+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Medical Test - Blood in Urine

Pris

May 11, 2018
Hi Guys need assistance please help!!
I had mymedical done few months back and Doctor advised to do an additional blood test as they found blood in my urine test?
Now I don't know the result of that extra test done - Is it ok to submit the same medical or do a new one ?
Does CIC reject application based on the above situation ?
Your help will be greately appreciated !
I had the same issue but my medical was validated without further tests. The doctor told me that this is not a reason for rejection in Canada

Yoruba girl

Star Member
Sep 12, 2019
I had blood in my urine when I did my medicals back home during my study visa application. I was asked to redo the test but I don’t know what the result was but I got my study visa.

Monikap

Jun 17, 2019
Hello guys i also had 1+ occult blood in urine . Doctor didn’t say anything and they uploaded. Yet to pass medical but i am freaking out. Is this normal? Google had mixed response. 1+
Is fine and no additional test is required? Can anyone please confirm? Thanks

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hello guys i also had 1+ occult blood in urine . Doctor didn’t say anything and they uploaded. Yet to pass medical but i am freaking out. Is this normal? Google had mixed response. 1+
Is fine and no additional test is required? Can anyone please confirm? Thanks
Did your doctor not even send your blood for further testing to make sure you just don’t have a UTI? You should want to make sure the blood disappears from your urine for your own health.

Monikap

Jun 17, 2019
Did your doctor not even send your blood for further testing to make sure you just don’t have a UTI? You should want to make sure the blood disappears from your urine for your own health.
No he didn’t say anything at all and uploaded my test results to cic. I did in USA not sure here it differs. I am lil scared.

Monikap

Jun 17, 2019
I will be drinking lots of water and fruit. Actually i googled they said for women its common. But can you confirm from cic prospective its fine or not?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I will be drinking lots of water and fruit. Actually i googled they said for women its common. But can you confirm from cic prospective its fine or not?
You can drink lots of water but fruit will do nothing for you. You should check with your doctor to see if you have a UTI that needs treatment. A course of antibiotics may be needed once they send off your urine for analysis. You maybe asked to repeat the test to make sure the issue has cleared up. iRCC is more concerned about kidney issues so you may be asked to do more testing to rule that out. This isn’t a super big deal and usually a bacterial infection.

Monikap

Jun 17, 2019
You can drink lots of water but fruit will do nothing for you. You should check with your doctor to see if you have a UTI that needs treatment. A course of antibiotics may be needed once they send off your urine for analysis. You maybe asked to repeat the test to make sure the issue has cleared up. iRCC is more concerned about kidney issues so you may be asked to do more testing to rule that out. This isn’t a super big deal and usually a bacterial infection.
Hi whats the UTI? Did you have the same experience ? Should i wait until my results are updated on portal or should i call upfront? What kind of antibiotics I should take? Thanks for replying

Monikap

Jun 17, 2019
Hi whats the UTI? Did you have the same experience ? Should i wait until my results are updated on portal or should i call upfront? What kind of antibiotics I should take? Thanks for replying
I actually googled the symptoms I don’t have any of those. Plus i am lil surprised why doc didn’t say anything if its not normal. All my other report are good .

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Uti is a urinary tract infection. If you have blood in your urine I would want to solve the issue myself. If you have medical insurance in the US I would go to your family doctor to get a urine sample tested again. Depending on the results you may need a course of antibiotics. The doctor will prescribe the appropriate antibiotics. In terms of your medical. Would wait and see if you are asked for any follow-up testing.

Monikap

Jun 17, 2019
Uti is a urinary tract infection. If you have blood in your urine I would want to solve the issue myself. If you have medical insurance in the US I would go to your family doctor to get a urine sample tested again. Depending on the results you may need a course of antibiotics. The doctor will prescribe the appropriate antibiotics. In terms of your medical. Would wait and see if you are asked for any follow-up testing.
Okay yes i do have the insurance and for this it wont cost me anything. But i want to take a week before i go and want to do correct things before i have test again. Except drinking water what else is suggested ?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Okay yes i do have the insurance and for this it wont cost me anything. But i want to take a week before i go and want to do correct things before i have test again. Except drinking water what else is suggested ?
The test at your doctor won’t get reported to the panel physician but if you are asymptomatic sure you can wait. You may read about cranberry juice. Don’t know if that has ever been proven. Don’t over hydrate. You can really do harm to yourself if you drink too much water. Symptomatic would mean having urgency (feeling like you have to pee often), pain, burning, visible blood in your urine, etc. Drinking enough fluid to wash out the bladder, kidney, ureter, etc. is your best attempt at treatment. If there is a low grade infection or something else going on the first step would be a course of antibiotics. As your research would have shown you if you are a woman UTIs are pretty common. Surprised you haven’t heard about them. Maybe you have heard the term bladder infection before. Like I said this is likely easily resolved.

Monikap

Jun 17, 2019
The test at your doctor won’t get reported to the panel physician but if you are asymptomatic sure you can wait. You may read about cranberry juice. Don’t know if that has ever been proven. Don’t over hydrate. You can really do harm to yourself if you drink too much water. Symptomatic would mean having urgency (feeling like you have to pee often), pain, burning, visible blood in your urine, etc. Drinking enough fluid to wash out the bladder, kidney, ureter, etc. is your best attempt at treatment. If there is a low grade infection or something else going on the first step would be a course of antibiotics. As your research would have shown you if you are a woman UTIs are pretty common. Surprised you haven’t heard about them. Maybe you have heard the term bladder infection before. Like I said this is likely easily resolved.
Okay thanks much for your time and detailed explanation. Yeah tbh i never heard or was ignorant maybe. Lets see will update here,

mm78

Star Member
Aug 18, 2019
Hi All,
My spouse has a blood in the urine (trace(A)) and also proteins (trace (a)). Ultrasound on the bladder and kidneys was done. Also bladder endoscopy was done. All are good. Also other tests like creatinine and eGFR are normal. What are the chances of passing the medicals?.
Thank you