+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

My landing experience at Toronto (YYZ)

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Ahh good to know. I am a born citizen hence did not have the knowledge thank u
Most of the residency requirements plus the 3 month wait periods (as you know) apply to everyone including citizens. They are trying to ensure that only tax paying residents have access to healthcare.

Kwt123

Star Member
May 15, 2018
Hey guys,
Just did my landing. Arrived to Toronto yesterday. Everything went well until the immigration officer asked me for an address. I gave her my friend's address in Manitoba. She said she cant accept it because since I was nominated by the province of Ontario, I had to give her an address in Ontario, not another province. I didnt know that . So she marked something on the COPR and gave me a form called "Address notification - Permanent residence card" and asked me to fill it in once I have an address. It is marked on the form that, once filled in, it can be either faxed to the PR card processing center, OR i can contact the PR card call center and they provide a contact number, OR access the online address notification on the CIC website.
I decided to go for the last option (CIC wrbsite) but the link provided in the form (http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/e-services/index.asp) doesnt seem to have any place where I can provide my address for the PR card.

Can you please help.

Thanks a lot

Kwt123

Star Member
May 15, 2018
Hey guys,
Just did my landing. Arrived to Toronto yesterday. Everything went well until the immigration officer asked me for an address. I gave her my friend's address in Manitoba. She said she cant accept it because since I was nominated by the province of Ontario, I had to give her an address in Ontario, not another province. I didnt know that . So she marked something on the COPR and gave me a form called "Address notification - Permanent residence card" and asked me to fill it in once I have an address. It is marked on the form that, once filled in, it can be either faxed to the PR card processing center, OR i can contact the PR card call center and they provide a contact number, OR access the online address notification on the CIC website.
I decided to go for the last option (CIC wrbsite) but the link provided in the form (http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/e-services/index.asp) doesnt seem to have any place where I can provide my address for the PR card.

Can you please help.

Thanks a lot
I forgot to mention that after what happened with the immigration officer at the airport, I've made some calls as soon as I reached the hotel, and managed to find a friend who lives in Ontario and who accepted that I use his address for my PR card.

kori_27

Star Member
Jun 4, 2018
AOR Received.
14-09-2018
Med's Done....
11-10-2018
Hey guys,

Can you please help.

Thanks a lot
So you landed on 4th of December. How's the weather btw? I am planning to land in January. But afraid of the cold.

kori_27

Star Member
Jun 4, 2018
AOR Received.
14-09-2018
Med's Done....
11-10-2018
Hey guys,

Can you please help.

Thanks a lot
And also congratulations:)

alihassan88

Nov 1, 2017
Hey guys,

Can you please help.

Thanks a lot
Congrats,

well, can this whole landing process and getting the necessary paper work together be done in 2 days ? I have to go back home to settle things before settling permanently

ECN

Dec 20, 2018
Hi Everyone,
Thanks for the detail info.

I will be going to Canada on a work permit.

I have few questions:
1. Should I say "Settler" on BSF186 form?
2. Can I select "Mover's inventory" on BSF186 and use BSF186A for goods I ship from Movers?
3. What point of time did you collect your luggage, before or after Customs? (I am planning to take one suitcase and carton box)

Thanks for your help.

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks for the detail info.

I will be going to Canada on a work permit.

I have few questions:
1. Should I say "Settler" on BSF186 form?
2. Can I select "Mover's inventory" on BSF186 and use BSF186A for goods I ship from Movers?
3. What point of time did you collect your luggage, before or after Customs? (I am planning to take one suitcase and carton box)

Thanks for your help.
1) It depends how long you intend living in Canada.
3) Before customs

arthurbr

Dec 6, 2017
Toronto
Hey guys,

Can you please help.

Thanks a lot
The safest way is to call them and inform your address. You'll wait about 30 minutes. Try to call early in the morning.

Gia Sandlas

Sep 29, 2018
Thanks for your reply. I have read somewhere PR cards can take anywhere up to 10 weeks. In that case, going out of Canada is not an option for me before PR card. Because I have to only go out for 1 week.

In this scenario it would be better for me to go to this Asian country before landing in Canada, first time. Is it a problem if I go to Malaysia or any country then land in Canada directly from there( instead of my home country India)?
Hey!
Did you get any issue of not reaching Canada direct from your home country because I might having the same concern