+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

My landing experience at Toronto (YYZ)

Discussion in 'Settlement Issues' started by RookieMistake, Oct 6, 2017.

1. I had shown only US bank statements but from India people recommend letter from bank along with statements.

"To whomsoever it may concern"

ptg89 likes this.
  2. Is it ok that the statements are from a different bank (different from the statements provided during visa process)?

3. Yes. It's OK.

ptg89 likes this.
  4. Thank you for sharing your experience. My family and I will be landing in January

5. Excellent post. Thanks so much

I just have a few questions if you hwlp out plz

1- when you said you had stated values in goods with me and goods to follow losts, what sort of items did you state values for (plz give examples of small and big items if possible)

2- how did you find a reliable airbnb?

3- since you had opened the account from india, did you transfer money at the airport or following day at branch?

4-which phone service are you using now?

Thnx

6. Hi
    Just needed to clarify
    1- is it ok to pre post stuff to a relative's place voa FedEx? In which case does it need to be declared....in what sense
    2- if stuff is reaching us later (through FedEx, not shipping) will it still need documentation from airport staff to receive it?

7. What exactex is a B4 form?

8. Hey Zayynah,

1) You may find my sample list here - https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/sample-bsf186-and-bsf186a-attached-for-ref.525057/

2) This one's tricky - I generally go for superhosts but the one I chose for this period wasn't one but turned out to be quite awesome... user reviews (and strength of those user profiles) everything from the best reviews to worst, apt/house pics, google street map views (to filter out obviously fake pics), exchange several emails/texts/chats to get an idea...
    but even after all of this it's still a chance once has to take... just that we can reduce risks as much as possible.

3) I did open my Scotia account while I was in India itself but never went through with it - landed here and walked in to the nearest TD branch and walked out in about 20 mins with the checking, savings accounts & Credit Cards (I was unemployed at the time so got one with a CAD 1,000 limit - but helped me in building a credit history.)
    Have been using TD ever since then.. no problems up until now...

4) I'm still on public mobile - no problems up until now...

Lemme know if you need anything else...

Hope you and everyone here has a wonderful time in Canada!

Tk cr.