assumption that her PR application will be hopefully completed by then but looking at the current situation it seems like that's not going to happen. Is anyone else in the same situation? If yes, Could you please suggest few options. Thank you so much in advance.

Tangguoer

Star Member
Jun 10, 2020
Hello,

I have applied for my mother in law's PR on June 20,2019. I have received the application number and a request to resubmit IMM5476. I have not received any update ever since I sent that form. when I log in online it shows the application is in progress. Should I worry about this? I know due t COVID things are super slow but the issue is she is currently in Canada on Supervisa and she will complete her 2 years on March 1st. I was under an assumption that her PR application will be hopefully completed by then but looking at the current situation it seems like that's not going to happen. Is anyone else in the same situation? If yes, Could you please suggest few options. Thank you so much in advance.
Don’t worry, this is very normal and wait for sponsorship approve firstly.

IheartCanada

Jun 4, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
[QUOTE="kkim604, post: 8734933, member:

Can we request for 1 year extension of Visitor visa for the first time or it needs to be extended every 6 months?[/QUOTE]

Last edited:

caninfoseeker

Aug 25, 2011
Toronto
Visa Office......
Sydney
Hello,

You can extend supervise within Canada

caninfoseeker

Aug 25, 2011
Toronto
Visa Office......
Sydney
I received GCMS notes today and for Biometric section it mentions, I have to redo Biometric but I don't understand as Biometric details are updated on MYCIC :
  • Biometrics Number: 00xxxxxxx0000000000000
  • Date of Biometrics Enrolment: March 19, 2020
  • Expiry Date: March 19, 2030

But under section it says
Biometrics
  • We have not received your fingerprints. Check your biometrics request message below for details.
Is this an error with CIC not updating it or will need to do Biometric again ? Please share if anyone has similar experience. Thanks
Same here. But never received any call or email to redo

Lil1111

Feb 20, 2017
I see. Ok I guess that makes it easier.

I was thinking of leaving a car at the airport for my dad to drive back home himself. But he might be too tired to drive after the long flights.
Please do not take a taxi for your parents. Think about all the passengers that taxi driver will be driving all day and the next 14 days.
Follow the advised recommendations even if they are inconvenient for you and minimize who your parents come in contact upon arrival.

Reactions: nayr69sg