+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Mon Project : Cap-exempt applicants

ILovMontreal

Star Member
Sep 13, 2017
That's is so frustated. We wait and wait, and them cannot answer one single question from us. Always generic answers. It's been 1 month that my documents are there, after I received a IR. Hopefully my status will change soon to DECISION and I'll get my CSQ. I need it in order to extend my work permit and be able to continue in Canada (will expire in 30 days :()

Bandersn@tch

Nov 7, 2017
Not with 100% confidence. So we better wait for someone to reply who has submitted it.
@zionplace has helpfully replied regarding the UCI/IUC , but not for the CAQ number.
Nobobody seems have the answers. So, i hope you are finally finded the answers, but for those who end here :
For the first field it is the UCI/IUC, for the second it is the first number at the upper right on the CAQ document also called "individual number" and for the third field it is also the individual number on CAQ ducument.

You're welcome.

cherti

Aug 25, 2015
Category........
QSW
After this guy took over as the Quebec immigration minister, things have come to a full stop. New boss in town, reshuffling, revamping, politics and whatnot, meanwhile skilled people like us suffer.

https://twitter.com/heurtel

David Heurtel
Député de Viau et Ministre de l’Immigration, de la Diversité et de l’Inclusion - Compte géré par l'équipe comté/cabinet

LveMtl

Oct 17, 2017
Montreal
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
Nova Scotia
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
17-05-2018
Hello,

How many points can I claim for Area of training and Education for my wife.
She completed her Bachelor degree in auditing and management accounting Master in finance and management accounting.

Please help to calculate the point.

Thanks you in advance.

cooolideal

Jul 2, 2014
Hello,

How many points can I claim for Area of training and Education for my wife.
She completed her Bachelor degree in auditing and management accounting Master in finance and management accounting.

Please help to calculate the point.

Thanks you in advance.
bachelor 10 and for spouse 3, aot 9 for spouse 3..

Ghostrider0789

Apr 20, 2016
Canada
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
Nova Scotia - London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
05-08-2018
Doc's Request.
07-08-2018
AOR Received.
16-03-2019
Med's Request
24-04-2019 - Upfront
Med's Done....
30-05-2019
Hello,

Anyone got request for documents after online MPQ submission in March 2017?

Really weird that it is taking so long now.
when did you apply for CSQ?

Ghostrider0789

Apr 20, 2016
Canada
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
Nova Scotia - London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
05-08-2018
Doc's Request.
07-08-2018
AOR Received.
16-03-2019
Med's Request
24-04-2019 - Upfront
Med's Done....
30-05-2019
I have applied in March 2017 and haven't heard back from MIDI yet..
Hi, I know they are not moving at all, I have applied in April and still no updates, I hope we will hear something by end of this month, Please let me know if something changes for you as we are very close applicants.

dvx9

Nov 22, 2017
Hi, I'm not sure if this is the correct place to ask it, but the CSQ programs have kinda been at a stand still as of recent.
I'm hoping things start moving forward soon.

I'm an international student currently at the University of Texas in my 1st year. My long term plan is to transfer to Concordia University and apply for my CSQ, but I am kinda confused as to what the rules are (even after consulting the official website). I understand the PEQ specifically states that I have to be in my last semester of University in Quebec before applying

Can I apply for my CSQ as a student? I've read about people with a CSQ and are currently in University, not near graduating, some even just starting to enroll.
Would I have to apply for a CSQ when Im accepted and in Quebec, or can I apply for it in Texas, before even being accepted to Concordia?
Should I apply for a CSQ in Quebec instead of Texas? Obviously I'll get to apply earlier while in texas, but if Applying in Quebec gives faster processing times, that'd be better.

I think I should have enough points as my french skills are quite good and Im improving them as my semesters go on, and I have prior full-time work experience in my Class A field.
I plan to apply for the CSQ in Summer 2018/Spring 2019, and enrol in Concordia Fall 2019.

I'd like to think that Im planning this quite early on, and would love some help crafting it out a bit more in detail.
Thanks!

rayrw

Jul 26, 2016
Hi, I'm not sure if this is the correct place to ask it, but the CSQ programs have kinda been at a stand still as of recent.

I'm an international student currently at the University of Texas in my 1st year. My long term plan is to transfer to Concordia University and apply for my CSQ, but I am kinda confused as to what the rules are (even after consulting the official website). I understand the PEQ specifically states that I have to be in my last semester of University in Quebec before applying

Can I apply for my CSQ as a student? I've read about people with a CSQ and are currently in University, not near graduating, some even just starting to enroll.
Would I have to apply for a CSQ when Im accepted and in Quebec, or can I apply for it in Texas, before even being accepted to Concordia?
Should I apply for a CSQ in Quebec instead of Texas? Obviously I'll get to apply earlier while in texas, but if Applying in Quebec gives faster processing times, that'd be better.

I think I should have enough points as my french skills are quite good and Im improving them as my semesters go on, and I have prior full-time work experience in my Class A field.
I plan to apply for the CSQ in Summer 2018/Spring 2019, and enrol in Concordia Fall 2019.

I'd like to think that Im planning this quite early on, and would love some help crafting it out a bit more in detail.
Thanks!
With the processing coming to a complete halt, it should be faster if you apply for the federal Express Entry program (if you want to become a Canadian PR). Why specifically Concordia?

cherti

Aug 25, 2015
Category........
QSW

Thanks!
Getting a CSQ from Quebec is very unpredictable, the timelines are getting longer. They are planning to bring an Express Entry like system in Quebec next year. But you know as everything that can go wrong with Quebec's immigration system, I wouldn't rely on Quebec's immigration system anymore as I have already been burned by their system. So I am trying to move out of Quebec. You should also read about Quebec's Language laws especially Bill 101 if you are planning to settle in Quebec. There is a PEQ category for those who get their degrees in Quebec, have to show points for French exams and they randomly call applicants for interviews to test their French knowledge. Recently there was ~250 PEQ applicants rejected after the interview. Either they were racially profiled or they went to shady institutions, I am not sure.
http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/montreal/racialized-international-students-targeted-by-quebec-government-language-probe-group-says-1.4075012

I would advice you to do more research about Quebec and its immigrations system before you finalize your plans. My best advice to you will be to study elsewhere in Canada and apply for Express Entry.

Last edited: