Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
24-02-2011
VISA ISSUED...
28-02-2011
LANDED..........
11-03-2011
Bonbon was really lucky she didn't get called for an interview, and that she was able to send someone for the police records, so think about that too.

Thanks for the congrats!

tarnen

Dec 21, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April-12-2011
AOR Received.
Oct-14-2011
File Transfer...
June-12-2011
Med's Done....
April-04-2011
Interview........
not needed
Passport Req..
Dec-19-2011
VISA ISSUED...
Jan-06-2012
LANDED..........
planned for March
Huron said:
What government building from what countries are saying that you need all the signatures ?
the Canadian Consulate in Monterrey, Mexico is telling me I need all these signature to use my marriage certificate outside of Mexico. and the SRE (Secretaria de Relaciones Exteriores) is telling me I have to do this also. They are telling me I need a Canadian stamp of approval, and the only way to get it is to have all these signatures apparrently, but nobody else has had to do this right?

GT25

Star Member
Jul 7, 2010
Re: Mexico

jendrian said:
I'm landing in a few hours btw :D I'm currently packing and doing some inventory to fill out the B4/B4A

So excited!
???
What is b4/b4a???? I'm worried now!!! By the way you were right about all I went to the Embassy in Mexico city and got my visa the same day no questions asked very friendly and now I'm ready to land on Saturday in vancouver. Please let me know how long takes when you land as a permanent resident I did not know i needed time there and I have a connection so I have only like 1 hour

jendrian

Star Member
Oct 2, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-09-2010
Doc's Request.
08-01-2011
AOR Received.
08-01-2011
File Transfer...
22-12-2010
Med's Request
08-01-2011
Med's Done....
30-08-2010
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
24-02-2011
VISA ISSUED...
28-02-2011
LANDED..........
11-03-2011
those two forms are an inventory of stuff you'll be taking to Canada so it can pass through border services tax free, but when I landed they didn't ask for them.

Could be just an airport thing though, have them ready anyway.

Oscar27

Mar 15, 2011
Mexico City
Category........
Visa Office......
MEXICO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-11-2012
Med's Done....
15-10-2012
Hello hello!
I'm new on the forum!
Im from mexico city, im 27 yrs old.

I've been reading a lot on this forum, a loooot, and well, you guys are very very helpful to each other! That's awesome! Congratulations to all of you who have been through this whole process succesfully!

I'm currently engaged with my Canadian woman and we're starting to look at this whole process called "Sponsorship". Man, it's a lot of paperwork and time!

We are currently contemplating where to get married, and as of right now the date is set to June, here in Mexico. (She lives in Montreal, btw). I hope it's ok if i ask some questions and someone would be able to help me.

1. Does her family have to be present in the wedding?? (i asked this because i read on another or maybe this thread that when the mexican guy was interviewed on the canadian embassy the woman gave her trouble because the parents were not present!)

2.- Does it matter the time we've know each other? (We met in December and lived togheter here in Mexico for over a month from Jan 27 to March 1st)

We are at the very very begining stages of the WHOLE process, meaning, i dont even have a passport!! BUT, i'm looking into it and looking forward to get in the next weeks.

We had the idea of getting married in Montreal but the trouble is that getting the Visiting Visa seems kinda hard, and could be denied really quick. Also i don't have bank statments and my credit card is maxed out from a year ago, neither i do have stable job because im a musician, so i think those reasons would be enough to denied me the Visiting Visa, so like i said, we opted for the route of getting married here, (she's coming back in june 1st).

When she was here last month, we decided to get married, so we went to the "Registro Civil" (called "la doceava" haha) near my aparment and we found out that we needed a lot of things, like her birth certificate (original), her "forma migratoria" (which she had), a letter from the SEGOB granting permission to her to get married (the one that cost like $1,500 mx) and also her birth certificated "apoztillada" or something like that, which we had no idea what the hell that means or how to ask for it in Montreal!!

Apart from the 2 principal questions, any adviced here? like i said, we're at the very very early stages of this whole process, and of course i will be documenting all the things as time pass.

Thanks for takin the time to read this!!

o scar

jendrian

Star Member
Oct 2, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-09-2010
Doc's Request.
08-01-2011
AOR Received.
08-01-2011
File Transfer...
22-12-2010
Med's Request
08-01-2011
Med's Done....
30-08-2010
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
24-02-2011
VISA ISSUED...
28-02-2011
LANDED..........
11-03-2011
Hello Oscar, welcome to the forum

1. Her family doesn't need to be at the wedding, but there better be a really good reason for it. For example she was having surgery, or can't travel because of medical condition, etc. If they're not there, you will have to explain to them and convince them that they couldn't assist to this very important and life changing decision of their daughter for a very good reason.

2. It doesn't matter when you two met each other, but if it's too soon (if you've only been together for a month) it looks a little suspicious to their eyes so you will have to explain that too.

My two answers are "probably", from what I've read in this and other forums. I wasn't asked for an interview so you could still pull it off without it if you find a way to provide evidence that your relationship is genuine and continuing (<-- this is very important)

To get married in Mexico
First, be prepared to spend a lot, and I mean, A LOT of running around. Every civil registry office has similar requirements, although they may differ a bit so your second step is to go and request from the office you're planning on getting married, a little sheet with information on what you need to bring to them. Be sure to mention she's canadian so they give you the additional documents you need to gather.

Thirdly, the general documents that are very important for her to bring:
1. Legalized and translated (by a certified translator) birth certificate.
The legalization of a document is done by the mexican embassy in Canada, and the translation is on you, I would suggest you do the translation in Mexico because if you don't, you might need to legalize the translation as well (we weren't asked for the legalization of the translation).
Note: Canada doesn't do Apostille because they didn't sign the Hague convention.

2. 2600 MXN for the INM permit to marry a foreigner, and about 30 days to wait for its elaboration. A lot of patience with the INM will be necessary too since at least to us, they had us coming back and forth in the Chiapas jungle for 5 days (we even had a small car crash one of those times).
The letter is from INM, not from SEGOB btw.

3. about 100-2500 MXN to schedule a minister to go marry you at your preferred location. It is actually worth it to make a very pretty wedding (and hence spend the 2500 on the minister), because it shows how important it is for you two to get your lives together, and CIC will take that as a "hey, they care" instead of: "hey, they might be abusing the system". I've read of a lot of people who've been denied their applications because they got married at the Civil Registry offices.

4. Medical tests. It needs to be done by a mexican lab, and you need to tell them it's "marriage medical tests". This document expires in 15 or 30 days depending on the lab, so don't do them until your wedding date is near.

5. The migratory form she gets from border services at the airport when she arrives.

6. Photocopies of her passport, ALL of the pages.

7. 4 witnesses, 2 assigned for you, and 2 assigned for her. They can't be the parents of any of you because the parents need to sign separately (if they're absent they just write "absent"). Other family members are alright.
The witnesses' ID's usually need to go next to yours on a special arrangement the civil registry offers operates under. Ask about that at the office too.

My following advice is to just take the time to read the forms. We read every single long a$$ document we could find on their page, and gave them all the information they required on the proper channels they requested, and as a result our application went up smoothly and I'm already here.

Good luck with your application and don't hesitate to ask more questions!

solosunseeker

Jan 29, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Oscar,
Each state in Mexico handles things differently, you should ask lots of questions in which ever state you plan to marry in. We got married in Q.Roo and our experience was very different for Jendrian's. But if the marriage part sounds too hard or too expensive, Immigration is much worse. It's not easy, it's not fast, and it's not painless.

Actually, I would recommend reviewing the immigration application together before you get married too. There's a lot of questions about the engagement, wedding, and honeymoon.

M

mrandmrsromero

Embassy Mexico City - Visa Office is Moving:

Just a heads up for anyone planning to go to the embassy over next couple of weeks: http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/mexico-mexique/imm/important_notice-avis_important.aspx?lang=eng&menu_id=5&menu=L

kdr

May 11, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-01-2011
Doc's Request.
15-03-2011
AOR Received.
28-02-2011
File Transfer...
04-02-2011
Med's Done....
27-12-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
25-04-2011
LANDED..........
24-05-2011
Thanks for the move notice, good to know:) Has your husband dropped off his PGR yet? Mine got the package in the mail on Saturday, yaaaayyyy. One step closer!

M

mrandmrsromero

kdr said:
Thanks for the move notice, good to know:) Has your husband dropped off his PGR yet? Mine got the package in the mail on Saturday, yaaaayyyy. One step closer!
Glad to hear you got the package. We are now waiting to receive his federal and state police certificates; as well as one to come back from the US before we can move forward to next stage. Taking it one sloooowwwww moment at a time.

solosunseeker

Jan 29, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
The embassy received my husband’s police clearances today, now we are back to hurry up and wait. Ooohh I hope we hear something soon. Can someone tell me if they will call him or email him or send another stupid letter that will never arrive? Who were the last people to get their PRs for the embassy in Mexico? How long did you wait after dropping off the police clearance papers? After 15 months of patience, I don’t have much left. This feels kind of like Christmas but I just don’t want a lump of coal. :eek:

kdr

May 11, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-01-2011
Doc's Request.
15-03-2011
AOR Received.
28-02-2011
File Transfer...
04-02-2011
Med's Done....
27-12-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
25-04-2011
LANDED..........
24-05-2011
We just got the package on Saturday and he still has to go apply for the PGR and such. So we still have plenty of waiting as well.

He also got a "strange" email from the embassy earlier this week saying that thier records say that he was married when he previously entered Canada and that he did not list a previous marriage on his permanent residency application or provide a divorce certificate!!! It was a total shock to get this because he has NEVER been married before! So its been a stressful few days trying to figure out how to sort all this out...they are giving us 60 days to provide evidence that our marriage is legal (as it woulndt be if he was married to someone else at the same time).

So we have both written statutory declarations, he got a form from the Mexican government saying that he has never been married there, and also a certificate from the church stating that he has not had a church wedding there. Fingers crossed that this will make them realize that this is the first marriage for both of us. Im assuming that there was some sort of miscommunication or misunderstaning or human error that is saying that he is married in the Canada Immigration computer saying.

So bizarre, I am praying that this does not result in the refusal of our application due to thier suspision that we are not legally married:(((((

jendrian

Star Member
Oct 2, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-09-2010
Doc's Request.
08-01-2011
AOR Received.
08-01-2011
File Transfer...
22-12-2010
Med's Request
08-01-2011
Med's Done....
30-08-2010
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
24-02-2011
VISA ISSUED...
28-02-2011
LANDED..........
11-03-2011
weird, he might've crossed the wrong box when entering Canada one time

kdr

May 11, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-01-2011
Doc's Request.
15-03-2011
AOR Received.
28-02-2011
File Transfer...
04-02-2011
Med's Done....
27-12-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
25-04-2011
LANDED..........
24-05-2011
Thats what I think too....wrong box on a form he filled out or when he was being routinely questioned by an immigration/customers agent they checked the wrong box in the computer. :'(