+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

My landing experience at Toronto (YYZ)

subodhp

Jun 19, 2019
Toronto
Wonder if you could share, what was asked of you at the Immigration in India? What questions? Given that it’s a single entry visa and says immigrant on it? What are you expected to carry or show at the immigration of the departing country, in this case, India?
Just the usual stuff, truthfully answer questions for ex. Leaving for immigration, etc. Nothing out of ordinary to say the least.

21singh

Jun 12, 2017
TORONTO
Category........
NOC Code......
VISA ISSUED...
14-04-2018
LANDED..........
27-06-2018
Wonder if you could share, what was asked of you at the Immigration in India? What questions? Given that it’s a single entry visa and says immigrant on it? What are you expected to carry or show at the immigration of the departing country, in this case, India?
General questions, duration of stay, why you are going, are you carrying all relevant documents etc.
Nothing required to be shown in India except the passport & visa.

Even when I landed at Pearson airport, my experience was totally different than what I thought.
POE & CBSA officers are really good, calm & don't make you panic.
They asked about the CoPR, Passport & Visa.
Questions asked were: where you are heading to for your stay, are you carrying enough funds, do you have any items arriving later on from home country?
Even you shall be cool & be prepared with the documents, that would be pretty much of it.

Good Luck

Reactions: aleersurahio

aleersurahio

Mar 18, 2019
Everything that you are bringing into the country
Does it mean, I also need to add up shoes, jackets and watch even underwear that I will be wearing when landing? and do I only need to mention stuff that can have monetary value or within the list also mention documents and papers?

subodhp

Jun 19, 2019
Toronto
Does it mean, I also need to add up shoes, jackets and watch even underwear that I will be wearing when landing? and do I only need to mention stuff that can have monetary value or within the list also mention documents and papers?
If they are worth reporting, then yes.
You can use aggregate when you have a large collection, again if they have a collective value.

If you are trying to understand what is 'worth reporting' there are lots of threads and links posted on the forum. A good rule of the thumb is anything that causes a blip in your list overall.

Reactions: aleersurahio

aleersurahio

Mar 18, 2019
Thank you, this is very helpful.
Wondering why you didn’t go for post office mailbox, wouldn’t that be cheaper?
1) It depends how long you intend living in Canada.
3) Before customs
If you tick settlers, does this mean you can't visit back home for few weeks/months before 12 months?