+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Mon Project : Cap-exempt applicants

lji050

Aug 10, 2017
Hello everyone, I'm a cap exempt applicant for QSW currently study in Gatineau QC but work part time (20 hr/week) across the river in Ottawa ON. I'm just wondering will my part time job in Ottawa affect my CSQ application?

Love MTL

Jul 28, 2017
Hello everyone, I'm a cap exempt applicant for QSW currently study in Gatineau QC but work part time (20 hr/week) across the river in Ottawa ON. I'm just wondering will my part time job in Ottawa affect my CSQ application?
if your CSQ application is not based on the work that you are doing across the river then its fine, but technically you are paying tax to ONTARIO government for you part time work. MIDI can arise question, get ready for explanation.

You can explain that you are getting full time job in Gatineu but bla bla bla bla bla.

Don't think they will reject your application for this reason

lji050

Aug 10, 2017
if your CSQ application is not based on the work that you are doing across the river then its fine, but technically you are paying tax to ONTARIO government for you part time work. MIDI can arise question, get ready for explanation.

You can explain that you are getting full time job in Gatineu but bla bla bla bla bla.

Don't think they will reject your application for this reason
My CSQ is actually based on the job I'm doing across the river, I was working there full time before I became a student in Gatineau Quebec, and I'm still working at the same place right now but part time due to my student status. But I own a property in Gatineau, is that persuasive enough to show my intent to reside in Quebec?

ILovMontreal

Star Member
Sep 13, 2017
Hello guys, everything has been so quite here!

I just want to know if anyone that received a IR recently and already re-send the documents, received any update? Your status changed to Decision or you received your CSQ at home!! Please let me know how long it takes after re-sending the IR docs, I'm desperate to any update on my side.

Good luck to all of us

LveMtl

Oct 17, 2017
Montreal
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
Nova Scotia
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
17-05-2018

I just want to know if anyone that received a IR recently and already re-send the documents, received any update? Your status changed to Decision or you received your CSQ at home!! Please let me know how long it takes after re-sending the IR docs, I'm desperate to any update on my side.

Good luck to all of us
Hi,

My friend applied on Feb 10, 2017. He is still waiting for document check list.

Reactions: ILovMontreal

OHiluvCANADA

Star Member
Jun 27, 2017
Category........
CEC

Good luck to all of us
Same here, sent my docs after IR and now waiting for CSQ. Will inform you once I get any updates.

tjax

Dec 18, 2013
Hello Everyone,
I am and International student in Montreal and I am in the process of applying for CSQ.
I am confused as how many points can I claim for Area of training for my wife.
Here is her profile:
Bachelor of Engineering, Electronics and Communication followed by 3 years experience as a software developer
MBA, Information Technology followed by another 3 years experience as an IT audit and Risk Consultant.

I am wondering if I can claim 3 points based on her bachelor or 4 points based on her masters or none.
Any help is really appreciated!
Thanks!

ILovMontreal

Star Member
Sep 13, 2017
Hello Everyone,
I am and International student in Montreal and I am in the process of applying for CSQ.
I am confused as how many points can I claim for Area of training for my wife.
Here is her profile:
Bachelor of Engineering, Electronics and Communication followed by 3 years experience as a software developer
MBA, Information Technology followed by another 3 years experience as an IT audit and Risk Consultant.

I am wondering if I can claim 3 points based on her bachelor or 4 points based on her masters or none.
Any help is really appreciated!
Thanks!
Hello, MBA is not considered as a Master, in my case for example, my MBA was considered as a Postgraduate Certificate. So, I'd say you can get only 3 points for her BAC.

Even if it was considered as a Master, there is no such a option for this domaine in the LISTE DES DOMAINES DE FORMATION, for foreigners diplomes.

I hope it helped you! Good lucky.

tjax

Dec 18, 2013
Hello, MBA is not considered as a Master, in my case for example, my MBA was considered as a Postgraduate Certificate. So, I'd say you can get only 3 points for her BAC.

Even if it was considered as a Master, there is no such a option for this domaine in the LISTE DES DOMAINES DE FORMATION, for foreigners diplomes.

I hope it helped you! Good lucky.
Thanks for the prompt reply, that helps a lot!
Also, how do I calculate points towards her Area of Training?
She has a Bach. in Electronics and Communication but she worked in a Information Technology Services domain.
How many points she would get for that?

ILovMontreal

Star Member
Sep 13, 2017
She gets 3 points for her Education BAC in Engineering Eletronics and Communications, but she doesn't get anything for her Professional experience. Only the main applicant does.

Ghostrider0789

Apr 20, 2016
Canada
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
Nova Scotia - London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
05-08-2018
Doc's Request.
07-08-2018
AOR Received.
16-03-2019
Med's Request
24-04-2019 - Upfront
Med's Done....
30-05-2019
Hi All, Any March 2017 applicants here? Anyone who's applied in March or afterwards has received the personalized checklist?
Hey Any updates ?