+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

My landing experience at Toronto (YYZ)

aleersurahio

Mar 18, 2019
Everything that you are bringing into the country
Does it mean, I also need to add up shoes, jackets and watch even underwear that I will be wearing when landing? and do I only need to mention stuff that can have monetary value or within the list also mention documents and papers?

subodhp

Jun 19, 2019
Toronto
Does it mean, I also need to add up shoes, jackets and watch even underwear that I will be wearing when landing? and do I only need to mention stuff that can have monetary value or within the list also mention documents and papers?
If they are worth reporting, then yes.
You can use aggregate when you have a large collection, again if they have a collective value.

If you are trying to understand what is 'worth reporting' there are lots of threads and links posted on the forum. A good rule of the thumb is anything that causes a blip in your list overall.

Reactions: aleersurahio

aleersurahio

Mar 18, 2019
Thank you, this is very helpful.
Wondering why you didn’t go for post office mailbox, wouldn’t that be cheaper?
1) It depends how long you intend living in Canada.
3) Before customs
If you tick settlers, does this mean you can't visit back home for few weeks/months before 12 months?

Reactions: CheasterRobson

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi, I'm very glad that you shared with us your experience of landing in Toronto, it's very cool and I was happy to read your report. However, I have one question, and how did you get from the airport to the city and from the city to the airport? Have you used taxi services or used other vehicles to cover this distance? For example, when I travel somewhere, I think in advance about transport and how I can then get to the city, because planning a trip is very important so that I can rest comfortably and without unnecessary difficulties. Recently I also visited Canada, but unfortunately I could not order a taxi to the city as I usually do through the website http://bostonexecutivelimoservice.com where I am already registered and can order a taxi directly. This time, arriving in Toronto, I simply caught the first passing car and drove to the city, since I didn't have enough money for a taxi there.
Where in Toronto? As per my knowledge, there are train/subway and buses to some areas of GTA.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Where in Toronto? As per my knowledge, there are train/subway and buses to some areas of GTA.
That poster's probably a spammer.

At any rate, there is a train to downtown as well as buses. The official taxis and airport limos are reliable and basically safe but not cheap. There's rarely a need to wait there but once in a while there is a jam-up with the taxis and may have to wait. Really though infrequent.

Last edited:

Copingwithlife

VIP Member
Jul 29, 2018
Earth
You can take the UP train directly from Pearson to Union Station, which is around $12, from there you can transfer to the Intercity Trains , GO, or VIA, or walk next door to the TTC. If you want like the cheapest way. Head down to the bottom arrivals area , look for the Public Transportation sign , TTC, Mississauga Transit etc . From there take the Express Bus TTC to Kipling Station, hop on the subway to Bloor, transfer south to Union . That costs around $3.50. If you stay on that subway from Kipling it’ll take you all the way out to Scarborough. Only issue taking the subways etc is if you have a lot of luggage, could be heart attack inducing

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Just to add to this thread:
Landed at Toronto Pearson yesterday. The whole experience was smooth and easy. It didn't take longer than an hour (post landing to leaving the airport) the officers were very friendly - got asked some basic questions (such as past working experience and amount of money I am carrying).

Took the UP express (around 12$) to Union Toronto and then Via rail train to my final destination.
Taking the UP train is still taking public. Not sure whether talkingpublic transportation is allowed now. It was certainly not an option for most of the pandemic. In the age of omicron it is not advisable to take public transportation until you know that you have not caught omicron throughout your travels.

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Taking the UP train is still taking public. Not sure whether talkingpublic transportation is allowed now. It was certainly not an option for most of the pandemic. In the age of omicron it is not advisable to take public transportation until you know that you have not caught omicron throughout your travels.
Unless one have a private jet or other vehicle or on foot, they would still use public transportation.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Unless one have a private jet or other vehicle or on foot, they would still use public transportation.
Taxi/Uber/hired car are not considered public transportation. Most use a private car to get home from the airport either hired, their own car or have someone pick them up.

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Taxi/Uber/hired car are not considered public transportation. Most use a private car to get home from the airport either hired, their own car or have someone pick them up.
Yes, I did said "other vehicle".

There is still chance that taxi/uber/private car drivers caught the variant from passengers and then to others. Btw, the poster took VIA Rail to final destination.

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I appreciate you sharing this story. I'm very happy that you shared with us your experiences coming to Toronto It was a wonderful experience, and I was thrilled to learn about your experiences. However, I have one question: how did get across the border to your airport and also between the city and the airport? Did you use taxi services or other vehicles to cover to the other side? For me every time I travel, I create a schedule in advance for transportation options and the most efficient way to reach my destination because planning my travel plans is essential to make sure that I'm relaxed and not have any problems. Recently I also visited Canada, but unfortunately, I could not order a taxi to the city as I usually do through the website https://zlimosorlando.com/ where I am already registered and can order a taxi directly. When I last were in Toronto I simply hopped in the first car to pass and took off directly to downtown, as I didn't have enough cash to cover taxis.
Then use public transportation if you didn't have enough cash to cover taxis.