None
Passport Req..
25-07-2017
VISA ISSUED...
01-08-2017
LANDED..........
03-10-2017
Hi Everyone,

I've been receiving a few PMs regarding the BSF forms I used while landing @ YYZ so I'm attaching my samples here:

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B_9sxUTiiwEjN1Mwd3dVckV5dWs
[One wont be able to download or edit it. Its just for ref.]​

Use it as a ref and as I've mentioned before you may be asked or you may be not - YMMV.
I went prepared and was not "asked" per se but I wanted it to be on record so that I don't have to pay duty when I'm importing my "goods to follow (BSF186a)".
  1. If you're having the goods shipped:
The CBSA officer mentioned that I need to hand it over (the completed BSF186a form & the 'receipt' he printed which had my details, total value of all goods and mentioned that I need to pay 0 $CAD for importing these items) to the moving company if I'm having the 'goods to follow' shipped by the moving company.
2. If you're bringing it over yourself:

If I'm bring the stuff over myself - He said "carry this with you in person so that if you're asked you can show it to them."​

You can read about my landing experience here - https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/my-landing-experience-at-toronto-yyz.521397/

Best,​

123kaur

Sep 20, 2017
Hi Everyone,

I've been receiving a few PMs regarding the BSF forms I used while landing @ YYZ so I'm attaching my samples here:

Use it as a ref and as I've mentioned before you may be asked or you may be not - YMMV.
I went prepared and was not "asked" per se but I wanted it to be on record so that I don't have to pay duty when I'm importing my "goods to follow (BSF186a)".
The CBSA officer mentioned that I need to hand it over (the completed BSF186a form & the 'receipt' he printed which had my details, total value of all goods and mentioned that I need to pay 0 $CAD for importing these items) to the moving company if I'm having the 'goods to follow' shipped by the moving company.

If I'm bring the stuff over myself - He said "carry this with you in person so that if you're asked you can show it to them."​

You can read about my landing experience here - https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/my-landing-experience-at-toronto-yyz.521397/

Best,​
Do the students who are coming to Canada for study also have to fill this form

RookieMistake

Star Member
Feb 7, 2017
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-05-2017
Doc's Request.
RPRF
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
03-05-2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
File Transfer...
None
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
26-06-2017
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
25-07-2017
VISA ISSUED...
01-08-2017
LANDED..........
03-10-2017
I personally don't know about this. Maybe someone else can help or you may look around on the forum in other threads.

SRafiq

Star Member
Dec 4, 2016
Manchester
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
12-02-2017
Doc's Request.
23-06-2017
Nomination.....
29-06-2017
AOR Received.
23-06-2017
File Transfer...
29-08-2017
Med's Request
27-06-2017
Med's Done....
11-07-2017
Passport Req..
24-11-2017
VISA ISSUED...
08-01-2018
LANDED..........
17-04-2018
I have seen some discussion that you only need bring these forms when you intend on residing in Canada. I intend to arrive, activate my PR, but stay with family for two months and then must return to complete sale of house, packing etc... before returning to reside hopefully in August/September.

So when I "soft land" will I need to declare goods using the bsf186 forms or only when I return and intend to reside in August?

Cheers.

RookieMistake

Star Member
Feb 7, 2017
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-05-2017
Doc's Request.
RPRF
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
03-05-2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
File Transfer...
None
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
26-06-2017
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
25-07-2017
VISA ISSUED...
01-08-2017
LANDED..........
03-10-2017
Reactions: 123kaur

RookieMistake

Star Member
Feb 7, 2017
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-05-2017
Doc's Request.
RPRF
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
03-05-2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
File Transfer...
None
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
26-06-2017
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
25-07-2017
VISA ISSUED...
01-08-2017
LANDED..........
03-10-2017
I have seen some discussion that you only need bring these forms when you intend on residing in Canada. I intend to arrive, activate my PR, but stay with family for two months and then must return to complete sale of house, packing etc... before returning to reside hopefully in August/September.

So when I "soft land" will I need to declare goods using the bsf186 forms or only when I return and intend to reside in August?

Cheers.
Hi,

Yes, I would recommend you still declare - coz otherwise you may be asked to pay duty on the things you import eventually in Aug.

APPNOV2014NY

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2014

Cheers.
No. You do not need to declare goods at the time of soft landing. You can do it when you move to Canada for good.

Here is a recent example:
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/help-on-bsf186-b4-personal-effects-accounting-document-after-landing.536756/

Reactions: Jakev

Npv.2017

Sep 13, 2017
Hi Everyone,

Best,​
Hi,
The list is quite detailed and helpful. I see a lot of excel lists floating around. Do we need those mandatorily or is that supposed to be just as an additional check in case some CBSA official asks for more details?
You mentioned in #1 that the completed BSF186a needs to be handed over to the moving company. At what point do we do that? Do we have the goods to follow sent out before our travel or do we have it sent out of India after we have arrived in Canada?

APPNOV2014NY

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2014
Hi,
The list is quite detailed and helpful. I see a lot of excel lists floating around. Do we need those mandatorily or is that supposed to be just as an additional check in case some CBSA official asks for more details?
You mentioned in #1 that the completed BSF186a needs to be handed over to the moving company. At what point do we do that? Do we have the goods to follow sent out before our travel or do we have it sent out of India after we have arrived in Canada?
It's mandatory if you want to move items duty free after landing. You will send Goods to Follow list after landing once it has been stamped by CBSA.

Athena2018

Mar 31, 2018
Hi Everyone,

Best,​
Hi
I'm unable to view the sample document. Do you have an alternative link to sample filled form bsf186. Thanks!

Umbreen zubair

Feb 3, 2018
Hi, did u got your answer?
I am also looking for same. I am international student for 2 years study . I am also carrying my gold and some utensils with me. Do i need to declare??
Anyone plz answer me...

jeetandeep

Sep 6, 2017
Hi everyone,
I am landing Toronto with my wife and son. Do I need to prepare separate list of 'Goods with me' or one consolidated list.
Thanks