+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Mon Project : Cap-exempt applicants

dvx9

Nov 22, 2017
With the processing coming to a complete halt, it should be faster if you apply for the federal Express Entry program (if you want to become a Canadian PR). Why specifically Concordia?
I was thinking about Express Entry, but I've read that you can apply for a CSQ as a student currently pursuing a degree, which is why I am currently exploring that option right now.

As to why Concordia? I personally find Montreal to be one of my favourite cities in Canada, and I think their clubs, programs and initiatives line very much so to my interests. (Arts and Technology).

Getting a CSQ from Quebec is very unpredictable, the timelines are getting longer. They are planning to bring an Express Entry like system in Quebec next year. But you know as everything that can go wrong with Quebec's immigration system, I wouldn't rely on Quebec's immigration system anymore as I have already been burned by their system. So I am trying to move out of Quebec. You should also read about Quebec's Language laws especially Bill 101 if you are planning to settle in Quebec. There is a PEQ category for those who get their degrees in Quebec, have to show points for French exams and they randomly call applicants for interviews to test their French knowledge. Recently there was ~250 PEQ applicants rejected after the interview. Either they were racially profiled or they went to shady institutions, I am not sure.
http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/montreal/racialized-international-students-targeted-by-quebec-government-language-probe-group-says-1.4075012

I would advice you to do more research about Quebec and its immigrations system before you finalize your plans. My best advice to you will be to study elsewhere in Canada and apply for Express Entry.
I was under the impression that you can only apply to EE as a graduate/employee no? And aren't the requirements for EE alot more stringent? (Needing alot of points?)
Those are my contingencies pretty much. CSQ during Uni, and if that takes too long, then PEQ, and that is said to be around month to process because of its priority standing. But, if I get jaded to Quebec for whatever reason (Before moving and enrolling), I'll try my hand at Ontario and apply for Express Entry.
I'm really aiming to get some level of PR status by the time I graduate. Though, idk how realistic that is.

Last edited:

amitknai7

Jul 3, 2017
Hello All,
I submitted my application on 17th Dec 2016 from Montreal, I came back to India in Jan 2017 as my assignment was completed. I got the document checklist and sent the documents accordingly. I received notification of acknowledgement for receipt of documents on 31st July. I was waiting for the result, however I received another mail recently that documents are not yet received and they intent to refuse if the documents are not reached by 18th Jan 2018.
Now my status when translated is "Administrative closure".
Can some one help me reg my status and what should i do further for documents.

Reactions: boblast

boblast

Star Member
Mar 28, 2017
Hello All,
I submitted my application on 17th Dec 2016 from Montreal, I came back to India in Jan 2017 as my assignment was completed. I got the document checklist and sent the documents accordingly. I received notification of acknowledgement for receipt of documents on 31st July. I was waiting for the result, however I received another mail recently that documents are not yet received and they intent to refuse if the documents are not reached by 18th Jan 2018.
Now my status when translated is "Administrative closure".
Can some one help me reg my status and what should i do further for documents.
call them and explain your situation.

shaggycoc

Jan 25, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
they requested the original of the translation from birth certificate. I sent the copy on the first time.

what about you? what's your status?
thank you

i am waiting for any advice since 12th july when i received AR after sent documents, no change for me at this moment in mon projet.

it looks like all my documents were with appropiate format but no reason till today.

i am june 2016 candidate (from Latin America)

cooolideal

Jul 2, 2014
thank you

i am waiting for any advice since 12th july when i received AR after sent documents, no change for me at this moment in mon projet.

it looks like all my documents were with appropiate format but no reason till today.

i am june 2016 candidate (from Latin America)
what is ur current status in MPQ?

shappa

Star Member
Nov 21, 2016
After CSQ , i had sent my PR application & my courier tracking say they delivered the documents on 26th Oct 2017, but i do not have any information or confirmation from CIC that they have received my documents , please let me know how to confirm on this & how long should i wait .

And also CIC processing time says 13 months, is it after the date they confirm that they have received the document or from the date when my documents reached them.

NMontD

Nov 30, 2016
After CSQ , i had sent my PR application & my courier tracking say they delivered the documents on 26th Oct 2017, but i do not have any information or confirmation from CIC that they have received my documents , please let me know how to confirm on this & how long should i wait .

And also CIC processing time says 13 months, is it after the date they confirm that they have received the document or from the date when my documents reached them.
It will take 90 days to 120 days to get an AOR. At this time all you have is documents delivered confirmation
13 months is since your documents are received by CIC