+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Mon Project : Cap-exempt applicants

Phoenixation

Star Member
Sep 21, 2017
I applied in Feb 22nd and havent received the checklist yet...I'm an Inland applicant
A frind of mine who had applied on Feb 2nd, received his checklist in late June. Guess his file ended up on the January files' pile hehe

BTW, how many points will you be getting under your "area of training"? Does anyone know if there's a difference between the processing priority of cases that will get different points (6 vs 9 vs 12) under the area of training factor? I understand those who don't get any points will have a lower priority than those who get any points...

Reactions: boblast

ILovMontreal

Star Member
Sep 13, 2017
A frind of mine who had applied on Feb 2nd, received his checklist in late June. Guess his file ended up on the January files' pile hehe

BTW, how many points will you be getting under your "area of training"? Does anyone know if there's a difference between the processing priority of cases that will get different points (6 vs 9 vs 12) under the area of training factor? I understand those who don't get any points will have a lower priority than those who get any points...
yeah, probably your friend got lucky. I applied on January 27th and got my documents list in late June also, until now, no updates.

I think they stopped a little the online applications to work on the Refugees, since this is solved, they will get back to us!

shappa

Star Member
Nov 21, 2016
hello APPNOV2014,

i have sent my application for PR to CIC, my fed ex tracking says they delivered my application to CIC on 26th Sept 2017, can you please tell me how long it takes to receive PR if everything goes right and what are all the steps involved .(entire process in steps)

ILovMontreal

Star Member
Sep 13, 2017
I've heard from other groups that they started sending Intention of Reject (IR) ... which means they are back to looking into our documents.

If anyone received any update, please let us know. ... it's been 2 months that my docs are at MIDI and nothing.

Reactions: OHiluvCANADA

Phoenixation

Star Member
Sep 21, 2017
I've heard from other groups that they started sending Intention of Reject (IR) ... which means they are back to looking into our documents.

If anyone received any update, please let us know. ... it's been 2 months that my docs are at MIDI and nothing.
Only Intention to reject?!! No CSQs?

OHiluvCANADA

Star Member
Jun 27, 2017
Category........
CEC

Yes they are sending INTENT OF REJECT but dont worry, they are sending this intent of reject for Form A-0522-OF. Actually, they updated the minimum financial requirement in 2017 which in now $3085 for a single member. Earlier, the financial requirement amount was $3016. So to have the latest docs they are sending intent of reject to everyone and stating to submit Form A-0522-OF with latest information, that's all.
So, dont worry it can not be called a real intent of reject, more of it sounds like another gimmick to delay the processing of applications.

ILovMontreal

Star Member
Sep 13, 2017
Hello All,

I received my IR yesterday. It seems things are moving. They requested the original documents for mine and my partner's Birth Certificate translations (I sent only the copy of the translation and the copy of the original one). The rest, since they were asking for CERTIFIED COPY of the original documents, I also certifiied the translation, I should have done it for all docs =(

Well... but it's OK, for more than 70 docs asked in my personal list, maybe half with its translations, they are only requesting me to re-submit 2 of them... I'm happy and sad at the same time (happy because it means my dossier analysis is done, and sad because it's another delay).

Does any of you know if should be faster now since I have to send only 2 docs in the right format? Maybe they just receive it now, CHECK it and voila... change my status to DECISION and send my CSQ withing weeks? Or should I wait another 2 months again?

Thank you very much....

boblast

Star Member
Mar 28, 2017
Hello All,

I received my IR yesterday. It seems things are moving. They requested the original documents for mine and my partner's Birth Certificate translations (I sent only the copy of the translation and the copy of the original one). The rest, since they were asking for CERTIFIED COPY of the original documents, I also certifiied the translation, I should have done it for all docs =(

Well... but it's OK, for more than 70 docs asked in my personal list, maybe half with its translations, they are only requesting me to re-submit 2 of them... I'm happy and sad at the same time (happy because it means my dossier analysis is done, and sad because it's another delay).

Does any of you know if should be faster now since I have to send only 2 docs in the right format? Maybe they just receive it now, CHECK it and voila... change my status to DECISION and send my CSQ withing weeks? Or should I wait another 2 months again?

Thank you very much....
What documents they require to be certified?

Last edited:
Reactions: Phoenixation

cherti

Aug 25, 2015
Category........
QSW
Hello All,

Thank you very much....

> "70 docs asked in my personal list". !!!

They asked 70 documents in checklist. I can't believe this. !!

zqd9853572002

Star Member
Sep 14, 2016
Hello All,

Thank you very much....
Could you please share with us what kind of document they are requesting? we are in the document preparing stage and we would like to proceed it asap, thank you.

ILovMontreal

Star Member
Sep 13, 2017
Hello All,

They ask for all your diplomas, your grades, work certification, your personal documents, some form for you fill in and print.
Just keep in mind that EVERY document that is not in English or French should be translated, once you do, please send the ORIGINAL of the translation, not a copy (like I did). It's sad because in sometimes you will need some of the same docs/translations for the Federal Stage but then you will have to have it translated again (once you sent the original to them).

They asked about 70 docs, for me and my husband together. Most docs are for the main applicant.

They usually specify which docs to be certified (like diplomas, grades, etc) but if you translate them, also certify the copy OR send the original (that was my mistake, sent the copy of a translation from a doc they required only a copy - sounded logic to me =( )

I'll keep you posted for any update (my docs were just delivered there, today)... hoping fot the analysis/final decision to be done soon.

One more thing, don't forget to include everything they ask in the Work attestation.... any missing info will lead to a IR (several people received it already). I mean, put the tasks, the hours per week, employee info and contact... etc.

Hopefully we will received our CSQ soon

If you have any question I'm more than happy to help you

shappa

Star Member
Nov 21, 2016
hello friends ,

I have sent my PR application to CIC on 26th Sept 2017, Please let me know how to confirm whether they have received my files or not.