23-09-2015
LANDED..........
13-11-2015

MedZed

Jun 5, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
YamPower said:
I'm wondering if there is a difference between LMIA and LMO. Some of the persons who got ITA have arranged employment or PNP.
Labour Market Opinion (LMO) was replaced by Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA) on June 20th 2014.

john1818

Star Member
Feb 1, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nightrocker said:
No no no.... The jobbank will operate as a job-matching website. Think about a dating website, you put all your interests and answers to questions, and based on your responses you get search results which will have "key words" that you specified in your profile. For example, if in your jobbank profile you specify your skills are proposal writing, the jobbank will search for all the jobs which will have keyword proposal writing in their description.

The job bank will not show any lmia approved positions (unless the word lmia is in their description, and we search for it).

Hope what I said makes sense.
Thanks for your response. Yes what you said does make sense. The job matching is not active yet. When it goes live then there will be a different scenario all together. I found this on CIC: -

21. How does Job Bank work with Express Entry?

Job Bank and Express Entry let eligible employers in Canada and eligible skilled foreign nationals connect with one another more easily. Every effort must be made by the employer to first try and find a Canadian or permanent resident to fill their job vacancy before a skilled immigrant can be considered.

In most cases, employers wishing to hire a foreign national must register with Employment and Social Development Canada's (ESDC) Job Bank and post their employment ad for a minimum of 30 days (as well as meet other advertising requirements). If a Canadian or permanent resident is not found, employers can extend their job ad and broaden their candidate search to include foreign workers. If a qualified foreign national is found, the employer can then apply for an Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA). The employer must apply for an LMIA in order to hire the foreign candidate.

ESDC will assess all LMIA applications. In many cases, employers will need a positive LMIA to make a qualifying job offer to a foreign national under Express Entry.

Should the Express Entry candidate choose to apply to a job opportunity, the recipient employer will then be required to go through their usual interview or assessment process. If the employer finds that the Express Entry candidate meets their needs, and they are eligible to hire a foreign national, they can offer them a job.

Employers with a positive LMIA will then provide this information along with a job offer letter to the candidate to include in their Express Entry profile. This is so they can more quickly be offered an Invitation to Apply (ITA) for permanent residence in the next eligible draw.

Eligible employers can be matched later in 2015 with qualified candidates in the Express Entry pool.

Through Job Bank, Express Entry candidates will be able to explore jobs and, later in 2015, they will be able to sign up with Job Match to view jobs that match their skill set and qualifications.

22. How does an employer in Canada get matched with Express Entry candidates in Job Bank?

Later in 2015, Job Bank will start to make matches between eligible employers in Canada and eligible Express Entry candidates if the employer's job has been advertised to Canadians for one month or longer.

Employers will continue to be matched to Canadian and permanent resident Job Seeker profiles while their job is advertised on Job Bank. Matches will be made based on an employer's job listing and a candidate's skills, knowledge and experience. To be matched, candidates must be eligible through Express Entry.

Nightrocker, you are doing an amazing job by helping other members on the forum. Even though you have got PR and you are still active member on this forum. Hats off to you :)

fl_pie

Jan 13, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
10-04-2015
clever said:
i am hopeless and pesimistic even though my score is over 400.first draw has given us a clue about minimum points.i dont think minimum scores will go down from +800 to around 400.everytime there will be people who have lmia,job offer around the world hence they will get extra 600 points always.i think job offer is mandatory to be selected.
Don't lose hope. There just can't be THAT many people with job offers. Don't forget, people on a work permit were/are all eligible, so the first few draws will have people who received their LMOs in the past years. Once they are cleared, there will be few LMIA holders in the pool.

preeti.msingh109

Jul 18, 2014
holbond said:
any idea when the next draw is going to be ?
Rather than waiting for the next draw..i think we should now wait for job bank to be active...coz ultimately only a job offer can guarantee you an ITA. 400+ scorers can only have a very dim chance of getting invitation...I hope CIC fixes the job bank soon !!