+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ministrial Instructions for the draw are out

idefix

Champion Member
Oct 1, 2014
Nightrocker said:
I don't think it's ever gonna go down. I read (I think Canadavisa.com website's lawyer) that maximum number of ITAs will be given in the first draw, and he called them as "Golden Tickets". Things will get even worse.
The guy from Canadavisa.com guess is as good as mine or yours.

I do think it will go down - and way into the 400s. Unless they decide to call something close to 5.000 immigrants this year.

Because most of the people that already had LMIA made sure they were on the first draw. So unless the rate of issuance of new LMIAs increases a lot, the score will go down.

clever

Dec 13, 2014
some people have said that job offer is not required to be selected but i know now job offer is requied to be selected.i guess we who can not get extra 600 points have no chance :( 886 is too high :eek:

ralliArt

Jan 28, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Jamaica
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
clever said:
some people have said that job offer is not required to be selected but i know now job offer is requied to be selected.i guess we who can not get extra 600 points have no chance :( 886 is too high :eek:
This is very Disheartening... I have a 379, What hope is there.... I have been applying for jobs since last year... still no luck...Sigh! :-\ :(

idefix

Champion Member
Oct 1, 2014
clever said:
First draw was small on purpose, to clear those guys with LMIA, and to test the system.

Only after 4-5 draws we will be sure what the real necessary score will be.

ralliArt

Jan 28, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Jamaica
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
EEKnowledge said:
See 886 means; just 286 from normal CRS points. And 286 points are very easy to score if we take the Google spreadsheet on here; in fact 82% people scored above 286. Hell, you get 100 points just based upon your age. And statistically this rules out people not getting 600 points. So I do not think the rank is going to drop below 600 in any way.
So why would CICNews provide us with this information in their January news letter entitled "CIC Plans On Making First Express Entry Draw For Canadian Immigration Within Weeks" which states.

“We expect that certainly, as of implementation and early days in 2015, it will take some time for that employer take-up to happen,” stated a CIC spokesperson at a recent conference. “What we’re expecting in the early days is that the [immigration] department will be pulling those candidates with the highest scores even though they don’t have job offers because we need to be looking at meeting admission targets for the economic classes.”

This quote single handedly sky rocketed my hopes!... NOW what????? I cannot Trust a word they say or take it literal... Sigh!

manidhatt

Champion Member
May 30, 2013
Ontario
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
Feb 03
Doc's Request.
Feb 26 - Submitted March 03
AOR Received.
Feb 03
Med's Done....
Feb 12
Passport Req..
Aug 03
ralliArt said:
So why would CICNews provide us with this information in their January news letter entitled "CIC Plans On Making First Express Entry Draw For Canadian Immigration Within Weeks" which states.

“We expect that certainly, as of implementation and early days in 2015, it will take some time for that employer take-up to happen,” stated a CIC spokesperson at a recent conference. “What we're expecting in the early days is that the [immigration] department will be pulling those candidates with the highest scores even though they don't have job offers because we need to be looking at meeting admission targets for the economic classes.”

This quote single handedly sky rocketed my hopes!... NOW what????? I cannot Trust a word they say or take it literal... Sigh!
Exactly... Cannot trust a single word they say

clever

Dec 13, 2014
susana said:
Guys , this is only the first draw ! There will be one lower than 600 later on
but there will always be applicants with job offer and their points will be higher than 600.when people who have no jo will be selected?

EEKnowledge

Star Member
Jan 29, 2015
susana said:
Guys , this is only the first draw ! There will be one lower than 600 later on
Not going to happen at all. I see people wildly speculating that this was a test and all; but lots of people were waiting for this first draw to also see how EE works and in fact for second draw scores will climb. More people with LMIAs are going to apply in second draw now that they know that LMIA PR is certain. Meanwhile, PNPs are sobbing, because provinces are not recognizing already issued nomination.

A.B.123

Star Member
Jan 15, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
EEKnowledge said:
Not going to happen at all. I see people wildly speculating that this was a test and all; but lots of people were waiting for this first draw to also see how EE works and in fact for second draw scores will climb. More people with LMIAs are going to apply in second draw now that they know that LMIA PR is certain. Meanwhile, PNPs are sobbing, because provinces are not recognizing already issued nomination.
I guess, now we have to wait for the 2nd draw and then we'll be close to 100% sure how EE works and whether LMIA is absolutely necessary. LMIA is not easy to get too.

susana

Nov 4, 2008
Makolutus said:
Negative.. I don't think so thats even possible..!!

There are 3 ways to select applicants ;

You will receive an Invitation to Apply for permanent residence if you:

have a valid job offer from an employer in Canada (subject to the Labour Market Impact Assessment process in place at that time);
have been nominated by a province or territory; or
are among the top ranked in the pool based on your skills and experience.

The last is for applicants without job offer/PNP .

se7en

Apr 20, 2011
HanEEnaH said:
Surely 779 ITA's can't be the highest amount they'll issue each draw - they'd be way off their 65,000 expectation if that was the case - I'm guessing its lack of entrants at the moment alongside potential glitches in the system (people receiving update emails) which is making them play on the safe side with people who have LMIA/PNP.
265,000 does not mean applications received in 2015 only. It includes applications received earlier than 2015 and currently in process and also for streams other than CEC, FSW, PNP and FST.

Makolutus

Star Member
Dec 1, 2014
Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
susana said:
There are 3 ways to select applicants ;

You will receive an Invitation to Apply for permanent residence if you:

have a valid job offer from an employer in Canada (subject to the Labour Market Impact Assessment process in place at that time);
have been nominated by a province or territory; or
are among the top ranked in the pool based on your skills and experience.

The last is for applicants without job offer/PNP .
You are reading too much between the lines.
Let me put it this way :-
1) are among the top ranked in the pool based on your skills and experience.
a)have a valid job offer from an employer in Canada (subject to the Labour Market Impact Assessment process in place at that time)
b)have been nominated by a province or territory

Why will they select an immigrant without a job offer and offer him/her Permanent Residency, when he does not have a source of income to earn when he coms to Canada.. !!