+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ministrial Instructions for the draw are out

doubleym

Jan 6, 2015
new_day said:
I was thinking exactly this point, so can people with points 300+ may be a hope?
Well it looks like they would have cleared out the majority of the current LMIA holders, and since LMIAs aren't that easy or quick to get (Unless your employer goes for the 10-day free option, in which case they still have to advertise the job for 4 weeks) and PNP is still up in the air, I wouldn't be surprised if the next couple of draws feature some more sub-600 candidates.

fl_pie

Jan 13, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
10-04-2015
Marooned said:
In spreadsheet there are only 6 persons who have 500+ scores, but 779 people have been selected in the first draw having 886+ scores.
What do you think about the real number of applicants?
6? There's quite a few more.

Nightrocker

Feb 27, 2011
Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-04-2011
Med's Request
08-06-2011
Med's Done....
13-06-2011
VISA ISSUED...
24-07-2011
LANDED..........
23-08-2011
doubleym said:
Well it looks like they would have cleared out the majority of the current LMIA holders, and since LMIAs aren't that easy or quick to get (Unless your employer goes for the 10-day free option, in which case they still have to advertise the job for 4 weeks) and PNP is still up in the air, I wouldn't be surprised if the next couple of draws feature some more sub-600 candidates.
But the question is can we risk to spend months and months in the hopes of getting ITA? There must be people whose work permits are going to be expiring soon. Instead of waiting for other draw(s) shouldn't we look for employers who might get us positive LMIAs?

dukhi

Champion Member
Jun 14, 2013
Nightrocker said:
But the question is can we risk to spend months and months in the hopes of getting ITA? There must be people whose work permits are going to be expiring soon. Instead of waiting for other draw(s) shouldn't we look for employers who might get us positive LMIAs?
If only it was so easy for a pgwp holder to go for a lmia

punterpatel

Feb 1, 2015
EEKnowledge said:
779 total invitations to be issue to people scoring >= 886 points.
Hi,
Could not find the number of total ITAs on the ministerial instructions. Is this information available somewhere else?

Thanks.

Another hopeful

Lammawitch

Champion Member
Dec 21, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
punterpatel said:
Hi,
Could not find the number of total ITAs on the ministerial instructions. Is this information available somewhere else?

Thanks.

Another hopeful
It's mentioned at the link in the first post on this thread...

clever

Dec 13, 2014
old system was better than express entry because last years one could immigrate to canada without LMIA and job offer but now you can't be selected without job offer,LMIA,extra 600 points. :(

Nightrocker

Feb 27, 2011
Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-04-2011
Med's Request
08-06-2011
Med's Done....
13-06-2011
VISA ISSUED...
24-07-2011
LANDED..........
23-08-2011
clever said:
old system was better than express entry because last years one could immigrate to canada without LMIA and job offer but now you can't be selected without job offer,LMIA,extra 600 points. :(
Exactly, and we aren't even sure if the scores would go down in the future...

MedZed

Jun 5, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
clever said:
I think it's too early to judge.

john1818

Star Member
Feb 1, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I have been thinking this entire night. How many out of 779 or whatever candidates, who have received ITA's have actually provided correct information. Lets just say only 60% have input the legit information. I know the ones who have provided falsify information will not get PR or may be barred. But what about the ones who actually deserve to get PR but cannot get it because of this new dumb system. Think about it.

journey21

Dec 25, 2014
MedZed said:
I think it's too early to judge.
Agreed.

It's only the first draw and CIC is still as clueless as most of us. So give the system some time to evolve and a clearer picture will emerge soon.
Till then, anything can happen, including changes in requirements, points etc.

john1818

Star Member
Feb 1, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
@Nightrocker and other senior members, i have a question about lmia job offer. What i understand that all the jobs posted on jobbank.gc.ca are lmai approved jobs or lets just put it this way, will all the companies get you lmia job offer if they have posted the job opening on jobbank. Please let me know if my question doesnt make sense. Thanks in advance.

Nightrocker

Feb 27, 2011
Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-04-2011
Med's Request
08-06-2011
Med's Done....
13-06-2011
VISA ISSUED...
24-07-2011
LANDED..........
23-08-2011
john1818 said:
@ Nightrocker and other senior members, i have a question about lmia job offer. What i understand that all the jobs posted on jobbank.gc.ca are lmai approved jobs or lets just put it this way, will all the companies get you lmia job offer if they have posted the job opening on jobbank. Please let me know if my question doesnt make sense. Thanks in advance.
No no no.... The jobbank will operate as a job-matching website. Think about a dating website, you put all your interests and answers to questions, and based on your responses you get search results which will have "key words" that you specified in your profile. For example, if in your jobbank profile you specify your skills are proposal writing, the jobbank will search for all the jobs which will have keyword proposal writing in their description.

The job bank will not show any lmia approved positions (unless the word lmia is in their description, and we search for it).

Hope what I said makes sense.

hopeforthebest1

Star Member
Aug 19, 2014
Nightrocker said:
No no no.... The jobbank will operate as a job-matching website. Think about a dating website, you put all your interests and answers to questions, and based on your responses you get search results which will have "key words" that you specified in your profile. For example, if in your jobbank profile you specify your skills are proposal writing, the jobbank will search for all the jobs which will have keyword proposal writing in their description.

The job bank will not show any lmia approved positions (unless the word lmia is in their description, and we search for it).

Hope what I said makes sense.
After seeing how Nightrocker is struggling with us in the forum and not doing anything else after he landed years ago. I gave up on Canada. ;D