+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Medical Test - Blood in Urine

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Don't be worried friend. I had blood in my urine too( +1). I was worried but the doctor said everything is ok. 16 days after my AOR I got MEP and i am at IP1 stage now. You will pass your medical. It isn't contagious
Has nothing to do with being contagious. Slight blood in the urine usually indicates an urinary infection which may need antibiotics. They are looking for both easily contagious things but most importantly medical conditions that are expensive to treat.

Reactions: ndoan95 and Mikias

AmB20

Star Member
Oct 18, 2017
Has nothing to do with being contagious. Slight blood in the urine usually indicates an urinary infection which may need antibiotics. They are looking for both easily contagious things but most importantly medical conditions that are expensive to treat.
So its ok or I would just have to wait for CIC to confirm on that. Since they increased the medical liability cost almost three times now as compared to old limit, hope that would not cause any issue.

Honeyz8920001

Aug 10, 2018
Done with medical but in my urine sample there were 10 to 12 rbc /hpf.. m tensed if it can create a issue in my application to immigrate to canada

AmB20

Star Member
Oct 18, 2017
My wife had blood in her urine, to which our panel physician said its ok and submitted the report to CIC. We passed medicals post two weeks from AOR date.

Reactions: Nimrod

nashmia

Nov 21, 2009
Same issue with me blood in urine the dr said they will chk how mch of its according go range then im all clear if not rhen she said she will call next week for blood test and urine test if needed and if i dont get the call im good to go.

I don't have any history of any medical issue so far and no pain in bladder or kidney area whc the dr said need to be chked to rule out the blood in urine oh yes to add to that my urine was clear !but on that particular day we had an obligatory fast that i was hellbent on keeping maybe that gave away my urine test i wont lie i was dehydrated.

I hope my test clears through and i dont get the call.

It very much puts a healthy person in alot of tension.

SR123321

Jul 30, 2018
Hi,
I have the same issue. But the Blood just says large, not +2 or +3. There is no protein. I will be applying today with the husband and he is the primary. Just worried a little bit about the status. Do I have to get Creatine test myself or will CIC tell me to do it?

AmB20

Star Member
Oct 18, 2017
Hi,
I have the same issue. But the Blood just says large, not +2 or +3. There is no protein. I will be applying today with the husband and he is the primary. Just worried a little bit about the status. Do I have to get Creatine test myself or will CIC tell me to do it?
What did your panel physician say? If he says its fine then no need to worry.

SR123321

Jul 30, 2018
What did your panel physician say? If he says its fine then no need to worry.
He did tell me to consult a urologist and said they might ask for more tests. No other issues in other tests. Also when they ask you to take tests again does it mean you should have no blood in urine then or just other tests to confirm you don't have any specific diseases.

Last edited:

AmB20

Star Member
Oct 18, 2017
He did tell me to consult a urologist and said they might ask for more tests. No other issues in other tests. Also when they ask you to take tests again does it mean you should have no blood in urine then or just other tests to confirm you don't have any specific diseases.
Not sure. My wife had blood in urine and she was close to her periods which we told the panel physician in advance. I guess while uploading results he marked everything as fine hence we passed the medicals.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Not sure. My wife had blood in urine and she was close to her periods which we told the panel physician in advance. I guess while uploading results he marked everything as fine hence we passed the medicals.
Different holes so shouldn't be related. No matter what you shouldn't have blood in your urine so the problem needs to be solved. Most common answer is a urinary tract infection which can be easily treated with antibiotics. Can be due to many other reasons. You may asked to retest to make sure it comes back clear. Would treat blood in urine before you go to the panel physician if possible.

SR123321

Jul 30, 2018
Different holes so shouldn't be related. No matter what you shouldn't have blood in your urine so the problem needs to be solved. Most common answer is a urinary tract infection which can be easily treated with antibiotics. Can be due to many other reasons. You may asked to retest to make sure it comes back clear. Would treat blood in urine before you go to the panel physician if possible.
Right. Yeah I did take an appointment with a doctor for it. Does anyone know how long does it take before getting a response from cic about medical results. Right now the status says "You do not need a medical exam. We will send you a message if this changes."

harnav sra

Nov 3, 2018
Right. Yeah I did take an appointment with a doctor for it. Does anyone know how long does it take before getting a response from cic about medical results. Right now the status says "You do not need a medical exam. We will send you a message if this changes."
Hi I had ++ blood in urine. I was on day 5 of my periods. Radiologists noted my menstruating day..I m worried..will cic ask me to 're take test. ?? I repent going for medical check up in my period