+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Mexico

Migueltravellover

Star Member
Mar 1, 2023
Have you tried comparing with other people’s applications and checking if that timing is normal? Sounds like a long wait time but I’ve heard from people that applied in 2021 beginning of 2022 that their applications have been taking longer…

Becca024

Feb 21, 2023
Have you tried comparing with other people’s applications and checking if that timing is normal? Sounds like a long wait time but I’ve heard from people that applied in 2021 beginning of 2022 that their applications have been taking longer…
Someone from Brazil who sent their application in August 2022 just got their PPR today! From Mexico Visa office

Becca024

Feb 21, 2023
They just announced news about spousal sponsorships! To my understanding, all spousal sponsorships waiting for PPR can apply for TRV and it will be processed within 30 days! They all said that since July 2022 all new applications will be proceed within 12 months as a max so I’m guessing all of us waiting will hear good news soon! I don’t know how to apply for visitor visa just yet though. But I’m more hopeful now

Reactions: JM0930

Kiva667

May 9, 2019
It's not quite so simple. According to CBC:

"The new system will sift through the person's application and determine how likely it is that they will be granted permanent residency. Those with a high likelihood will be put in a category that fast-tracks their temporary visa."

Reactions: Becca024

Jacornejo20

Star Member
Dec 8, 2021
It's not quite so simple. According to CBC:

"The new system will sift through the person's application and determine how likely it is that they will be granted permanent residency. Those with a high likelihood will be put in a category that fast-tracks their temporary visa."
Good morning, sorry for the question, I would like to know where I should apply for the TRv according to the minister's announcement on May 26.

Happycare

Sep 9, 2023
hey I am undocumented from mexico I currently live in the usa and i entered without inspection when i was a child i lived my whole life in the usa. assuming i meet the requirements for express entry do i have to go back to mexico to apply? how much of my application can i do in the usa? i dont mind doing the fbi clearance and the medicals in the usa if allowed. my whole life is in the usa and my partner is from the usa as well . Am i inadmissible? i have no criminal record i cant afford a lawyer so i have to do it on my own If anyone had experince applying well being undocumented in the usa i would apperciate it thanks

garbimba

Star Member
Jan 28, 2019
hey I am undocumented from mexico I currently live in the usa and i entered without inspection when i was a child i lived my whole life in the usa. assuming i meet the requirements for express entry do i have to go back to mexico to apply? how much of my application can i do in the usa? i dont mind doing the fbi clearance and the medicals in the usa if allowed. my whole life is in the usa and my partner is from the usa as well . Am i inadmissible? i have no criminal record i cant afford a lawyer so i have to do it on my own If anyone had experince applying well being undocumented in the usa i would apperciate it thanks
You will probably be OK. I have a family member who applied from the US with no status and had no problems applying and entering from over there without having to go back to her country of citizenship. Just make sure you're honest in your application especially the Background Declaration.

notdutra

Jan 19, 2024
anyone still waiting? i received pre arrival on oct 26 but im still waiting on background check to complete...

bergy2018

Star Member
Jan 13, 2019
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico City
AOR Received.
2018-03-09
Applicant has landed yesterday. All went well with the immigration process at Montreal airport. Took about an hour and a half. Officers were really friendly with the applicant.

Best of luck
Applicant is booked for the Oath on March 11th 2024 !!!!

notdutra

Jan 19, 2024
update to my timeline:
Sent my Application on March 3rd, 2023
Apr 18 - Application received
June 23 - Biometrics request
June 26 - Transfered aplication from Sydney VO to Mexico VO
June 28 - Biometrics completed
Sept 20 - Medical request
Sept 29 - Medical completed
Oct 26 - Eligibility completed
Oct 27 - Received pre arrival service email
Feb 8 - Background Check completed
Feb 9 - Added COPR Doc num
Feb 14 - Passport request (i also sent the same day to VFS)

Happycare

Sep 9, 2023
What does the new visa requirements for Mexicans mean for express entry? I am going to have ita in next round should i withdraw my application i doubt i will get approved now since one of the requirements is having good paperwork from the usa but i have a lifetime ban there...