AOR Received.
Appeal won Sept 2010
File Transfer...
16-11- 2010
Med's Request
Doc request Dec 2010
Med's Done....
15-02-2011
WAITING AND WAITING AND WAITING FOR THE PGR POLICE REPORT. ! ! ! ! ! ! :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Apparently it was requested by the embassy directly on Jan 18th 2011. my local MP sent a request o status on application on Feb 15ht 2011 their response ( The Embassy ) they are waiting on PGR to send them the report.

A new request for status on our application was sent on March 16th 2011,

Embassy's response:

" We are currently still waiting for the results from the federal police. We will contact the applicant once all the results are on file."

Sincerely,

Immigration Section / Service d'immigration
Canadian Embassy in Mexico / Ambassade du Canada à México

what ? ? ? ? ? ?? ? ? ?? ? ? ?? ? ?

its been 60 days and they haven't receive the PGR report ? I CALL THE PGR AND THEY ARE TELLING ME THAT THE EMBASSY CANNOT REQUEST IT , and if they did I need a folio number for them help me out ???????????

WE ARE LOST ,

SORRY FOR THE CAIPS , MAYUSCULAS , BUT WE DONT KNOW what to do at this point , and then out member of parliament is asking us to wait another month ?

we even offer for us to request the police certificate and the embassy said to wait for the one they requested ???????????????

HELPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP

solosunseeker

Jan 29, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Sorry Mikeyvr, I know the waiting is painful. All I can tell you is my husband was at the PGR office Monday of last week to drop of the papers and he received an email last friday saying the clearance was ready. This makes me think that the PGR office is not that busy, they state 10 days but it was avalaible in 5.

I don't think MP offices always give the best advise. Can you ask the PGR office, if you had a folio number how long would a clearance like that normally take? And the next time the MP office does an enquiry ask for the folio number.

Hang in there.

mikeyvr

Mar 3, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
Appeal won Sept 2010
File Transfer...
16-11- 2010
Med's Request
Doc request Dec 2010
Med's Done....
15-02-2011
solosunseeker said:
Sorry Mikeyvr, I know the waiting is painful. All I can tell you is my husband was at the PGR office Monday of last week to drop of the papers and he received an email last friday saying the clearance was ready. This makes me think that the PGR office is not that busy, they state 10 days but it was avalaible in 5.

I don't think MP offices always give the best advise. Can you ask the PGR office, if you had a folio number how long would a clearance like that normally take? And the next time the MP office does an enquiry ask for the folio number.

Hang in there.

Does your husband got an Folio # for him to pick up the Carta ?

solosunseeker

Jan 29, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
That i don't know and he took it directly to the embassy. I don't think he even took a copy. I will ask.

mikeyvr

Mar 3, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
Appeal won Sept 2010
File Transfer...
16-11- 2010
Med's Request
Doc request Dec 2010
Med's Done....
15-02-2011
solosunseeker said:
That i don't know and he took it directly to the embassy. I don't think he even took a copy. I will ask.
Meaning , when he went to PGR to process the Carta , they ask him to go back in 5 or 10 business days , who did he picked it up ? with a tracking number ? folio number?

NAFTA.couple

Star Member
Jan 16, 2011
GTA
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Passport Req..
05-04-11
LANDED..........
23-05-11
Hi all
My PGR certificate was requested 3 weeks ago, and it was ready for pickup on the 6th business day, 13 days ago. The PGR clearly says it is valid for 15 natural days, and now it turns out my friend in Mexico City who was supposed to take it to the embassy for me has let me down, first on Thursday, then again today. I asked her to try tomorrow. My question is this: will the certificate actually be rejected by the embassy because it will be past the 15-day limit? Has anyone actually gone through this problem? Thanks

jendrian

Star Member
Oct 2, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-09-2010
Doc's Request.
08-01-2011
AOR Received.
08-01-2011
File Transfer...
22-12-2010
Med's Request
08-01-2011
Med's Done....
30-08-2010
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
24-02-2011
VISA ISSUED...
28-02-2011
LANDED..........
11-03-2011
haven't gone through that problem myself but if you check the letter requesting the PGR clearance it clearly states that the certificate will be valid for the embassy for 30 days from the date of elaboration.

I still wouldn't risk it myself, all you can do is try right now and make sure your friend tells the officer this problem, and shows her the other letter that says it's valid for 30.

Good luck and all that will happen if you don't get to submit it now, is that you'll have to do the paperwork again with PGR. If it was delivered for you in a week it doesn't seem like that long a wait, nor was it expensive so... no big worries here.

Now for the other paper, the embassy's letter, tell your friend not to forget to request a new one if the PGR clearance isn't accepted.

Huron

Oct 14, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
NAFTA.couple said:
Hi all
My PGR certificate was requested 3 weeks ago, and it was ready for pickup on the 6th business day, 13 days ago. The PGR clearly says it is valid for 15 natural days, and now it turns out my friend in Mexico City who was supposed to take it to the embassy for me has let me down, first on Thursday, then again today. I asked her to try tomorrow. My question is this: will the certificate actually be rejected by the embassy because it will be past the 15-day limit? Has anyone actually gone through this problem? Thanks
I do not know about your friend but today is a Holiday in Mexico. (¡Happy Benito Juárez Day Everyone!) I think both the PGR and the Embassy are closed so maybe it was not your friends fault for today.......

NAFTA.couple

Star Member
Jan 16, 2011
GTA
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Passport Req..
05-04-11
LANDED..........
23-05-11
Huron said:
I do not know about your friend but today is a Holiday in Mexico. (¡Happy Benito Juárez Day Everyone!) I think both the PGR and the Embassy are closed so maybe it was not your friends fault for today.......
jendrian said:
haven't gone through that problem myself but if you check the letter requesting the PGR clearance it clearly states that the certificate will be valid for the embassy for 30 days from the date of elaboration.

I still wouldn't risk it myself, all you can do is try right now and make sure your friend tells the officer this problem, and shows her the other letter that says it's valid for 30.

Good luck and all that will happen if you don't get to submit it now, is that you'll have to do the paperwork again with PGR. If it was delivered for you in a week it doesn't seem like that long a wait, nor was it expensive so... no big worries here.

Now for the other paper, the embassy's letter, tell your friend not to forget to request a new one if the PGR clearance isn't accepted.
Thanks, guys.
The embassy was open today, per their list of statutory holidays (they are a Canadian entity so they don't observe all local holidays).
Jendrian, I should've kept a copy of the embassy letter. You're right, I do remember it says 30 days, so as long as my friend actually delivers this week, it should be fine. You're also right in saying it was quick and it doesn't cost much; however, traveling to and from Mexico City is not cheap and of course it would all mean a further delay. Do you really think there's a chance the receiving officer at the embassy might reject it on the spot, while my friend is still there?

jendrian

Star Member
Oct 2, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-09-2010
Doc's Request.
08-01-2011
AOR Received.
08-01-2011
File Transfer...
22-12-2010
Med's Request
08-01-2011
Med's Done....
30-08-2010
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
24-02-2011
VISA ISSUED...
28-02-2011
LANDED..........
11-03-2011
yeah there's a chance of that; if you've ever dealt with mexican bureaucracy you already know that is an ever present concern. That is canadian soil and those are canadian officers, but they live in Mexico so there's that chance.

When I went deliver my papers at the embassy they took also the letter I remember saying it was 30 days, so you're better off emailing them directly at mexico-im-quiry@international.gc.ca; but since they've answered to me in a lapse of 6 days that's not all that good an option (doesn't hurt though). I'd put in the subject "doc expiring, URGENT" see if they answer faster.

But well, my advice is to just send your friend and give him/her specific instructions on what to ask in case it's rejected, and that would be:
How to get another certificate when the first one was issued but expired

tarnen

Dec 21, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April-12-2011
AOR Received.
Oct-14-2011
File Transfer...
June-12-2011
Med's Done....
April-04-2011
Interview........
not needed
Passport Req..
Dec-19-2011
VISA ISSUED...
Jan-06-2012
LANDED..........
planned for March
Your all wrong (sorry if that sounds rude) but I have called the embassy of Canada and they tell me my marriage in Mexico is legal but not yet legal in Canada. I need to legalize it for Canada and to do that I need quote "Documents issued in Mexico to be used in Canada must first be authenticated by the Mexican Ministry of the Interior (Secretaría de Gobernación) and the Department of Legalizations of the Mexican Ministry of Foreign Affairs (Secretaría de Relaciones Exteriores) having jurisdiction over the region where such documents were originally issued. Once authenticated, documents can be legalized by the Canadian Embassy in Mexico City or the consulates in their area of jurisdiction, and finally can be officially translated into English or French" so long story short. state signature then federal signature, then embassy of Canada signature, only then can we translate it. I don't know how you all did it, but The embassy is telling me I need to do this. Maybe the rules changed since you guys did it, I don't know. But they are telling us to do this.
thank you all for you help and as much as I trust you guys seeing as how you have done this already, the actual embassy is telling me what I have to do. For safety sakes and just scared of screwing something up, we might have to fly to Mexico City.

NAFTA.couple

Star Member
Jan 16, 2011
GTA
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Passport Req..
05-04-11
LANDED..........
23-05-11
jendrian said:
yeah there's a chance of that; if you've ever dealt with mexican bureaucracy you already know that is an ever present concern. That is canadian soil and those are canadian officers, but they live in Mexico so there's that chance.
When I went deliver my papers at the embassy they took also the letter I remember saying it was 30 days, so you're better off emailing them directly at mexico-im-quiry @ international.gc.ca; but since they've answered to me in a lapse of 6 days that's not all that good an option (doesn't hurt though). I'd put in the subject "doc expiring, URGENT" see if they answer faster.
But well, my advice is to just send your friend and give him/her specific instructions on what to ask in case it's rejected, and that would be:
How to get another certificate when the first one was issued but expired
Well, it looks like it was fine. My friend finally went to the embassy to deliver my documents and the person there date-stamped everything and didn't seem to have a problem with any of it. Now to hope everything goes smoothly and a PPR follows soon. BTW, if anyone is using trackitt.com, user float6 applied December 3 and had a PPR on March 18 = that's only 3.5 months. Could the embassy be picking the pace up?

kdr

May 11, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-01-2011
Doc's Request.
15-03-2011
AOR Received.
28-02-2011
File Transfer...
04-02-2011
Med's Done....
27-12-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
25-04-2011
LANDED..........
24-05-2011
Personally, I think that things are moving faster:) And Jenridan and Canda both had great processing times too! It makes me feel more optimisitc. I wasnt really expecting to get our AOR till late April or May so was shocked to get it so fast. I know that they had a job posting for an immigration assistant that closed in early February so maybe now they are doing training for new staff and ensuring that things get done ASAP? Who knows but I like it! Fingers crossed that it keeps going quickly (although we have a considerable bump right now...proving that my spouse was not married before!).

Good luck to everyone!

jendrian

Star Member
Oct 2, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-09-2010
Doc's Request.
08-01-2011
AOR Received.
08-01-2011
File Transfer...
22-12-2010
Med's Request
08-01-2011
Med's Done....
30-08-2010
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
24-02-2011
VISA ISSUED...
28-02-2011
LANDED..........
11-03-2011
@tarnen. We've been using our marriage certificate issued in Mexico in Canada without anything the canadian embassy told you you needed to do and our marriage is recognized as legal.

So... you may have been misdirected

solosunseeker

Jan 29, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Tarnen I think you are trying to make this as hard as possible. You have not even submitted yet, you may want to save some of that energy for the actually application process.

Our application is at the embassy right now and they don't have any problem with our marriage cert.