Interview........
not needed
Passport Req..
Dec-19-2011
VISA ISSUED...
Jan-06-2012
LANDED..........
planned for March
yeah... I know you are right there, I think we definitely are trying to make this as hard as possible. I think we are going to take a chance and just send it in the way it is. I am 100% confident in the entire application, except for that one part. And I am probably worrying too much and asking the wrong questions to everyone. We will applying very soon.

bonbon9

Jul 7, 2010
ON, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
MX
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09/15/2010
AOR Received.
12/02/2010
File Transfer...
10/14/2010
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
02/23/2011
LANDED..........
05/17/2011
tarnen said:
Your all wrong (sorry if that sounds rude) but I have called the embassy of Canada and they tell me my marriage in Mexico is legal but not yet legal in Canada. I need to legalize it for Canada and to do that I need quote "Documents issued in Mexico to be used in Canada must first be authenticated by the Mexican Ministry of the Interior (Secretaría de Gobernación) and the Department of Legalizations of the Mexican Ministry of Foreign Affairs (Secretaría de Relaciones Exteriores) having jurisdiction over the region where such documents were originally issued. Once authenticated, documents can be legalized by the Canadian Embassy in Mexico City or the consulates in their area of jurisdiction, and finally can be officially translated into English or French" so long story short. state signature then federal signature, then embassy of Canada signature, only then can we translate it. I don't know how you all did it, but The embassy is telling me I need to do this. Maybe the rules changed since you guys did it, I don't know. But they are telling us to do this.
thank you all for you help and as much as I trust you guys seeing as how you have done this already, the actual embassy is telling me what I have to do. For safety sakes and just scared of screwing something up, we might have to fly to Mexico City.
A marriage that is legal in Mexico is also legal in Canada.
However, if you intend to use your marriage certificate for any other purpose in Canada, you need to certify it the way they told you to do it.
For immigration purposes, you only need to show legal proof of marriage. You don't need to certify it at the embassy.

Huron

Oct 14, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
bonbon9 said:
A marriage that is legal in Mexico is also legal in Canada.
However, if you intend to use your marriage certificate for any other purpose in Canada, you need to certify it the way they told you to do it.
For immigration purposes, you only need to show legal proof of marriage. You don't need to certify it at the embassy.
Very good point Bonbon. You mention “if you intend to use your marriage certificate for any other purpose in Canada you need to certify it the way they told you to do it.”

For what purposed would one need to show/have a legalised Marriage certificate in Canada?

Has anyone had the need for a Legalised Marriage cert in Canada? If so can you share with us why you needed such a document.

I am sure this will help many of us decide whether it is worth going through the hassle of getting the cert legalised before we leave Mexico.

wooera

Star Member
Nov 2, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
MEXICO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-03-11
Nomination.....
29-04-11
AOR Received.
14-07-2011
File Transfer...
05-05-11
Passport Req..
09-09-11
I thinks for this is better and easy if once you get to canada get married there!! Is not loke in Mexico its really easy you don´t need anything! so once you finish your process get married there as well

solosunseeker

Jan 29, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Does the Canadian Embassy in Mexico ever use the Client Application Status site? Has anyone ever seen updates regarding there application on this site?

jendrian

Star Member
Oct 2, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-09-2010
Doc's Request.
08-01-2011
AOR Received.
08-01-2011
File Transfer...
22-12-2010
Med's Request
08-01-2011
Med's Done....
30-08-2010
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
24-02-2011
VISA ISSUED...
28-02-2011
LANDED..........
11-03-2011
yes I have, every update was like 2 months late though

Mar 23, 2011
Hi Everyone!

I sure hope I can get some advice here! How does my Mexican husband who is here in Canada get his state police cert? He called the station in Guerrero last week because the website says he must be there in person and that is impossible. The woman on the phone told him to send a simple carte de poder, a few infantile photos, his curp and fingerprints. We fedexed it all to his brother and last night his brother said none of it was acceptaable. His bother said he needs a very formal power of attorny done here at the embassy. It takes a month and costs over 100.00. ( for thee power of attorney) also he needs passport size pics and new fingerprints as well as a bank statement. What a difference form what we were told on the phone.
We applied May 2010 and recieved the first stage approval a few weeks back. Has anyone been through this?? Please. please guide us.
Thanks so much!
Marilou

jendrian

Star Member
Oct 2, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-09-2010
Doc's Request.
08-01-2011
AOR Received.
08-01-2011
File Transfer...
22-12-2010
Med's Request
08-01-2011
Med's Done....
30-08-2010
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
24-02-2011
VISA ISSUED...
28-02-2011
LANDED..........
11-03-2011
when you apply inland they will ask you for all the finger prints and pictures to be sent to the embassy, he can't do that at the PGR in Mexico city. Don't worry, all required information will come in the letter you'll receive once the process has started. Inland takes a long long time though, but if you two are together already that shouldn't be a problem.

bonbon9

Jul 7, 2010
ON, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
MX
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09/15/2010
AOR Received.
12/02/2010
File Transfer...
10/14/2010
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
02/23/2011
LANDED..........
05/17/2011
Huron said:
Very good point Bonbon. You mention “if you intend to use your marriage certificate for any other purpose in Canada you need to certify it the way they told you to do it.”

For what purposed would one need to show/have a legalised Marriage certificate in Canada?

Has anyone had the need for a Legalised Marriage cert in Canada? If so can you share with us why you needed such a document.

I am sure this will help many of us decide whether it is worth going through the hassle of getting the cert legalised before we leave Mexico.
Only two reasons I can think of is:
1) Getting divorced ( :-\ )
2) Getting a mortgage for a house? Or any type of legal contract that requires a certified marriage certificate..

I wish I could help more but we got married in Canada.. So we didn't have this issue. I think certifying it is worth it at some point, but the point is that you don't need it for immigration. Else they would also ask us to certify (apostillar) birth certificates and have them stamped at the embassy..

Certifying those certificates is something I would have definitely done in the waiting time. :)

bonbon9

Jul 7, 2010
ON, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
MX
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09/15/2010
AOR Received.
12/02/2010
File Transfer...
10/14/2010
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
02/23/2011
LANDED..........
05/17/2011
wooera said:
I thinks for this is better and easy if once you get to canada get married there!! Is not loke in Mexico its really easy you don´t need anything! so once you finish your process get married there as well
You can't get double married though.. Not sure if that's what you mean.

And considering the fact that the chances to be issued a visit visa to come to Canada to get married are very, very slim...