Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18/Jun/2016
Passport Req..
17/Aug/2016
VISA ISSUED...
23/Aug/2016
se7en said:
265,000 does not mean applications received in 2015 only. It includes applications received earlier than 2015 and currently in process and also for streams other than CEC, FSW, PNP and FST.
That also includes the dependents of the applications so the number of applications selected won't be 265k.

EEKnowledge

Star Member
Jan 29, 2015
susana said:
There are 3 ways to select applicants ;

You will receive an Invitation to Apply for permanent residence if you:

have a valid job offer from an employer in Canada (subject to the Labour Market Impact Assessment process in place at that time);
have been nominated by a province or territory; or
are among the top ranked in the pool based on your skills and experience.

The last is for applicants without job offer/PNP .
And what if the cutoff if always >600? Even at 601 people are left-out. I know it is good to be hopeful; but scores are not going to come down. These 779 nominations are majorly snagged up by LMIAs; and once PNPs come in, then you have real competition. There were lots of people waiting in the wings to see the outcome of the draw. And we all assume CIC to be dumb; but their forecasting models are very point on for their needs.

Nightrocker

Feb 27, 2011
Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-04-2011
Med's Request
08-06-2011
Med's Done....
13-06-2011
VISA ISSUED...
24-07-2011
LANDED..........
23-08-2011
A.B.123 said:
I guess, now we have to wait for the 2nd draw and then we'll be close to 100% sure how EE works and whether LMIA is absolutely necessary. LMIA is not easy to get too.
Situations will change everytime and we can't always say ok let's see what happens in the next draw...

susana

Nov 4, 2008
Makolutus said:
You are reading too much between the lines.
Let me put it this way :-
1) are among the top ranked in the pool based on your skills and experience.
a)have a valid job offer from an employer in Canada (subject to the Labour Market Impact Assessment process in place at that time)
b)have been nominated by a province or territory

Why will they select an immigrant without a job offer and offer him/her Permanent Residency, when he does not have a source of income to earn when he coms to Canada.. !!
Really ? What does OR means to you ? As your explanation it would say AND not OR ! There is a reason why you have to show proof of funds known as settlement funds. I'm not reading between the lines, I'm reading accordingly .

gss89x

Star Member
Oct 9, 2014
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 15 2014
AOR Received.
December 05 2014
Med's Request
N/A
Med's Done....
12-Jan-2016, Ecas updated 22-Jan-2016 ( Upfront)
Passport Req..
14 March 2016
VISA ISSUED...
30 March 2016
LANDED..........
12 April 2016
They have mentioned about LMIA in about all the FAQ's. They created Express Entry to make sure they are filling a position which no Canadian could have filled. I was wondering how strictly would they follow this LMIA thing. This certainly states " Very Strictly". I was thinking not many people have LMIA so people without it would have great chance of getting ITA. But it doesn't seem that way so far. ???

EEKnowledge

Star Member
Jan 29, 2015
gss89x said:
They have mentioned about LMIA in about all the FAQ's. They created Express Entry to make sure they are filling a position which no Canadian could have filled. I was wondering how strictly would they follow this LMIA thing. This certainly states " Very Strictly". I was thinking not many people have LMIA so people without it would have great chance of getting ITA. But it doesn't seem that way so far. ???
Exactly. In all the press releases they have stressed this. And looks like they will follow it quite strictly. They artificially restricted the intake to 779 applicants. And they will not reduce the scores to under 600; but will vary the number of candidates they will issue ITAs. I think they will have enough LMIAs and PNPs to sustain these scores. But then this just shuts down a pipeline for candidates outside Canada; which is very unfair.

ngelsa

Dec 4, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 18, 2015 (EE) / Sept 18, 2014 (PNP)
Doc's Request.
May 4, 2015 (EE) / June 11, 2015 (PNP)
Nomination.....
Sept 12, 2014 (SINP)
AOR Received.
Feb 18, 2015 (EE) / Feb 16, 2015 (PNP)
IELTS Request
CELPIP submitted with both EE and PNP applications
Med's Request
March 6, 2015 (PNP)
Med's Done....
Feb 6, 2015
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
Jul 15, 2015 (EE)
LANDED..........
Aug 26, 2015 (EE)
ralliArt said:
So why would CICNews provide us with this information in their January news letter entitled "CIC Plans On Making First Express Entry Draw For Canadian Immigration Within Weeks" which states.

“We expect that certainly, as of implementation and early days in 2015, it will take some time for that employer take-up to happen,” stated a CIC spokesperson at a recent conference. “What we're expecting in the early days is that the [immigration] department will be pulling those candidates with the highest scores even though they don't have job offers because we need to be looking at meeting admission targets for the economic classes.”

This quote single handedly sky rocketed my hopes!... NOW what????? I cannot Trust a word they say or take it literal... Sigh!
They didn't lie in that statement. They will select candidates with the HIGHEST SCORES, they did just that. the "even though they don't have a job offers" part basically tells people that as long as you score the highest within the pool you will get invited regardless you have job offer or not. Of course, you cannot score the highest scores without having a valid job offer or a PNP nomination; however, as time goes on, the minimum score required for the future draws will go down because the supply of applicants who has an extra 600 points is limited. You just won't be selected for the first several rounds that's all.

gss89x

Star Member
Oct 9, 2014
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 15 2014
AOR Received.
December 05 2014
Med's Request
N/A
Med's Done....
12-Jan-2016, Ecas updated 22-Jan-2016 ( Upfront)
Passport Req..
14 March 2016
VISA ISSUED...
30 March 2016
LANDED..........
12 April 2016
EEKnowledge said:
Exactly. In all the press releases they have stressed this. And looks like they will follow it quite strictly. They artificially restricted the intake to 779 applicants. And they will not reduce the scores to under 600; but will vary the number of candidates they will issue ITAs. I think they will have enough LMIAs and PNPs to sustain these scores. But then this just shuts down a pipeline for candidates outside Canada; which is very unfair.
So basically if someone is Extra ordinary, Extra talented , has tons of experience only he/she would get a job through job bank and after that he can get an entry in Canada as a PR.

se7en

Apr 20, 2011
I am just freaking out. I asked my HR yesterday to do LMIA for me and it took me the whole day to draft an email while summarizing the whole
EE story according to my situation. They replied back and said that they were gonna see what was required from the company for LMIA and they would advise. I don't know if for LMIA application they would still have job advertisement details and other stuff on their record for the job which was opened 15 or 16 months ago.
Its crucial folks, now that we have completed higher educations here and spent good amount of money and struggled hard from day 1 up till now, and this is the result we are getting now. I know there are folks on this forum who always say that Canada didn't ask you to come it was yours decision. That's absolutely true we were not invited but we chose Canada on purpose and that purpose is known to everyone.
Sorry to say folks but realize that PGWP is a bu****t now. They should not call it an open work permit now. Employers should now do LMIA thing from the beginning if they are to hire PGWPs.

Marooned

Nov 14, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
What about that portion of PNP programs which was allocated to the EE?
I think nobody has been selected by the provinces in the first draw!

A.B.123

Star Member
Jan 15, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
se7en said:
I am just freaking out. I asked my HR yesterday to do LMIA for me and it took me the whole day to draft an email while summarizing the whole
EE story according to my situation. They replied back and said that they were gonna see what was required from the company for LMIA and they would advise. I don't know if for LMIA application they would still have job advertisement details and other stuff on their record for the job which was opened 15 or 16 months ago.
Its crucial folks, now that we have completed higher educations here and spent good amount of money and struggled hard from day 1 up till now, and this is the result we are getting now. I know there are folks on this forum who always say that Canada didn't ask you to come it was yours decision. That's absolutely true we were not invited but we chose Canada on purpose and that purpose is known to everyone.
Sorry to say folks but realize that PGWP is a bu****t now. They should not call it an open work permit now. Employers should now do LMIA thing from the beginning if they are to hire PGWPs.
I'm so agree with you.

jenish3333

Aug 18, 2014
WINNIPEG
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC OTTAWA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-03-2014
Doc's Request.
15-05-2014, 15-01-2015
AOR Received.
17-04-2014
IELTS Request
SENT WITH AN APPLICATION
File Transfer...
17-04-2014
Med's Request
15-05-2015
Med's Done....
26-05-2015
Interview........
WIEVED
Passport Req..
05-06-2015
VISA ISSUED...
11-06-2015
LANDED..........
18-06-2015
Marooned said:
What about that portion of PNP programs which was allocated to the EE?
I think nobody has been selected by the provinces in the first draw!
PNP applicant will be join draw around March. Because PNP itself have a processing time according to Province. I have applied Manitoba PNP and hoping to get it in next month so we'll see..

mf4361

Champion Member
Apr 17, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18 Nov 2015
Nomination.....
12 Oct 2015
AOR Received.
25 Feb 2016
IELTS Request
Sent
Med's Request
28 Oct 2016
Med's Done....
14 Nov 2016
Passport Req..
27 Feb 2017
VISA ISSUED...
15 Mar 2017
LANDED..........
16 Mar 2017
Yea that's really going to screws all existing PGWP people. Getting LMIA particularly difficult because 1) New grads hardly make more than Minimum for a Skilled NOC, let alone Median/Prevalent wage, 2) Convincing employer to apply for LMIA is not gonna be easy (especially for those in large corporations)

Unless you are in BC or SK (maybe there's more?), where the PNP program has EE stream to get that 600 points, new grads can either go through traditional PNP (Slow) or get a new job that can provide LMIA.

Any more suggestions?

se7en

Apr 20, 2011
I still have 18 months left on my PGWP and my feet have started getting cold. How it would be treating the guys who are left with a month or two on their wps and tied their hopes with EE which would lead them to BOWP. It is very unfortunate
Sorry to say but we might need to start looking for cook or chef jobs which in most cases are LMIA based.